Forum

TS3 causes sound drivers to fail

I've yet to determine how it's actually doing this. Leaving TS3 running at the same time as any other program that plays sound, regardless of whether anyone else is in the channel, will eventually cause sound on the whole system to stop working. Sometimes it happens after a few minutes, sometimes it takes two hours, but eventually I always hear a pop and everything goes dead.

Another curiosity is that video in a media player (this happens on both Windows Media Player and YouTube) will continue to play but very, very slowly. Sound files, likewise, scroll through slowly but obviously I don't hear anything. I've been updating audio drivers religiously in the hope this gets fixed, but considering this only ever happens with TS3 running, that might just be wishful thinking.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on a Intel BOXDP55WB motherboard running Realtek HD audio codec v2.61 - just about to update to 2.62 which came out today and see if that might solve the problem. System has 8 GB of RAM.

I've tried TS3 in 64-bit and 32-bit, both have the same problem. Tried reinstalling TS3, no change. Tried restarting sound drivers after they fail, that didn't work either. The only way I can get sound back is to reboot the system, but I have no guarantee that my sound will die at a convenient time for a reboot.

Sound driver update made no difference, ran a RAM test and there were no errors there.

Friend of mine has the exact same problem, hence bumping for fix

I tried a BIOS update from the motherboard manufacturer (Intel) and so far haven't had any more problems. Why that would make a difference I'm not sure, but a fix is a fix. I'll post an update if it happens again.

I had this same problem for a while, and seems to indeed be something with sound drivers. Before connecting next time, head to options->playback and set playback mode to direct sound, and your playback device to what it is. Do the same for capture. This fixed mine up and now appears to be working.

Hope it helps

Thread Information