Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Ts3 taking too long to open links in chat

Hey guys, I've been having this problem where it takes a full minute or two to open (for example) a music video on YouTube that my friend links in team speak chat. Previously it would instantly open the link but now when I click on links it takes a full minute or longer. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and Teamspeak a few times after and it's still happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gekkoin View Post
    Hey guys, I've been having this problem where it takes a full minute or two to open (for example) a music video on YouTube that my friend links in team speak chat. Previously it would instantly open the link but now when I click on links it takes a full minute or longer. I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and Teamspeak a few times after and it's still happening. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    Got a similar problem since weeks now.

Links clicked in TS will get opened in my browser, but it will not select the browser as viewpoint or whatever. So the TS3 window is still opened (same monitor) and the browser behind it. Only the 2 or 3 click will change the focus onto the browser window. It was never like this (always instant browser opening and focusing and now I and a Buddy of mine have the problem. Maybe a windows 10 update?

3.1.6 client / Windows 10 with all creators updates and other updates to this day.

Try https://github.com/Luch00/LxBTSC/releases its atleast at temporary fix to your problem and maybe even a solution you keep ^^

I don't think that's related. The issue is more likely a Window Shell issue.

I suggested it cause it embeds most links directly to the teamspeak chat, therefor avoiding the need of opening a browser at all sometimes ;-)

Thread Information