Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Community translation for YaTQA is now open. All you need (beside some language skills) is an account for Google Docs. Just send me the language and your Google Docs account's email adress by PM (please replace the @ with something, because the forum censors e-mail adresses) or e-mail.

Languages assigned yet:
    • German
    • English
    • French
    • Spanish
    • Catalan

You can however apply for proof-reading (especially for English).
    Last edited by numma_cway; July 26th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.

(Suggestion)

YaTQA includes a 'TSDNS Resolver' that resolves server address with DNS and TSDNS. Any chance to resolve SRV records too?

What do you want this to do? List all TS3-related SRV records for a domain?

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    What do you want this to do? List all TS3-related SRV records for a domain?
    I'm only interested in knowing the final address of a server when its 'DNS' uses a SRV record. Now the procedure is to use the TS3 client, connect and then look into the client log.

This suggestion it's not any priority at all but due that the TSDNS addressing is in the "Resolver" I thought that SRV could be available too, in this way the "Resolver" would act as the client does but without connect to the server. It could be useful for testing the definition of a srv record.

I am trying to start a virtual server with yatqa. That server is full of channels and configs, and it is configured with too much slots, and I can not start it (error code 2817, max slot limit reached) As it is not started, I can not select and edit its slot number.

Is there any solution?

The question would be how you did that. If you increase slots, it checks for you license. If you import (deploy) a server with more slots than you have, the server gets reduced automatically. So unless you lost your license (or had it expire), you simply shut down other servers temporarily and start them again. If you have really lost your license, you need to edit the server with SQLiteBrowser or something like this.
    However, this is not really a YaTQA-related issue, so you have to search the forum or start a new thread for assistance.

Because I got asked several times about what causes the delay right now, here are the reasons:

• I was writing a 60-page document for university.
    • After that, I was on holiday for 2 weeks.
    • YaTQA 1.4 will have a new interface that uses Windows Aero (but can be turned off). This is now finished.
    • It has several new features that are not finished, but are on a level that they cannot be removed easily anymore. For example, icons now get cached.
    • Several new translations will be added.
    • The licensing will change. Don't worry, noone will have to buy the program.
    • There have been changes in TS3 server software that must be added into the program.

Sadly, I can't give you an ETA.

Maybe cou can add a public repo where the community can contribute and help to finish the open features.

Repo link is available on request. I think that people who are interested in reading and adding code will have the time to send me an e-mail or PM.

Thanks for the software its the best software for backup Thanks

As I've been asked that several times now, here's a general statement on ports: Most of them make no sense.
    • RedeemerTS3 (query engine)
      • Port to other languages: RedeemerTS3 has static typing and returns only compositions (records). For list commands, those records contain arrays. There are other query libraries around for different language. Not sure why I get asked that often about that, doesn't the JTS3ServerQuery do its job?
      • Port to Lazarus: RedeemerTS3 is based on TIdTCPClient from Indy 10. I'm not sure if there is a working version of Indy for Lazarus, but according to the official website, there should be one. If so, you should be able to port RedeemerTS3 to Lazarus with little work.

• TS3Utils (several common functions for the GUI)
      • Port to Lazarus: Cannot be ported as it uses several image manipulation functions that are missing and – according to their website – will never be implemented in Lazarus. Additionally, there are a few system calls and some very rare Delphi RTLs are used.

• BBCodeUtils (BBCode <> RichEdit converter)
      • Port to other languages: Delphi's TRichEdit control is pretty limited and does not even support links. There should be better functions around for languages that have more RichEdit features.
      • Port to Lazarus: There is not even a TRichEdit in Lazarus...

• YaTQA (GUI)
      • General: Form/layout files (DFM) are in German. Underlying source code is primarily in English. Translateable text constants (“resource strings”) are in German.
      • Port to other languages: Actually, the GUI sources don't give you more information than running the actual program does. You must own Delphi to view DFMs.
      • Port to Lazarus: GUI is primarily based on TLinkLabel controls, that do not exist in Lazarus. Another problem is the TButton.ImageIndex property used for pseudo-toolbars in the permission editor, which has no Lazarus counterpart. Those two are also the main problems for Wine.

Therefore, YaTQA sources make sense primarily for educational purposes and if you consider adding features yourself. It only makes sense if you own Delphi 2009 or newer.

I'm trying to view Avatars and Icons under the Miscellaneous option and am presented with the following error:

---------------------------
    YaTQA
    The query could not be completed because you do not have the necessary permissions.

Command: ftgetfilelist

Error message: insufficient client permissions

Error code: 2568

Missing permission: #144.
    OK

I'm unsure as to what that means. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

That means that "the query could not be completed because you do not have the necessary permissions." Read the FAQ. This is not YaTQA-related in any way.

I know that, but what permission? I don't know what permission #144 is.

If you knew that, why do you use the YaTQA support thread for questions that have nothing to do with YaTQA? Additionally, as also stated there, using YaTQA without maximum permissions is unsupported. I'm fed up with all these unrelated and unsupported questions all the time, that also provide no information. Permission IDs change with every version of TS3, sometimes even in different builds of the same version. However, there are only two or three versions that use permission IDs below 4353, and as "i_group_auto_update_max_value" doesn't make sense, it must be "b_icon_manage".

Thread Information