Forum

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    That you very much. This has been a problem related to a lot of features that involve passing along properties (in this case server properties). While a command is sent, the semaphore is locked to prevent other commands to be sent so the response can be assigned to a command. After the reponse has been handled, another command may be sent.
    There is a general function for passing properties and it is called by other functions that need to pass properties. Both, the general and each function itself, unlock the semaphore. All other functions that call that general function do not unlock the semaphore, except for servercreate, which is unique in the fact that it return some values (e.g. the token). Channelcreate for some reason does not use that general function and servercreate has been changed to no longer do that, too. I also fixed a possible bug in the engine that I think cannot happen in YaTQA.

tl;dr: Download the fix here. Link will be sent to TeamSpeak to change the addons site.

/Edit: Changelog, since the release includes some other features and fixes:

• Fixed overlapping RedeemerTS3 version (English only)
    • Added command line switches “-a” (connect to default server) and “-c Hostname Port Username Password” (connect to this server).
    • Updated “Did you know?” accordingly.
    • Changed snapshot and mass snapshot encoding to UTF8
    • Save Channels (feature hidden for hotfix release)
    • Fixed missing translations
    • Fixed ping being rounded incorrectly (to two digits before instead of behind the dot)
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the answer feature in the console from switching to the RichEdit input type
    • Fixed semaphore bug with servercreate
    • Fixed possible bug with channelcreate
    • Fixed incorrect autostart counting
    • Possibly fixed possible/random bug with snapshot (only non-mass?) creation and deployment with timeout disabled (because this bug is random, you can never be sure to have fixed it)
    Last edited by numma_cway; April 28th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.

Hi numma_cway,

Thanks New Version runns Fine.

But now i had some little Questions about UPDATE YaTQA.

In the Software there is an Check for Update Buttorn ( Yes it works )
    But

1. Why download the whole installer ? and not the newes Files wird Replacing the old ones ?
    2. When the Installer Starts he is not checking if YaTQA is running AND grabs not the Installed Options Language.

Ok These only 2 little points but .........

Dam my Bad english. Ich wills einfach nur wissen.

Regards Sargnagel

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    1. Why download the whole installer ? and not the newes Files wird Replacing the old ones ?
    2. When the Installer Starts he is not checking if YaTQA is running AND grabs not the Installed Options Language.
    1. Auto updater will be added later. Might already come in the next update.
    2. The installer doesn't modify your system. But it would have to in order to save those preferences at a fixed place.

Backup problem (invalid clientID) (Failcode 512)

Hey i got big trouble with my backups since today.

i did everyday backups of my servers

and now i got a problem with it.

(Its on germany) but i think the errors your will understand

i did the backups (snapshots) with YaTQA

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140509/jytvcvw7.jpg

may your will find a fix for it

thx

Hello. Help gives this:

The query could not be completed because you do not have the necessary permissions.
    Command: serverlist
    Error code: 2568
    Missing permission: #4

Quote Originally Posted by Vyacheslav View Post
    Hello. Help gives this:
    The query could not be completed because you do not have the necessary permissions.
    Command: serverlist
    It's not a YATQA issue. The application only informs you that the query user has NOT permission for using "serverlist"; just like if you were using TELNET.

The query user needs this permission:
    b_serverinstance_virtualserver_list
    Code:
    Allows using the ServerQuery command "serverlist".
    Provides a list of virtual servers including their ID, status, number of clients online, etc. 
    For detailed informations, type "help serverlist" into theServerQuery or read the ts3_serverquery_manual.pdf
    ---- Note added:
    By the way:
    a) YATQA indicates the name of the needed permission after #4 --> you have ommitted this
    b) YATQA also explains the situation: "If you are not "serveradmin", this is a normal restriction by the server. Unless you are a guest, you should just click on the button below to go to your home server.

So... is the query user a guest? a registered user? the serveradmin? Can you give the needed permission?
    Last edited by PotaBlava; May 22nd, 2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Note added

He seems to be using the old 1.x versions, where the notes do not apply. The FAQs clearly say that using versions prior to 2.0-pre is not advisable with limited accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    He seems to be using the old 1.x versions, where the notes do not apply.
    Ok, then he can update the tool and the information from post#1 or directly this link:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ery-Admin-Tool

Im trying to give limited Server query to TS server instance owners so they may use your program to edit THEIR servers and most importantly be able to Start and Stop said server. However i cant seem to get it to work.

If i have this correct(Correct me if im wrong), Im logged into my test server with full admin(not serverquery) and i select tools and server query login and enter a username. If i understand this, this means that my TS user(HIM) now has a query login to use with your program and HE should have the ability to tinker and modify HIS server plus Start/Stop it without issue.

However this isnt the case. I can login with the login info i created for said user and HE has access to modify everything he should EXCEPT being able to restart HIS own server. Clicking the "Status" link on the "Statistics" tab says to use the server list however the server list is not available to HIM.
    Iv given HIM the "b_serverinstance_virtualserver_list" permission and that allows HIM to see the other servers(not really wat i want) but still is unable to stop/start server. Error states the "b_virtualserver_stop" permission isnt set even tho it is.

Is there something im missing or am i doing somthing wrong? I just want to create an account where a user can start/stop/modify HIS server.

Any help would be extremely helpful, till then i will continue to tinker to fix it.

(CAP HIM/HIS/ect. is to signify TS user)

I think what you want is not possible. Not because of YaTQA but because of TS. To get permissions from a standard Server Group, you must be on the corresponding server. So even if you manage to shut your server down, there will be no way to start it.
    I'm not an expert on the permission system so you might want to ask that question in the Permissions forum. If this results in the fact that it should work and just the buttons are missing to do it without the server list permission, I will add such feature in the next version (won't work on XP then).

Beside that, I cannot think of a use for restarting a server except for changing the port (which I think is not allowed/intended for your users anyway).

so the "serverstop" command wont work because it doesnt know what server the user is in? I dont think thats true because when i log into the program with my user i can select "Go to my home server" and your program knows what server is associated with that user. Now i dont think its on your server because im getting the same "error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=35
    " both in your program and in telnet. and i know for a fact that the user im login in with has permid 35(b_virtualserver_stop).

So im at a stand still. the only way iv so far been able to get it to work is to add the user to the server query admin group, but of course thats not an option outside testing.

If you think of anything that may fix this or have a suggestion as to where to get a solution id be appreciative.

thx again for a great Program. If i can get this to work il deff end up donating. Maybe adding a user feature in your app would be a good suggestion? that would solve the issue and i know its possible as iv seen it done in paid formats.

Again thx for the insight...

Quote Originally Posted by jlatour88 View Post
    so the "serverstop" command wont work because it doesnt know what server the user is in? I dont think thats true because when i log into the program with my user i can select "Go to my home server" and your program knows what server is associated with that user. Now i dont think its on your server because im getting the same "error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=35" both in your program and in telnet. and i know for a fact that the user im login in with has permid 35(b_virtualserver_stop).
    But you get permissions depending on the server you are on, not depending on which server you are from. If you are on no server, you get permissions from query groups only. And this is why you will never be able to start a server unless you allow Guest Query to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by jlatour88 View Post
    So im at a stand still. the only way iv so far been able to get it to work is to add the user to the server query admin group, but of course thats not an option outside testing.

If you think of anything that may fix this or have a suggestion as to where to get a solution id be appreciative.

thx again for a great Program. If i can get this to work il deff end up donating. Maybe adding a user feature in your app would be a good suggestion? that would solve the issue and i know its possible as iv seen it done in paid formats.
    This is nothing I can do. YaTQA is simply a visual interface for query. If you get it done with query, let me know how and I will add it to YaTQA.
    So if I'm wrong and there is a chance, the only way to know is by asking either the ISP where you saw it or in the Permissions forum.

But you get permissions depending on the server you are on, not depending on which server you are from. If you are on no server, you get permissions from query groups only. And this is why you will never be able to start a server unless you allow Guest Query to do so.

This is nothing I can do. YaTQA is simply a visual interface for query. If you get it done with query, let me know how and I will add it to YaTQA.
    So if I'm wrong and there is a chance, the only way to know is by asking either the ISP where you saw it or in the Permissions forum.
    After alot of testing i have finally got it to work in query. See the issue was the telnet session didnt know what server i was in so i use d the "use" command and set it to my servers ID. after that i was able to stop my server and just my server. After stopping the server you have to use the "use" command again but this time with the -virtual parameter so it lets you select a server thats offline(prob use that parameter for both USE commands.). So below is how to get it to work...

1. Open telnet and login
    Login "username" "password" [Use Serverquery Login from tools menu]

2. Select the virtual servers ID
    use "ID" -virtual

3. Then start or stop the server
    stopserver sid="ID"
    startserver sid="ID"

*Remember you need to use the USE command with the "-virtual" parameter after you stop the server. You can check if you have the server slected by using the "whoami" command.

Anyway i hope this helps you get this ability added to your program. with it and i personally will call it complete

thx

Okay, thanks for your answer. This will be added in the next version.

However, as explained here, YaTQA's future depends on the existance my personal NPL. ScP said, there might be a "Special Licenses" (third paragraph). Until this has been sorted out, there will be no new YaTQA release. Your features however will count as minor changes and will be free features. It's just about bigger changes.

Okay, thanks for your answer. This will be added in the next version.

However, as explained here, YaTQA's future depends on the existance my personal NPL. ScP said, there might be a "Special Licenses" (third paragraph). Until this has been sorted out, there will be no new YaTQA release. Your features however will count as minor changes and will be free features. It's just about bigger changes.
    this would be awesome. Id deff be all for this... If it works as needed lol. thx again guys, glad i could help.

Thread Information