Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    I released 3.6-pre2, available from yat.qa. It adds full support for IPv6 and 3.0.13. Note that neither the client nor the blacklist server support IPv6 right now, which limits testing abilities. I prepared these features as good as I can. I did this when I originally added IPv6 support to YaTQA in 2013, so YaTQA 1.4 and up can connect to IPv6 servers, but I didn't add IPv6 file transfer support back then. Using the new tcp_nodelay switch when starting the server makes YaTQA somewhat faster. Try it out if you are not using the SSH tunnel.

Sadly, my testing environment's ISP doesn't seem to be willing to sell me an IPv6 address. I need to do more testing with file transfers running on a different IP address. If someone is able and willing to help, let me know. Currently, I only have my laptop for testing which makes this a bit more complicated (though I think this can be done somehow).

Full changelog:

• Added query parameter changes added in 3.0.12 and 3.0.13 (YaTQA Pro)
    • Added support for IPv6 file transfers to YaTQA (there is query support for this already since 2013)
    • Added IPv6 DNS support (like for IP addresses, IPv6 must be enabled by square brackets, e.g. [::1])
    • Updated address input box hint in the login screen to hint for the notation of IPv6 addresses
    • Made editing IPv6 addresses in the login screen easier
    • Added support for 3.0.13 bindinglist subsystems (note that voice returns the bindings for each running server, which is stored in the servers’ virtualserver_ip, but I don’t know of any way set different IPs per virtual server)
    • Add support for serverside IPv6 (recognizing IP addresses)
    • CIDRs are no longer considered IPs (TeamSpeak 3 does not support CIDR and bans work by wildcards).
    • Made preparations for selection criteria for folder diff window
    • Added support for Android 3.0.23
    • Added theoretical IPv6 support to blacklist check via the notation mentioned above (obviously, no server-side support currently exists)

I released v3.6-rc1 now. Primarily, this is a bugfix release but it adds some lesser features, too.
    Download is available on yat.qa like for all preview versions.

Full changelog:

• Added selection criteria by size and date to file backup/deletion
    • Updated version info to 3.6
    • Fixed abbreviation for months (was m, just like minute, and is mo now)
    • Added support for 3.0.20/1465542546 (unlike all others, this has a comment saying “[IPv6 beta, win32 only]”)
    • Fixed a bug introduced in 3.6-pre that prevented users from deleting icons
    • Added cumulative log saving
    • First column of permission comparison resizable
    • Moved Clear Permissions menu item in that tab’s context menu a bit up
    • Fixed a bug that prevented the OK button from updating in the Add Permissions window if the list was modified by the context menu selection criteria
    • Some small changes to how the IP is displayed in the Users and User Details tab
      • Changed label from “Country” to “IP”, because Country was too long for IPv6 and it also fits the actual value better.
      • Removed the dash between IP and country for space reasons.
      • IPv6 addresses are displayed as CIDR /64 subnet without link locals.
      • IP range bans ban the actual

• Added IPv6 support to sorting by IP in User DB tab
    • Made sure IPv6 addresses are properly passed to Flagfox’ geotool
    • The global copy window’s radio buttons now update depending on the checkmarks.
    • Updated the “Made in” place in the about window

Thank you but my AV detects a infection...
    PDM:Trojan.Win32.Truebadur.a

Is this a false positive...?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder1810 View Post
    Thank you but my AV detects a infection...
    PDM:Trojan.Win32.Truebadur.a

Is this a false positive...?
    i use also Avast internet security and i have no problems

Quote Originally Posted by acosta View Post
    i use also Avast internet security and i have no problems
    false positive

As promised, I'm releasing 3.6-final today, now that we have a more-or-less stable server and an IPv6-enabled client. Retrospectively, it made sense to wait because I could finally test some IPv6 stuff and there were two bugs (using an IPv6 DNS for query whose IP was valid for file transfer kept file transfer from working in the 3.6 previews).

Important note: If you want to use IPv6, put your hostname in square brackets. (Doesn't apply when using the SSH tunnel.)

Download or read the changelog since the last stable version. VirusTotal. Only detection is heuristical, so you can't take that serious.

Changelog:

• Added support for the official TeamSpeak permission overview exports to permission file editor
      • Note: These files must have been created in “Show names” mode.
      • Note: Non-ANSI characters are not supported by TeamSpeak when creating these files and will therefore show up as question marks in YaTQA. This is not a YaTQA issue.
      • Note: After opening such a file, you will be shown a list so you can choose what part of the file you would like to import, e.g. “Server Groups › Server Admin”.
      • Note: Exporting to this file format is not supported. Clicking “Save” will result in “Save As...”, even if the filename is displayed in the title bar.

• After implementing IPv6 support three years before TeamSpeak supported it, I found it made sense to add the Flag of Scotland to the resources (named AB for Alba, since all other combinations one could make with “Scotland” are taken).
    • Added support for 3.0.19.2/1466597785 and 3.0.19.3/1466672534
    • Added workaround for a bug that sometimes did not display the correct info pane in Users tab if user repeatedly selected and deselected a tree node (because the selection event did not fire when the selected node had the focus (dotted rectangle))
    • Added chatting with complaint targets and invokers
    • Made mass-permission editing more straight-forward
      • Hid “subgroups/clusters” checkbox when not applicable
      • Disabled “Skip” and “Negated” checkboxes when editing grant permissions

• Implemented support for mass-editing grant permissions (this feature existed before, but never worked for boolean permissions and was seriously bugged for integer permissions)
    • Prevented users from adding empty custom permissions in permission file editor (YaTQA previously created an empty item and asked the user to edit this, but no event was fired if the text was left empty, so this invalid result could not be handled. Another bug kept users from editing those items.)
    • Added support for 3.0.19.4/1468491418
    • Fixed a bug that did not enable buttons for adding people to server group and viewing client channel permissions when selecting an online client
    • Hints for the image-only buttons in permissions and channel group subtabs now also appear next to the mouse pointer
    • Update checker now checks the input for a certain header to make sure it is not an invalid response (e.g. from the site being blocked or not being properly logged into a public WiFi network)
    • The OK button is now disabled when creating a channel until you enter a name.
    • Fixed two bugs that prevented file transfers from working if using IPv6 and connected to a query DNS whose IP is also valid for file transfer
    • Added support for 3.1 [beta]/1471417187
    • Increased time limit to include up to February 2016
    • Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 1461597405 to 3.0.13.2/1471255451

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Increased time limit to include up to February 2016
    OMG! back to future!

I released v3.6.1 with some fixes for IPv6 and some adjustments to the DNS resolver.
    Mo matter what some antivirus is claiming when downloading the program from yat.qa, the file itself was found to be clean by all 56 scanner on VirusTotal. That's impressive.

Changelog:

• Added a combo box to select the version for the DNS lookup simulator (either 3.0.8 or 3.1)
      • Note: This feature will be removed in the final winter release.

• Fixed a bug that caused a strange message when the blacklist checker received an empty or no answer from the server
    • Fixed a bug that prevented users from checking the blacklist for IPs (as opposed to DNSs)
    • The donation-related “Did you know?” tip is no longer more likely the others
    • Added “Did you know?” tip on IPv6
    • Fixed a bug that sometimes (only with Aero?) prevented the length of the server address in the second arrow (above the tab bar) from properly being limited to a certain width, which also was increased by a few pixels (if this causes issues when using Wine, let me know)
    • SRVs resolving to IPs are now displayed as error rather than warning in v3.1 mode
    • Added connection_connected_time to “What’s this value?”
    • Fixed the download URL always pointing to the German site
    • Completely changed DNS resolver for standard lookups (BIND workaround is now always enabled because three lookups (AAAA/A/CNAME) at once appear to be threated as an A lookup by the default Google servers as well)
    • The SSH tunnel now uses the same IPv6 syntax for switching between IP versions and will force Plink to use that protocol
    • Possibly fixed a rare bug that sometimes caused problems when connecting to some servers via SSH
    • Fixed IDN support for TSDNS (supported only ASCII, but should support UTF-8/CESU-8 with BMP-only)
    • Added support for the new 3.1 tail of a TSDNS request (bytes 10, 13, 13, 13, 10 or 0x0A0D0D0D0A)
    • Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 3.0.13.2/1471255451 to 3.0.13.3/1471538803
    • Added support for 3.1 [beta]/1472203002

Question

Kaspersky Internet Security keeps blocking your website for being dangerous any ideas why?

The requested URL cannot be provided

URL:

http://redeemer.biz/dl/yatqa/

Blocked by Web Anti-Virus

Reason: dangerous URL

Click here if you believe that the web page has been blocked by mistake.

Detection method: cloud protection

Question

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Yes but when you click on the link it goes to the following URL http://redeemer.biz/dl/yatqa/

also the files aafter i tried downloading it it came back with a virus in it?!

I am running 3.5b with no problems...was anything new put in the new files?

Did you read that page?
    Many people contact me these days, informing me about false-positives, especially by Kaspersky. Every YaTQA setup file is checked by Virustotal. As every antivirus should support the Lempel-Ziv-Markov algorithm (LZMA) that was used to compress it, the uncompressed executables are not individually scanned. Usually 0 to 2 of around 56 scanners report something. In that case, it’s always something generic (you can tell by “Gen”, “Multi” or “Heur” in the name). Other than an actual suspicion, a generic suspicion is based on heuristic analysis. The antivirus software just assumes there is a threat – with no actual evidence. YaTQA is made with Delphi and packed with NSIS. Both are very popular. Programs made with them share some common code. In simple words, if someone makes a virus with Delphi or distributes it with NSIS, antivirus companies might make “packed with NSIS” or “made with Delphi” a rule for malware, therefore identifying YaTQA as a threat.
    Antivirus companies appear to prefer type I errors (false-positive) over type II errors (false-negative). In other words: It’s better to block all downloads than not to block a single malicious one – because noone can complain that he wasn’t warned about a malicious download if all downloads are blocked.
    Example: When YaTQA v3.6.1 was released 0/56 scanners complained about the setup file, but 6/68 scanners (+1 that wasn’t sure...) complained about the download link of exactly that file. You can’t call that trustworthy, can you? Numbers have changed since, but were valid after the release of v3.6.1. Right now, Kaspersky only complains about the installer file, but not the files (German, English) within. Actually, no antivirus complains about the English version of YaTQA, but one complains about the German one. However, the English version is just the German version with other resources (e.g. text, the text editor toolbar, etc.). No code is changed, and code is the only thing antivirus should care about.
    If you use antivirus software, do it, but don’t complain to me – complain to the people who make these programs. Just in case someone asks what antivirus I use: brain.exe

YaTQA 3.7-rc1 was released. It includes a few new features and a big number of bugfixes, e.g. the one that could make YaTQA appear to hang during very long operations. The most important new feature is the DNS resolver, which can now simulate all TS3 client versions released so far, which behaved in ten different ways during DNS lookups (more details in the changelog on my website).
    Get the new version from yat.qa – if you don't mind 2/55 heuristical finds. Meh!

• Fixed two buttons being default (blue border, so they are activated when pressing enter) in login tab when connected
    • Fixed server group member controls not being aligned right in permissions tab
    • If the window is wide enough, the server group window list now spans the full height. I tried to make this available to non-Pro users, but there is no event that notifies me if the list is small enough.
      • Please note that a workaround is used to add a user when pressing the Enter key, because in simple list mode, this event isn’t fired, at least on Windows 7. If this event is however fired on other versions (1282, database duplicate entry), please report this error!
      • Please als note that this list does not support multiselect. This is a limitation in Windows and cannot be changed.

• Fixed last “Did you know?” message (on IPv6) not showing for registered users
    • Added a feature to show only users with non-unique IPs in User DB
      • Note: You must have these users downloaded.
      • It can be combined with the ban mode.

• Added a word (“downloaded”) to the label that displays the number of downloaded User DB records to make sure people understand what it is and why it doesn't go away in neither the groups, ban nor unique IP mode
    • Added “All Channels” button to the selection window
    • Improved the DNS lookup simulation’s version selection a lot
      • Note: YaTQA can now simulate all the lookups of every TeamSpeak version from today’s 3.1-beta5 back to the earliest 3.0.0-betas.

• Added support for new 3.1-beta DNS resolving log format to server history (the feature did work, but did not display the original input)
    • Fixed a bug that stopped adding more servers from a log file to the history list if a was a duplicate of one that was already in the list
    • Improved displaying of IPv6 addresses in server history
      • Note: TeamSpeak 3.0.20 used a format here that is a bit ambigious. Because very few people used this version and it was quickly deprecated because of an important hotfix from the 3.0.19 series, I chose not to make special adjustments just for this version.

• Fixed IDN not displaying correctly in server history
    • Adjusted duplicate server history entry detection to work with 3.1-beta
      • Note: This is and has always been case-insenstive, even if all client versions until 3.0.16 are case-sensitive in terms of IDN (which was a bug) and 3.1b3 is case-sensitive in terms of TSDNS (which is likely a bug again).

• Fixed connecting to IDNs in server history
    • Add support for importing exported YaTQA group overviews to permission file editor
      • Note: It supports both, Channel and Server. They are individual features just to start you off with the appropriate directory.

• Added support for importing exported YaTQA group overviews and TeamSpeak permission overviews to permission comparison
    • Added support for importing channel files with included permissions to permission file editor and permission comparison
    • In the client cache explorer, fixed incorrect display of client log lines and server history entries in old versions of TeamSpeak
      • Note: As most of the stuff in the log is in English, IDNs are the likeliest case of that bug occuring.

• Fixed “Unused” icons feature causing an access violation when an icon was not found instead of displaying a list of missing icons when done with checking like it was intended
    • Added support for 3.1-beta3 to DNS resolver.
    • Fixed failed standard queries sometimes being displayed four times, with the fourth always being called an empty result for no reason...
    • Clicking the “Register” button with no key entered will now unregister YaTQA. This change is meant for people who temporarily use a demo key. A demo key allI>ows you to use the Pro features, but with less servers than the freeware version.
    • Fixed IDN support when using IPv6 with the lowest level domain being an IDN
    • Prevented serveradmin from uploading an avatar (regression fix)
    • serveradmin is no longer considered a Global ID by the offline message composer. Although basically a regression fix, this feature wasn’t even offered back when the server software allowed offline messages for serveradmin years ago.
    • Added support for IPv6 nameservers
    • Added support for non-default nameserver ports
    • Added support for copying and connecting to IPv6s from the resolver
    • Implemented the fact that TeamSpeak doesn’t support domains returned from TSDNS (v3.0.20+) and added a warning for older versions (clients that do not support this anymore report “TSDNS server at x doesn’t know y”, which is incorrect)
    • Added support for IPv6 returned by TSDNS
    • Added support for TSDNS v3.0.13+ results supporting redudancy
    • TSDNS NORESPONSE now results in a line saying empty result instead of an actually empty result and is now considered a failed lookup.
    • Fixed joining IPv6 servers with the official client when connected via DNS
    • Added displaying the elapsed time for failed standard DNS lookups (as total time and number of lookups)
    • You can now export the channel -mapping to shell and batch scripts that rename your files after restoring a snapshot (can be enabled using the checkbox above the links).
      • Note: These files appear in the “File Folder Rename Scripts” subfolder of YaTQA’s configuration directory. There is a button in this tab to open that folder.
      • Note: The filenames are: {address}_port-{new port}_sid-{new SID}_{virtual server name}, with the .bat and .sh extensions added respectively. The files use the OS-specific EOL characters. Further notes:
        • Address: IDN addresses are in Punycode, IPv6 addresses have their brackets stripped, numeric IPv6 addresses have their colons replaced by hyphens and their link-locals stripped.
        • Virtual server name: Characters not allowed in 8.3 (include .) are replaced by hyphens. Unlike 8.3, YaTQA allows lowercase letters and has no length restriction.

• Note: This free feature will make the paid backup feature obsolete for many users.

• Added duplicating bookmarks
    • Added support for DNS lookup patterns in 3.1-beta4 (and beta5, which is identical I think)
    • Added new versions for selection: 3.1-beta3/4/5 and mobile betas (many thanks to ts3index.com for their continued support!)
    • Updated hinting for outdated server versions from 3.0.13.3/1471538803 to 3.0.13.5/1475595457
    • Did some small adjustments to a very few texts
    • Fixed a bug that caused ampersands to fail to be displayed correctly in the status bar
    • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused YaTQA to look like it was hanging when it wasn’t
      • Note: This might make YaTQA look like you could continue using it, but although YaTQA is mostly thread-safe, the query interface is not, because the use command makes the connection context-dependent! To prevent users from trying this, I made the application react only once every 5 seconds when doing something else.

Question YATQA Related question: What does 'connection timed out' means execly?

Hello.

When I'm trying to login to yatqa with my server admin login and password, I just get 'Connection Timed Out' ... What should I do?

Port not opened? I don't know.

Thread Information