Forum

Thread: Channel ID

Channel ID

I searched, but I didn't see my answer, so I ask...

Is it possible to change the channel ID after it has been created. If I am not mistaken, it creates a new channel ID every time a new channel is created. I have our channels fairly set, but because some were created early or later and then moved around, the numbers are not sequential for the channel ID.

And...I'm I correct that every time a channel is created a folder is created on the server? If so, yikes...I am afraid to look because I have a channel where anyone can set up a temporary channel.....and there has been a lot of that going on

Hello.

You can't change the channel ID (and it's useless).

I guess you mean the channel sort order. Just drag&drop it to change the order.

Thank you for the quick reply florian! I know I can drag and drop, but I was hoping to change the channel IDs so that they are sequential, OCD I suppose

thank you again!

You can re-create the channels the way you want.
    You have to edit the database for this directly and then restart the server instance.
    But this is not recommended, since you have to edit many tables and can crash you server with this.

Thank you Alcazar. I thought about mucking around in the database....but I have only had to do that for permissions before....and it was scary....but I guess if I have a back up copy it wouldn't be that scary .....I think I know what I am doing tonight

You would have to edit "channels", "channel_properties", "group_channel_to_client", "perm_channel", "perm_channel_clients" tables, as well as channel_order and link to the directory in /files values in "channel_properties".
    As said, this is not recommended, and if you have many channels also not be done fast.

Edit by mod
    I highlighted the main information
    Last edited by florian_fr40; July 11th, 2011 at 03:32 PM.

Thread Information