Forum

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    It looks like you set it to only listen on that specific ip, change filetransfer_ip to 0.0.0.0 in the parameters if you specified anything else.

I had it set to 192.168.1.143, as that is what the voice_ip and query_ip are set to as well, and they worked. Setting it to 0.0.0.0 did work though.

Thanks.

Each client request the ip to which to connect to from the server when a filetransfer is first about to be initiated, then connects to the ip supplied by the server. In your case the server would supply 192.168.1.143 to all clients to why they would attempt to connect to. As you might have imagined this will obviously fail.

Transfer reports: (could not open file transfer connection)

i try to upload icons but when i try i get this error: Transfer reports: (could not open file transfer connection)

anyone know?

greetz Marco

Make sure that ports 9987, 30033, and 10011 are open and routed to the TS server in your router.. 30033 is probably the port giving you issues right now.

wnx but how do i do that im new here

Question Transfer "avatar" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)

Basically no on on the server can set an avatar.

First what I've tried:
    I've edited the virtual server and manually set all the users to be able to set an avatar (I'm super-admin / owner / host btw). That didn't help.
    I logged into my router and double checked port 30033 was open to udp and set it to both just in case. Didn't do jack.

Did some research and it seems I need to edit my ts3server.ini file which of course I can't find anywhere in my server directory. If someone could direct me to that files location I can probably fix this issue myself.

Apparently the default ip that the server uploads/downloads from is incorrect by default? Don't ask me to explain cause I'm not sure myself (lol). If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can help me with this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I host a TS server from Teamspeak3.com. I got a new computer today and went from wifi connection to ethernet cable. At first the icons were not all showing up on my TS. When I logged off and came back on they started to show up slowly. Later when I made a new server group and wanted to upload a new icon (NEVER HAD UPLOADED BEFORE) I got this error message Transfer "icon_2709281256" reports: (could not open file transfer connection) I changed my IP and now I can upload icons but not all the time and only one every so often. I tried opening ports etc etc still get the error. I had another person try from their computer and they also got that error. I tried from my old computer and also got that error. I don't know what to do...my TS I pay good money for has no group icons and I cant fix it...I'm frustrated with this

File Transfer stopped working since last update

<14:24:06> Transfer "icon_4133496029" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)

This is all i get when trying to upload icons to my server
    These issues only started since the last teamspeak 3 update and i don't know how to resolve it.
    I have installed a complete new server to try overcome this problem but its still the same.
    I have not changes anything in my router and the ports are still
    udp 9987
    tcp 10011
    tcp 30033

Also the ports are forwarded to my named computer. please someone help me

file transfer issues

I to am having this same problem with file transfer,
    it only stopped working since the last ts3 update as i have been running my home server for over a year.

Please make sure your firewall is not blocking this connection. Sometimes when we release a new update we changed the way the server interacts with the client, causing the client to send more but smaller packets or bigger but smaller packets. This can cause the firewall to block them.

Yes it was my anti virus which had decided the open port was a threat problem resolved Thank you

I had to go into McAfee and allow it through the firewall

Uploading Icons error, [Could not open file transfer connection]

I am running my own ts3 server on my computer for me and my friends but i cannot upload files, icons or avatars
    [could not open file transfer connection]

Please do not say open TCP port 30033 because i have done this, and take my word for it. it is open...

ive tested that it is open on a few sites and they have confirmed this.

is there any other reasons other than the 30033 port? i have full permissions
    Last edited by dante696; November 12th, 2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by mkempster22 View Post
    I am running my own ts3 server on my computer for me and my friends but i cannot upload files, icons or avatars
    [could not open file transfer connection]

Please do not say open TCP port 30033 because i have done this, and take my word for it. it is open...
    Words are cheap.
    How do you connect to your server?

Not sure what you mean by words are cheap...
    i just type in my external IP (used privelage key first time) like everyone else does

Thread Information