Forum

Error Message When Connecting to Server

A friend of mine set up TS3 for our game server and he gave me permanent administrative privileges. The problem I'm having is that, when I close TS3 and try to reconnect the next day or at a later point in that day, I get an error message saying "<08:33:43> Failed to connect to server". I don't get why I keep getting this problem. We set it up so there are no passwords to be entered initially (there are private channels that are password protected but not to our main TS3 server. I am running on Windows 7 64-bit & I made sure to download the correct TS3 client software from Teamspeak's official website. I actually downloaded from both mirrors. I installed, uninstalled, & reinstalled several times over. I just followed the basic installation process & I had no problems along the way. I checked my Windows Firewall settings & made sure that's not the issue. I am not trying to do anything fancy...I'm just trying to connect to a TS server using the IP address (which I made sure to check & double-check to make sure it's correct). If anyone can, please help. If you need any additional information please let me know.

Thanks.
    Andy
    Last edited by mrandy; July 10th, 2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: I just want to provide more details so people can help me better.

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by mrandy
    I'm just trying to connect to a TS server using the IP address
    Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just you ?
    Where is the server ?

Thread Information