Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Channel Create "needed channel delete power" is not 0

Hello,

I have encountered what seems to be a bug in "needed channel delete power":
    When creating a channel, the default value of "needed channel delete power" is 0, as it is appeared in the channel creation window, permissions tab. However, after creating the channel, it is created with a non-0 value.

This is a new problem, I think from the latest TS3 update.
    Is it indeed a bug or did I miss something here?

Any help is appreciated!

This does not look as a bug.

You need to know the permission value of 0 or not set means the same.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This does not look as a bug.

You need to know the permission value of 0 or not set means the same.
    I think you misunderstood me: I was expecting to see 0 (or better: not set), but instead I got 75 or 50, according to the user that created the channel. Normal user got 50; I, as server admin, got 75.
    By the way: other setting on the same window, which I left as 0, were indeed "not set" - as expected.

So if "not set" or 0 is the expected behavior of this setting, then this does look like a bug.

I'am sorry, you did not say, what value has seen set in the dialog.
    Yes this is a bug a ticket has been made already. I found it during permission tests.

Internal Ticket ID TS-604

Update this will be fixed with the new serve release (newer as Build: 14876])
    Last edited by dante696; July 27th, 2011 at 10:13 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Version:
    3.0.0 [Build: 14898] on Linux

Still not fixed, just saying if somebody is interested :P.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I don't see a problem here..I sort of like that it works this way. Since I have a channel delete power or 75, channels I create have a needed delete power of 75 so no other user with lesser powers can delete channels that I create. If you personally do not like this on your server, set all of your channel delete powers to 0 or something? Who knows. I like it :-)

Yep, I did it aswell as temporary fix for my teamspeak server. But it's not nice trust me :P.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    It's similar to the idea of, when creating a new server group, it is automatically assigned the needed member add power of the member add power of whoever created that group. That is, at least, how I see it :-)

This needs to be discussed later.

Internal Ticket ID: TSEVAL-50

Hi,

I see that this issue is not resolved yet...

-{HGH}-GEN.Skylab,
    There is a problem here since as I wrote, when you create a channel you can set there the needed channel delete power. This number is 0 by default. So when a user creates a channel he expects the needed chaneel delete power to be indeed 0 (or not set, which is the same). However, the real needed delete power is something else.
    So, regardless on high level ideas and concept - this is a bug since the numbers just don't match.

I too like that a new channel is created with a needed_delete_power and needed_permission_modify_power of the person who creates the Channel.
    In my opinion the Bug is that in the Permissions Tab those Values are not displayed by default. So when a Serveradmin creates a channel it says 0 in the Permissions Tab instead of 75 for the Delete Power, if the Value then gets changed from 75 to something else this should of course be reflected in the actual Channel that gets created which already is the case. In fact if you enter any Value but 0 that value is taken. Its just that if its 0 it takes the one from the Server group which is indeed not that nice if you think about it. If it displayed the Value from the Servergroup in the Permissions Tab and then when creating the Channel use whatever Value is in the Permissions Tab it'd be all fine.

edit: @dante yeah I know, just wanted to throw in my pov / 2 cents
    Last edited by SilentStorm; August 30th, 2011 at 04:03 AM.

There is already an ticket for this and currently we don't see this as a bug.

Update for this behavior > This is no bug
    We have discussed about the situation and possible changes, but this won't be changed.

It is currently not possible to check, if that permission was changed from default 0 to custom 0 on a channel create.

Thread Information