Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drag/Drop on Channel Names for File Browser Upload

Cool release Teamspeak people!

I don't really understand why this 3.0.0 is now higher than release candidate when we still cannot drag and drop files from our computer onto a channel name (to upload into file browser), when we used to be able to do this feature previously. It is an extremely handy feature. Did you decide to remove this feature completely a while ago?
    Anyhow, it would be nice if this could be brought back, because you can only upload now by opening the file browser with right-click/choose option or middle-click and still have to press the upload arrow button.

(in the Aug 2, 2010 changelog of 3.0.0 beta23, it says "- We now use a slightly different approach to handle file browser drag and drop. If some users still can't drag and drop into file browser, a warning text will be added to clientlog." Not sure if this is what happened, but I don't even get an error. It just has a kind of denied symbol if I try to drag over it.)

thanks
    Last edited by Father Goose; July 27th, 2011 at 01:45 AM.

any teamspeak employee have an answer about this please?

My answer is simple. It works fine here on my Windows client.
    I can drag and drop files or folders onto the channel name and the filetransfer starts or the queue dialog asks me to start.

It does not work, when my i_ft_file_upload_power is not high enough, to uplaod a file.

1. Please check the server chat for any error like
    <10:09:49> Transfer "testfile" reports: (insufficient client permissions)
    2. Check your client log under Tools > Client Log
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

thanks for the answer Dante.

If I look at i_ft_file_upload_power, the "value" is set to 75 by default for server admins. The "grant" permission also is on 75. If i raise the value to 9000 for example, it still won't let me do drag and drop successfully on a channel name to upload. If I try to also raise the grant permission to 9000, it says "insufficient permission modify power". I'm not sure how to fix that problem, and if fixing that would allow upgrading the grant permission. Not really sure of the difference between "value" and "grant" as well lol.

Under "Group" > "modify", I tried to change "permission modify power" to higher than 75, and it won't let me again because of "insufficient modify power".
    I must be missing something easy here. (and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask further about this)

Quote Originally Posted by Father Goose View Post
    thanks for the answer Dante.

If I look at i_ft_file_upload_power, the "value" is set to 75 by default for server admins. The "grant" permission also is on 75. If i raise the value to 9000 for example, it still won't let me do drag and drop successfully on a channel name to upload. If I try to also raise the grant permission to 9000, it says "insufficient permission modify power". I'm not sure how to fix that problem, and if fixing that would allow upgrading the grant permission. Not really sure of the difference between "value" and "grant" as well lol.

Under "Group" > "modify", I tried to change "permission modify power" to higher than 75, and it won't let me again because of "insufficient modify power".
    I must be missing something easy here. (and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask further about this)
    still does not work in 2014 windows client!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXF3OmOqKk0

It works just fine, however it may not work the first time you launch TS3 after it has been installed.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by oglop View Post
    still does not work in 2014 windows client!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXF3OmOqKk0
    It is working... but the current implementation is not perfect. The problem shown in your video is caused by Windows' User Account Control (UAC) because the TS3 client is probably running on a different privilege level than your Explorer process.

Anyway... I think there's room for improvement. What I'd really like to see in future TS3 versions is the ability to drag files out of the filebrowser window to download them. This would require a shell extension to be registered... but it's not an impossible task.

Is there a general open source shell extension for that? It's really sad if you have tons of shell extensions, each only for dropping files (e.g. 7-Zip, Filezilla, ...).

General? No. And there can't really be.
    You can, however, go without one.

On my Windows 7 - 64 bit system I can't upload files using drag and drop on the TS3 channel file browser window (using the latest version of the TS3 client, 64 bit). I have to use the upload button. Is there a known solution?

Post #7 explains it.

UAC can block this feature. We do not suggest to turn UAC off or to run the client in admin mode wiuch is nearly the same.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    UAC can block this feature. We do not suggest to turn UAC off or to run the client in admin mode wiuch is nearly the same.
    In all other programs Drag & Drop is working fine, like Chrome, Filezilla, LibreOffice and many other applications. Why is it not possible with Teamspeak 3? Two days ago I had to upload many files (from a directory which is not protected by UAC) to a TS3 channel and it was a big task every time.

I like to change a sentence from ScP:
    I think there's very much room for improvement.

Please put it on ToDo, it is very annoying. If you need someone who can do some testing, feel free to ask me.

My UAC settings are Windows 7 default. Teamspeak 3.0.16 just show the "Not allowed" mouse cursor while I try to drop a file from a directory, which is not protected by UAC.

I'm reviving this thread as of this has been an issue for a VERY long time.

Problem
    Start ts3, open file browser try drag and drop NOT working.
    Start ts3 as admin, open file browser try drag and drop NOT working.

If you however right click ts3.exe file and just hit open, drag and drop is all of sudden working.

So either this is a windows issue or ts3 issue.

It's not working if you run the client for the first time. On subsequent runs it works just fine.
    Not sure anymore if it was the first run after install / update or the first run after a reboot.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's not working if you run the client for the first time. On subsequent runs it works just fine.
    Not sure anymore if it was the first run after install / update or the first run after a reboot.
    Its not working I have tested like 10 PCS now that is setup for gaming, a fix would be nice teamspeak devs!

Thread Information