Forum

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

[Official] ClientQuery Plugin

What is it?
    The ClientQuery Plugin is included and enabled by default in every TS3 Client installation. Through a simple tcp/ip socket the client can be queried and controlled. By default only localhost applications can reach this socket (for security reasons).

How can it be used?
    ClientQuery has two main uses:
    (1) Integrating "TS3 Client Support" into existing applications (e.g. Games). Say you want to display who is currently talking on TeamSpeak within your game. You can map players to TS3 clients and then display which player is talking on TS next to the player names. Or you wish to add something like a "invite user to my teamspeak" function where a player can invite some other player to join his TeamSpeak etc.
    (2) TS3 centred software that can not or does not want to use the Client Plugin SDK can use Client Query instead to retrieve information or initiate actions.

Examples/Docs
    Documentation and Examples are shipped with the TS3 Client, from your TS3 Client installation Folder go to "plugins/clientquery_plugin" for per command documentation and "plugins/clientquery_plugin/examples" for example code and a README.

Note you can also get documentation interactively, just connect your telnet client to localhost port 25639, and use "help" and "help <command>".

Please post any questions or feedback or feature suggestions below , but please make sure you are refering to at least TS3 Client 3.0.0 (currently in beta channel), as functionality was much improved.

great! very useful!

Edit:
    I took a closer look on it and i have a suggestion:
    if you register an event that doesn't exist e.g:

Code:
    clientnotifyregister schandlerid=0 event=test1234
    error id=0 msg=ok
    it says alright, but I think it would be good if the response would be that the event does not exist.

Regards,
    Max
    Last edited by Maxe___; August 2nd, 2011 at 07:58 PM.

Ist it by design that the channellist command does not provide "channel_needed_subscribe_power" when used with ClientQuery?
    The result of channellist using ServerQuery and ClientQuery is different.

I'm sorry about my answer before

The difference is, that your client does not have the channel permissions in your cache file.
    Your real client connects to the server and loads all channels; users and groups with their permissions.
    but it dos not load the channe lpermissiosn as long you don't need them, liek you want to see the description of a channel.
    The whole process to save a lot of cpu load and network traffic.

The client query does use the informations he already has and does not ask the server for it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

The reason I'm asking this is that I wrote a C# lib for server query and I would like to reuse as much code as possible when adding support for clientquery. Each command in my lib returns typesafe classes with members filled from the response. If the response is missing values an exception is thrown. So the difference between client and serverquery forces me to reimplement a lot of code for client query support.

The command "channelconnectinfo" does not work as expected. It always returns the info of the channel I'm currently in, even when I provide an id of a different channel using the channelid parameter.

Btw. is it by design, that I only get the password of the channel when I'm not connected as an admin?

Found another problem:

clientupdate client_input_deactivated=1 or clientupdate client_input_deactivated=0

results in a "hanging" connection. Just type it using a telnet client and you'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scordo View Post
    The command "channelconnectinfo" does not work as expected. It always returns the info of the channel I'm currently in, even when I provide an id of a different channel using the channelid parameter.
    This is a flaw in the documentation. The parameter to specify the channel is "cid" not "channelid". The documentation has been updated.

Btw. is it by design, that I only get the password of the channel when I'm not connected as an admin?
    You should get the password if your local client knows it. When you have the permissions to ignore channel passwords you often have never entered the password, so the client will not have the password cached. It might even be a wrong password is cached if the password was changed since the client cached it and you received privileges to ignore the password. Use verifychannelpassword to make sure the password is indeed correct.

clientupdate client_input_deactivated=1 or clientupdate client_input_deactivated=0

results in a "hanging" connection. Just type it using a telnet client and you'll see it.
    The problem here is that no "error id=0 msg=ok" is returned...the connection itself is fine and everything still works, just this response is missing. I have fixed this and it will be part of the next client release.

For some reason, I can't connect to the client query via telnet. I just get an empty blank screen. I've tried reinstalling teamspeak multiple times, as well as reloading the plugin multiple times.

Here's my settings screen: http://i.imgur.com/RVqebhc.png

When I type in telnet 127.0.0.1 25639, this is the screen that pops up, and nothing else does. From your post, it seems like something else should be showing up besides a blank command line screen.
    http://i.imgur.com/OzwCXOa.png

I tried to type in "help", but nothing happened showed after that. Is there any log file or files that I can upload to get more information?

How do I fix this?

[Feature request]

Can you please add some commands to access the client's bookmarks?
    At least to list them and to connect to one of them.

Thanks!

Port

Is there a way to change the client query port?

Changeable ClientQuery port

/signed

Please add the possibility to change the default port. (Preferably as client start parameter or another way of a non-gui changeability)
    Reason: Running multiple clients with ClientQuery Plugin without gui access.

Running multiple clients is not supported from us.
    The parameter for this is just for us testers and we do not give support for anything that happens during the use of multiple clients.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Oh sorry, I didn't know that.
    Can you tell me the reason of this decision?:
    On linux you can have multiple user sessions running at the same time by default and every user could and should install TeamSpeak separately. There is no need of the windows parameter. These sessions are in different X environments. The only problem is binding the same port multiple times.

But independent of your multiple clients policy:
    The main question of a changeable port binding has nothing to do with multiple clients.
    Say, another program already used this port, your plugin would be unusable because of failed port binding.

But this isn't the case. No other program uses this port by default.
    Using multiple client for botting or whatever is nothing we support so far.
    If you do fine, but whatever happens happens and you need to live with such restrictions.

The plugin uses the port as hardcoded feature and the plugin author also did not think (or wanted) to have this plugin running more than once.

To answer the question 2 posts above:
    Changing the port is not part of the client and also the parameter would be usless since the plugin decides the port and not the client.

The plugin will not be updated in next future so i do not expect any changes in that plugin.
    If there is an update, it could be discussed to set the port via inifile or something like that.
    Last edited by dante696; May 9th, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Thread Information