Edit September 2017
    This App and development was canceled completely

Update Jan 2018
    The source code for this project is now available on

https://github.com/TeamSpeak-Systems/ts3_remote

TS3 Remote for Android

An application similar to the overlay plugin, which connects to a running
    TeamSpeak 3 client on your PC and displays a list of all clients in your
    current channel, including who is currently talking, muted, away etc.

This application makes use of the clientquery plugin of the TeamSpeak client.
    It does not connect to a TeamSpeak server, instead it connects via WLAN to
    your PC, where the TeamSpeak client is running. This makes communication
    faster and saves bandwidth, as traffic is only within your personal network.

!!! Requires TeamSpeak client 3.0.0

Requires Android version 2.1 or later (so far tested on 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3)

Installation

Install from Android market:
    https://market.android.com/details?i...peak.ts3remote

How to use

1) Setting up your TeamSpeak client
    * In your TeamSpeak client, open the Plugins dialog.
    * Ensure the ClientQuery plugin is enabled.
    * Open the ClientQuery settings dialog (double-click on the clientquery line
    or click the Settings button below)
    * Enable "Open telnet port for everyone"
    * Close the ClientQuery options dialog and reload the ClientQuery plugin
    ("Reload" from the ClientQuery contextmenu or just click "Reload all")
    The Windows firewall might ask you if you want to allow connections.
    Allow them, else your Android phone cannot connect.

2) Setting up the TS3 Remote on Android
    * Start TS3 Remote and enter the IP to your PC where the TeamSpeak client
    is running.

You can see your IP using the "ipconfig" command in a DOS shell on Windows,
    or "ifconfig" in a Linux shell.

For example ipconfig on Windows might tell:
    Ethernet-Adapter LAN-Verbindung:

Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
    IPv4-Adresse . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.10
    Subnetzmaske . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Then you would enter "192.168.1.10" into TS3 Remote on Android.
    If the connection fails, either the IP was wrong or most likely the
    firewall is blocking the connection. Or WLAN is disabled on your
    phone, or the WLAN network cannot reach your PC.

Mini-FAQ

Q: Is this the TeamSpeak client promised for Android?
    A: Nope, this is an independant application and has nothing to do with the
    announced full TeamSpeak 3 client for Android.

Q: Why not just use the Overlay plugin to get the same information on your
    PC monitor?
    A: Good question. Matter of taste. I see this as an alternative. For my
    personal taste I prefer this information on a second monitor, my game
    screen is usually cluttered enough. Matter of taste, after all.

Q: It cannot connect to my PC TeamSpeak client!
    A: Check your WLAN. Check your firewall. Make sure you entered the correct IP.

Q: Would be cool to be able to switch channels, servers, see all the clients,
    subscribe channels and and and...
    A: Some features to remote control the TeamSpeak client would be really cool.
    We might add that in the future, depends on the available time for this
    project (this application is not really on our top-priority list).

Q: What about iPhone...?
    A: Not yet. Perhaps in the future. After I got my head into Objective-C and
    iPhone/iPad programming.

Q: What about <fill in any mobile operating system>... ?
    A: Most likely we will limit this to Android and iPhone for the moment.

Q: What a useless .... !
    A: That was no question. Some people might find this useful. Some won't.
    That's fine.

Found bugs? Have any suggestions? Please report them here!
    Last edited by dante696; January 11th, 2018 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Updated download version

Downloaded, will test. :thumbsup:

Quick test feedback (more testing later)

NEW additions

Like:
    • Shows not only who is talking but muted/away status
    • Dark theme (less battery usage with Super AMOLED+ screen)

Issues:
    • none right now

Resolved Issues:
    • If the user's nick name contains an equal sign, =, name is not displayed
    • Nick names of users are not updated if changed (may be a notify event registration missing, if user leaves and returns or I select another server tab and then reselect the first tab it refreshes the nick names)
    • Shows queryclients on the server even if my clients does not have permissions to see them.
    • Pipe, |, is displayed as "\p"; Backslash, \, is displayed as "\\"; fowardslash, /, is displayed as "\/"
      Just a few issues with converting the passed telnet formatted text back to original format
    • If the channel name contains and = not at the end: If you move to it the channel still shows the previous channel name; If while in mentioned named channel you select another tab and return to the tab with the =, the channel or No Teamspeak server message remains on the screen from the previous tab.
    • Had an issue where one user spoke for a moment, but the user's light in the viewer never dimmer (not found how to reproduce)
    • Now sometimes when a user starts talking the user's light is lit for only a moment then dims even though they are still talking.
    • If the channel is renamed, the updated name is not shown in the viewer (I know I saw this before, just forgot to put in issues list I guess).

Suggestions:
    • In moderated channels show the "muted" and Talk request icons on the right
    • Show received Whispers, either with different colored name or at least a red talk icon to the left where the blue talk icon normally is.
    • Custom nicknames didn't appear to be shown
    • Add friend/foe colors

Not sure if this is related but Skype kept crashing while the TS3 viewer was running, need to test again when I have better 3G connection.
    Last edited by Screech; August 11th, 2011 at 05:54 PM. Reason: more updates

OK, Its working better from home. Maybe my phone does not enabled WiFi Hotspot DNS so I could not connect with the PC name, but now that I'm on my home network using the PC name to connect is working. (Removed both entrys from dislike related to this).

Also no when I disconnected and then connected to a new server it now updated and didn't stay on the "No Teamspeak server" message, should that be "No TeamSpeak server"?

anyway, likes and dislikes are updated on my first post.

so is it possible to open up some router ports and make it work over 3G?
    or is that a huge security thing?

That would not be adviced. If someone connected to your client query port, they could connect you to any server, able to spam the server with text messages, if you have server admin add themselves to server admin and remove you.

I am not forwarding that port in my router and I even setup the firewall rule so that my phone can connect to only allow an IP range of manually assigned IPs based on MAC addresses that is outside my auto assigned DHCP addresses so that if someone were to hack into my WiFi they still can't easily access my client query port.

Thanks for the feedback. :-)

New version 0.2-beta attached. So far fixing the mentioned issues (except the character display problem with your nickname, I've no idea at the moment).

* Pipes and other chars now escaped (before only \s was escaped)
    * Nickname change handled and displayed
    * ServerQuery clients always hidden (IMO checking the view power is overkill for this app, I'm personally not interested in any ServerQuery clients for an overlay-type program)
    * Fixed wrecked parsing when channel and client names contain "="
    * Screen updates a bit faster now (for performance reason client updates are collected and drawn in one step to avoid too frequent screen updates in a busy channel). Before was every 500ms, now evey 200ms.
    * Fixed a possible deadlock when the whole app could freeze (still have to test this myself when I'm at home)

Auto-always-on for the display is a very good idea. Also displaying the server name. Will be addressed with a later release.
    Displaying the icons is somewhat problematic. The clientquery telnet interface doesn't know anything about icons or icon paths. While that could be added, the question remains how to transfer the icons from PC client to the phone. I'm not sure if the efforts are worth it, to be honest.

Installation as before: apk inside the zip file. Not on market or TeamSpeak add-ons page yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was not asking for any custom icons to the right as I expected there would be a telnet file transfer issue, just country flag option and if your in a moderated channel a display for users without or requesting talk power. I would think all of these icons could be included with the app since they are fixed icons.

Thanks for the updates, will retest and provide more feed back if needed.

Oh, and I did have a full freeze of the app when it was selected. I unlocked by phone and as the app got focus it and my PC both freeze. On the phone I was able to get back using the home button and the task manager, PC I had to reset, I was playing BF3alpha or BF:BC2 at the time.

Also updated my bulleted post above with a new suggestion.
    Last edited by Screech; August 2nd, 2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: update about one freeze I remember.

updated my post above again.

The talk indicator is working worse than before in my opinion, often no one is lit while people are talking.

Updated to version 0.3

* Talk status should behave properly now when joining channels/servers while other clients are already talking. Previously the viewer would only get the talk status right once another client stops and restarts talking.
    * Title now shows server name, or just the app name when disconnected
    * Display no longer goes to sleep when TS3 Viewer is active. So no more manually disabling standby anymore and then forgetting to re-enable it again. :-)
    * Attempt to autoreconnect when loosing connecting for 10 seconds (once per second)
    I added this out of own demand, as my WLAN at home is a bit unstable, so I was often disconnecting and had to manually reconnect, which got annoying. If the connect just drops and is up again quickly, you won't even see the reconnect.
    * Channel name update handled
    * Couple of minor fixes

For me the talk indicator behaves now with this version, had it running at home for a couple of hours the last evenings and looked good.

Assuming things are looking good now with this version, it might be time to upload the app to the add-ons page and market. All the mentioned features can be still added, of course, but I'd like to reach a somewhat stable point now to release this toy. Actually I wouldn't want to miss it anymore at home. :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Awesome, loving the no sleep.
    Did you adjust the sort order? It looks like it now considers the talk power much of the time.

So that this time only issue I have is the characters not all showing, but I suspect that it is much like Windows XP not handling all characters right to due the character set of the font or something. I may try using that fontimizer with other fonts to see if I can resolve that.

Only thing I can suggest as in my first post is the icons to the right for the fixed client icons.

Thanks for your work on this.
    Last edited by Screech; August 13th, 2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: typo fixed

Yes, sort order is now the same as in the PC client, taking talk_power and is_talker flag into account. Actually it's the same code. The only gotcha with this currently is, if a client is assigned a new server or channel group, the sorting won't be updated unless you switch the channel and switch back. No desaster, but got to implement this some time.

I will do the icons, but for now I concentrated on getting the core functionality working, so I can release the app on market and the add-ons page. New stuff can be added afterwards. Another thing needed for icons would be an options page, as I would like to be able to disable country icons (and perhaps add an option to change the font and icon size, on some displays the text is a bit small).

About the missing characters, still no idea, but admittedly I havn't looked into it yet.

I really like the App!

normaly I have TS on my 2nd monitor, but when I use my Laptop I'm stuck with a single Screen.
    So now I'm able to keep an eye on my TS all the time.
    Thank you!

Edit: also I've noticed no Problems so far with it on my Nexus One (running 2.3.5)

Did get another Skype crash while running TS3 viewer.

OK, now that Skype released an official app that supports my phone I've uninstalled the hacked Skype that allowed me to use video with the previous release. Will see if Skype crashing randomly while running TS3 Viewer continues.

Thread Information