Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down TS3 forces other applications to speakers

I have my headphones plugged in and everything will go through my headphones, but when i start up TS3, only TS3 goes through my headphones and it forces all other sounds to my speakers.
    In my "Sound" control panel it lists "Speakers and Headphones" (which is what other applications are forced to and play out the speaker) and "Communications Headphones" (which i don't have, just normal headphones but that's what TS3 plays through)
    I have unchecked the "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" box for both playback devices and all my drivers are up to date. I've tried starting TS3 and the other applications in different orders but that doesn't help either. I have two headphone jacks and the result is the same through both of those.
    The ONLY thing that seems to work is disabling the "Speakers and Headphones", but then if I want to change volume i need to right click on the volume taskbar and go through all of that, which is really annoying especially when i'm in the middle of a game.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 29th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Sound Problem I Can't Resolve (Not Lack of Sound, Different Sound Outputs At Once)

Hello, I use my headset for most of my laptop sound output, just so others that live with me don't have to hear it. I like to use teamspeak, its just I can't have any other sounds playing while I'm connected to a teamspeak server without them coming out of the actual laptop speakers. I am up late sometimes, and this disturbs others sleep, because any noises made outside the teamspeak server on my computer come out the speakers, and I like listening to my music and game sounds without those blaring out the speakers as well. This problem has been happening since I first downloaded teamspeak in December, so its nothing specific to the current client.. I'd like feedback soon, thanks.

Problems with sounds while using TeamSpeak

I use headphones while using TeamSpeak. When talking to my friends, their voices are played through my headphones. But any other sounds, music, game sounds etc, all play through the speakers of my laptop. These sounds play through my headphones normally, but when I am using TeamSpeak, they don't. I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. Any help would be great.

If this is any help: I am using Team Speak 3 on Windows.

What do mean? I was using TeamSpeak when I wanted to listen to some music. But when I played the music, the sound came through the speakers of my laptop instead of my headphones. As soon as I shut TS down, the music started playing through my headphones. I asked my friends who use TS about this, and they said that it has never happened to them.

Try changing playback mode. If I remember correctly this has been answered here before. Try searching for it.

I will look. I tried looking before but couldn't find it but I will have a harder look. Thanks.

Ok, found it and have sorted it. Thanks for the help.

Glad you found a solution.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 22nd, 2012 at 09:06 AM.

Beats Audio headphone switching fix

Quote Originally Posted by pillbox1234567 View Post
    Glad you found a solution.

*** Thread Merged ***
    After all of the above, I was still having my game switch to the speakers (from headphones) as soon as TS3 connected.

I have a HP DV7 with the "Beats Audio Control Panel"

Anyway, I managed to dig up this driver, which made everything act normal. I got it from the HP site, and you can see in the url it's from HPs ftp site:
    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57966.exe

Peace.

My buddy's TS is broadcasting all of his computer sounds through TS... I tried the above fixes and nothing. He has a headset...

im useing a splitter on my astros so i can use my mic and have the sound in them
    . all the sound plays through my headset until TS3 is opened after that all downloaded game sounds doesnt work in the headset it comes through my speakers.
    client it worked on : not sure havnt used previous versions
    current version: 3.0.16
    Windows 7

Thread Information