Forum

serveradmin password and server update

Heys

I updated the server to the latest version a couple of hours ago, and since then the serveradmin login is not working.

I know that the password i have is correct, because before i updated the server i've sent a gm logged in as serveradmin. A few minutes ago i tried to login with serveradmin and it doesn't work. Login with others is ok, even with passwords that were generated before the update, so idk.

I've searched the logs, but didn't find anything at all. I'll have to change the password in the db so i can have access again, but i'll wait for a response.

EDIT:
    I mean, i have this line in the log:
    "2011-08-10 18:04:27.757408|WARNING |PermGroupMgr | 1| cldbid: 2, assigned to unknown gid: 2, ignoring!"
    But i had that for a long time like most ppl :S

Regards

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Jonybat
    "2011-08-10 18:04:27.757408|WARNING |PermGroupMgr | 1| cldbid: 2, assigned to unknown gid: 2, ignoring!"
    This means the user with cldbid 2 is on no existent group that has the group id 2
    But this group is the Query Admin group.

Did you do some changes directly on the database ?
    Could you send me it in private message.

The only changes i made directly to the db were regarding the field type of some descriptions to varchar 4096, but only to the channel descriptions and so. Its like i said, it was working before the update, and those changes were made like 2/3 updates ago. It only affected the serveradmin password also, the other 2 clients with Server Query passwords work as they did before the update.

Could it have anything to do with special chars in the password? The serveradmin password had the "/", which had to be escaped like this "\/". The other 2 passwords don't have special chars. Its the only thing i can think about.

And btw, isn't the serveradmin client in the Server Query Admin group (gid 2)? The only thing wrong about this is that the cldbid 2 is not the serveradmin client, which is #1.
    EDIT: I recall that i had once the cldbid 2 in the Server Query Admin group, but i removed it when the b_pmp_ignore was introduced. That error is a bit weird, but i've never messed up with clients directly in the db, that i can tell for sure.

I've already updated the password directly in the db to a new one cuz i need access, but i have backups of the previous version (rc1) and i can try to replicate if you want.

Hum, if I remember good the "/" problem in the query password was fixed.

But to make sure could (for test) change the serveradmin password (with the start parameter e.g. serveradmin_password=florian)
    Also, check if the serveradmin user (cldbid=1) is still in the Query admin group
    (In the table group_server_to_client you should find this line : "2 0 1 0" - and only this line for groupdi=2 and id1=1)

Yes, there is only one line with gid=2 and id=1, and there's other with "2 1 2 0", but is the id=2 for the sid=1.

About the main problem, i didn't get what you mean.

Thread Information