Forum

How to import your existing TeamSpeak 3 identities on an iOS device

Update Jan 2017
    The latest client version offer to synchronize your identities and bookmarks with our new Synchronization feature in myTeamSpeak.

You don't have to export or inport anything anymore.

…………………………………Original text below……………………………………

It is possible to import your existing PC client identities on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod). It works through the iTunes file sharing feature. Steps are as follows:

1. Export your identities to an ini file (Settings -> Identities -> Export)
    2. Connect your iOS device to computer and launch iTunes
    3. Select your device on the left and choose the Apps tab
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the Apps tab to see a list of applications on your device that support iTunes file sharing
    5. Select the TeamSpeak app
    6. Either click the Add button or drag & drop the ini file on the file area (the file will immediately be transferred over to your device)

The next time you launch TeamSpeak from scratch it will automatically import the identities and remove the ini file.

*** IMPORTANT ***
    Note that if you just press the Home button, the app is not really exited, so you'll have to do the force quit or be doing it after a restart.
    Last edited by dante696; January 29th, 2017 at 09:51 PM. Reason: updated for myTeamSpeak

This information should be somehow integrated into the Identity View on the iPhone.
    I searched for it also, was first frustrated and it took me a while to get hier.
    Nice feature, but place the information somewhere where also impatient users (like me) can find it.

ts identity

Ok
    I tried to follow along .But what I don't understand is if you exporting the file from ts to itunes . Where are you putting it ?
    But if your are importing it with itunes , What is the name and location of the file in Teamspeak ? Please put both path names.
    Thanks

any chance anyone knows how to export my ts id from my iphone to my mac?
    doesnt seem like there are any shareable files in my iphone to transfer to my computer.

only logs there. tried to download one. pressed import on my mac ts but its not a valid file for my id

HOW to import

Quote Originally Posted by A-P-P-Baby View Post
    any chance anyone knows how to export my ts id from my iphone to my mac?
    doesnt seem like there are any shareable files in my iphone to transfer to my computer.

only logs there. tried to download one. pressed import on my mac ts but its not a valid file for my id
    HEY man Do you read??

in case u dont, open itunes with your iphone conected, go to apps, and scroll down,
    down there should appear apps that can share info with PC/mac in ur case, just chose the files and export them to ur hard drive or whatever, and if that doesnt work, just download an alternative software to open ur iphone, those allow you to access most of the folders that are created on the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by ajmerino View Post
    HEY man Do you read??
    Calm down and check this yourself! If you navigate to Teamspeak in iTunes, there are no identity files to export, just logfiles. So obviously there is no way to export identities from your iOS device.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickis View Post
    Calm down and check this yourself! If you navigate to Teamspeak in iTunes, there are no identity files to export, just logfiles. So obviously there is no way to export identities from your iOS device.
    The documents folder on the iPhone where the log files are stored is where you place the .ini file from TS3. Once you do this (make sure TS3 isnt running in background on the phone) restart TS3 on the iPhone and it will automatically import the identities from the ini file.

hey, sorry, but there is a software that allows users to see documents folders, that cannot be seen with itunes, look for it and you will see what im talking about

Hello, I just paid for the app on Itunes and trying to follow the steps that you have it on here and doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve7151 View Post
    Hello, I just paid for the app on Itunes and trying to follow the steps that you have it on here and doesn't work.
    Well, it usually happens that import the identity is only the first step. The second and important is to assign the imported identity in the bookmark entry you use to connect. At least this is the procedure in Android.

Has anyone been able to successfully export their identity off of an iPad?

I'm really confused on how to do this, I've tried downloading iExplorer and iBrowse to see if they'd display something other than the log files (the ones you can drag out) you see in iTunes when your device is connected to it. I'm desperately trying to export the teamspeak identity from my iPad as that's the only other place I had it when my old computer's hard drive failed. Any ideas?
    Last edited by dante696; June 25th, 2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: merged

When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Amiel View Post
    I'm really confused on how to do this, I've tried downloading iExplorer and iBrowse to see if they'd display something other than the log files (the ones you can drag out) you see in iTunes when your device is connected to it. I'm desperately trying to export the teamspeak identity from my iPad as that's the only other place I had it when my old computer's hard drive failed. Any ideas?
    Unfortunately, that seems to be impossible. The only way this works is from your PC to the your mobile device. However, the recently announced TS Sync feature might be what you need:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=sync

Sicherheitsstufe auf dem iPhone erhöhen

Hallo User!

Ich habe eine Frage.

Wie kann ich eine Sicherheitsstufe/Idendität von dem Pc auf das Handy bekommen?
    Also Exportieren/Importieren.
    Auf YouTube finde ich nichts dazu und darum frage ich hier!

Danke im Vorraus.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Ben aka. AbgeFNA

Thread Information