Forum

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thing with lots of the Origin Games seems to be that you cannot launch them directly, only through Origin.

Push to Talk does not work in Admin programs in Win 7

Hi guys,

I noticed not long ago that my TS3's push to talk does not work in some games/programs, and especially installers. I turned on mic activation clicks so I could test this.

I have found that in programs with the little shield ("Run as Admin", or programs that otherwise alter the files like downloaders, installers etc), my push to talk will simply not activate.

I have tried running in every variation of compatibility mode, and running TS3 as an admin just makes it so that I can't talk at all!

I have searched for this problem but every suggestion is to run TS3 as admin, which just makes the problem worse and seems to be exactly the opposite of what everyone else is having.

Turning TS3 to voice activation helps in some games/programs, but not others.

I am running Windows 7 with a Sound Plaster X-fi sound card with analogue head phones. Example programs that have this problem: FRAPS, Battleforge, almost every InstallShield wizard, PlanetSide, Railworks 3. I have disabled "Run as Admin" in these programs but nevertheless the little shield on the shortcut - and the problem - persists. They still ask me for permission to modify files.

Thanks for any help.

----------------merged--------------

I have had a brainwave after a few hours of troubleshooting and I think I have the problem pinned down.

Basically, I have a mouse with buttons on it. Those buttons link to keyboard keys that I do not normally use like ', :, [ and ]. I use Logitech software to program the keys, and I use one of these keys for my PTT so I can easily use comms in shooters etc without taking my hands off the controls.

Anyway, apparently when I turned admin mode on for TS3, I guess the Logitech software had some sort of conflict and wouldn't allow the mouse to push the PTT key in the program. I assume this is also the thing that was preventing me from using PTT in admin-run programs like PlanetSide. By setting the Logitech software to admin mode it seems to have solved the issue.

This thread got merged and moved. There is nothing else we can do
    Last edited by dante696; June 29th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

teamspeak 3 ptt problem

hello forgive me but do not speak English and I'm using the google translator, use Teamspeak 3 to speak while I play but I have a problem, always use this program well and never had this problem, my problem is that I set it up to use the push-to-talk test and check it works accept and apply the options, but when talking does not work, I see the options and are applied, the other users on my server without any problems using the push-to-talk

Thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; July 25th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

I do not reply in your double post.

So if this not the problem, then you maybe try another hotkey mode
    under Settings > Options > Hotkeys
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Cant use teamspeak in game

It seems I can use teamspeak while in the teamspeak site. When I run my game I cant use the teamspeak UNLESS I have the window up in game. When I minimize the window in game, the teamspeak no longer works in game. I am using windows 7 on my comp. Any ideas? thanks.

Thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; September 7th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Try running teamspeak as administrator.

Problem with push-to-talk on windows 7 64bits

Hello,
    I use Teamspeak 3.0.8.1, and my buttons don't work when I'm playing (on Aion or League of legends for example).
    I have a 64bits version of Windows 7, I downloaded 64bit version of TS3 and I don't understand. I had this problem with my old computer, but only for League of Legends, it worked very well on Aion. I have to use the push-to-talk but with this problem, I can't activate it. My drivers and my directx are all right i think, i can find it if needed.
    Thanks and sorry for any english error, I don't speak this language very well.

This happens, when a game or an game launcher does start as an admin.
    Leauge of Legends does have 2 ways to start the game and one way is without admin.

Code:
    lol.launcher.admin.exe
    lol.launcher.exe
    Thread was merged.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question push to talk doesn't work

hey guys,

my PTT (push to talk) is not working when i start up for example world of tanks. when i open my teamspeak it works, but when i open world of tanks it doesn't. voice activation detection does works. can someone please help me?

P.S: i tried so set my hotkeys on default, mouse & keyboard only and direct input. but nothing of these options worked

This thread was moved
    Last edited by dante696; October 15th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Hello,
    Have you try to verify if world of thank disable your teamspeak microphone ?

Make sure the game is not running in admin mode, otherwise windows won't relay the keys to TeamSpeak.
    If the game is using a launcher try starting the main executable directly instead of through the launcher. Many launchers try to run a game with admin permissions.
    Last edited by Chris; October 15th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

TeamSpeak does not work in game

updated TS3 today and I have a problem, I can not speak in the game WOT World of Tanks,
    get out of the game, I can say, as in the game I did not hear anything! client game.

Russian part removed, forum is English only!
    Last edited by Chris; October 23rd, 2012 at 04:08 PM.

If you are using Push to Talk you should make sure that the game is not running in Admin Mode, otherwise TeamSpeak cannot detect if any keys are being pressed as windows doesn't make the information available.

Voice Activation should always work.
    If the game is not running in admin mode and you are sure about that try another hotkey detection method in settings -> options -> hotkeys. The drop down above the apply button.

got the same preblem with to pcs

have had the same probs with the update from 3.0.8.1 --> 3.0.9 on too pcs...
    Solution, downgrade to 3.0.8.1 and wait till they fix it...

system windows 7 64bit

Same issue here with Wot

Same issue. I'll Dgrade...

Thread Information