Forum

Question [PluginSDK] Preprocessor PTT Delay

Before I start completely reimplementing this feature for my plugin, is there a way to let TeamSpeak 3 handle the Push-To-Talk delay? Or if that's not possible, can I at least query the current PTT delay setting so I don't have to implement a separate control panel for this?

I can query VAD, AGC, Denoise and PTT settings from the preprocessor, but there doesn't seem to be any documented way to query the PTT delay. Trying to query "delay_ptt" and "delay_ptt_msec", the names of these settings in the config file, also fails. I'd like to request that these preprocessor settings be made available in the next API version.
    Last edited by Armada651; August 14th, 2011 at 11:30 PM.

The PTT delay is implemented in the UI, not the clientlib, so it's not accessible via the preprocessor settings.

You already found the config file values:

Code:
    Capture\Default\PreProcessing\delay_ptt=true
    Capture\Default\PreProcessing\delay_ptt_msecs=300
    So it should be possible to query the value by reading the config ini file and parsing for these keys. Though there could be a problem if different profiles are used, which have different values.

There is no reliable way to query the path to the config file, so that's not an option. Besides, to have a plugin seperately parse the config file is not a very clean solution, it'd be better to implement my own config dialog from a technical standpoint.

So it's not posible to make these settings available in a new API version?

Why is ts3Functions.getConfigPath not reliable?

I didn't know that function existed, it's not in the documentation. But if I'm going to use that method I need the name of the current profile, so that would still need a function added to the API.

You have a point with the current capture profile. I will try to figure something out. What I want to avoid is an extra function to get a specific setting, like PTT-delay in this case. Then someone else wants another function for another setting. Etc etc. Better to create something more generic. We had something in mind to keep all settings in memory for easier access, that could be forwarded to plugins. But that's a big change which probably won't happen within the close future. For your task getting the current profile name sounds like a plan to me, that might also be helpful for other plugin authors.

Thread Information