Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Text to Speech for chat

hay i want to just start off saying ts3 is grate. but the text to speech would be a lot nicer if you could have it read the text someone types instead of saying message received. other than that i love the new ts version

text to speech for chat

is there a way to type out what you want to say and have the people on the other side hear what you typed out loud

like if someone could not talk or did not have a mic is it possiable to send text to speach sound over microphone

We will think about it for a future release, but this does not mean, that the developers will implement this.
    Last edited by dante696; November 12th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We will think about it for a future relase, but this does not mean, that the developers will implement this.
    This could be an addition to KeySpeech. Maybe.

WOW, this option would be far better than the option to "speak" the channel name or nickname of the client.
    It would be fantastic to use this option in full screen while someone types a text for you.

Ok I take note on this. Thank.

Suggestion to help those of us with no mic

Hi guys, just an idea here. I'm new to using ts, and I have no mic at the moment, also quite a few others in our rooms prefer to type.
    So I don't know if this is possible to implement but I think it would be awesome if you can? - implement some sorta text to speech synth in the client, so that when someone types the synth says it out loud in audio.

Also at the moment I use the client minimised, as it takes up too much space on the gamescreen even when shrunk to its minimum size and "always on top" is selected. Could we non vocal people please have a smaller box for this so we can type and still see most of the screen? What I mean is a selectable screen which just shows the input line for typing and a few lines for what is being said?

Thanks for reading anyway, hope this input is of some use.

Regards. Aza

Thread has been merged.
    Last edited by dante696; February 28th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

Typed text to voice

I am sry if i am number 100 who ask this, but sometimes a few of my team m8's are not at home and then
    they dont have a mic, now we changed the settings to default text to speech, but this only works when somebody enters or leaves a room and stuff like that.

We are trying to get tekst to voice when somebody is typing, because when we are in a game it is not always possible to bring up ts3 to see what they are typing.
    I am a truck driver myself for example and at home i have a mic, but on my laptop in my truck i dont have that luxary.
    And i want to communicate there to when i play a game or just chitchat with the guys.
    That makes tekst to voice perfect for those situations.

This feature was requested many times and it should be possible to include that function.
    I have created an ticket for this request. Our developers will discuss about it and we will reply, what will happen with that feature.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

chat TTS

Is it possible to have TTS for chat like ventrilo does?

Maybe a change of the whole programname in the future? From teamspeak into writespeak

Sorry my friends, but a mic costs only a few bucks and speaking are much easyer (and faster) than writing.
    If someone not willing to speak (oh all teamspeak user in the same channel recognize the other one on his sound) he can use other things to communicate (like ICQ, IRC, MSN, ect.)

my 2 'ct

Sorry my friends, but a mic costs only a few bucks
    Thats true, but there are many situations where you can't use a mic ... for example: if you're at work you could not always use a headset or a mic ... even if it's allowed to use the internet or use a chat your boss won't see you with a headset on ... especially if you work in an area with customers ...

... or sometimes you will be at a friend and typing in chat will be much easier than sharing a headset ...

... then your friend could use a connection with a restricted bandwith or a traffic limit (surfsticks for example) so even if he speak with you, you won't understand him clearly or he waste his traffic for the voice-chat ...)

... and even if i will personally have no need for this feature it will be a great improvement for me - if i was i a game it will be more comfortable for me to hear a synth-voice than switch always between the game and teamspeak ...

... and the plugin of curse will spam the screen if someone write many lines and i won't read every time i play a game (and sometimes the text vanishes to fast to read if there will be many lines of text - especially you where in a game and can't read at any time)

TTS for TS3

This is gonna sound crazy, but is there a way to integrate text to speech into ts 3. when my family goes to bed at night i cant really talk on my mic to the others on our server. i would like to be able to try to use a TTS software so i can still converse with them. Any ideas and directions on how to make it work would be much appreciated. Thank you

Lightbulb Feature Request - Text to Speech for channel chat and private chat windows

Dear TeamSpeak,

I'd like to see a feature for blind people:
    Text to speech for channel chat and private chat windows (and optionally also for server messages).
    And it would be even better when the user can make a selection what chat windows are converted to speech (Servermessages yes/no, channel chat yes/no, private chat selection per user and/or only for buddies). <-- Making a selection helps to reduce the chance of the text to speech feature getting spammed.

Since you already made a soundpack that utilizes Text to Speech, I hope it's not too hard to make this feature.
    Edit: Maybe the easiest way to integrate this feature is to add the possibility of adding the actual message to the existing text-to-speech sound pack: You received a client message say("Message received by ${clientname} ${message}").

Best regards,
    Dick van Bavel.
    Last edited by DvanBavel; June 29th, 2013 at 01:25 AM.

I have friends who have said they miss this ability that ventrilo had. They don't want to keep alt tabbing out of a game to read what someone is typing, they just want their client to read it.

Thread Information