Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hello

It's already explained:
    Quote Originally Posted by changelog.txt
    Show server query clients is no longer a global option but for each server
    tab, based on a bookmark. A temporary toggle can be added by customizing the
    toolbar. Please update your bookmark. We do not convert the old setting!
    So change this option in each bookmark from your client
    or
    Right click on the toolbar > Customize > and add the toggle button (at the end of the list).

another change that just annoys the hell out of customers, makes me wonder why someone thought this was a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    another change that just annoys the hell out of customers, makes me wonder why someone thought this was a good idea!
    Iguess that 80% of all users, don't wan't or don't need the see query client.
    So activate it, when it is needed.
    It's more annoying to see him connecting and disconnecting every second.

And maybe i just wan't to see him on theese server, where i'm the admin.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi,

thank you for answering.

Everytime I connect to a teamspeak server, the option to see the query bot is activated.
    I usually connect via a binded key (of G19) --> path to ts.exe, ip adress to server,...

So it's necessary to connect by a bookmark, isn't it?
    Unfortunately, the button for that is just for a temporary fix (like said before).

Or is there maybe an other solution? (except deactivating the bot)
    I'm looking forward to your answer
    Thank you.

Nice regards

the problem relates to the fact that the update did not auto disable it, we had customers who had turned it off find your update enabled it again, but due to you changing it they could not find it!

I had 37 tickets asking what had gone off, can i assume you will refund us the time spent and offset that against our bill ?

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    the problem relates to the fact that the update did not auto disable it, we had customers who had turned it off find your update enabled it again, but due to you changing it they could not find it!

I had 37 tickets asking what had gone off, can i assume you will refund us the time spent and offset that against our bill ?
    We provided these information in our changelog. We offer these important changes and the user can read them also, while the updater is doing his update in background.

Code:
    * Show server query clients is no longer a global option but for each server
      tab, based on a bookmark. A temporary toggle can be added by customizing the
      toolbar. Please update your bookmark. We do not convert the old setting!
    And no we don't pay other, for doing the job the already get paied for.... > Asking such a question is rude
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Angry Client side

So in the expert speak I see above: I see no solution for the "common user" Client Side.

I kept getting the upgrade box and I stupidly clicked on it for the 3.0.3 QT Version 4.7.2. Well since none of the above options seam to work for anyone other than the ADMIN how can the common user stop these harassing unwanted ServerQuery's.

And don't try to say its an admin problem.

Under US and CANADA Law this may constitute a Denial of Service for users that are getting pinged by these and unable to use the software as intended.(like hold conversations) Software/Companies that know there is a problem are just as culpable and must resolve the problem.

"Client side" non admin
    Tell us the step by step. Give us pictures if you think us simple.

Well I did uncheck "Show Server Query Clients" and it didn't make any difference. I still get these messages!

--- Merged ---

I just tried to post this in another thread but the thread was immediately closed right after I posted it!

I believe I found a BUG (maybe the same bug described by SilentStorm, ... who was "BANNED"? hmm ...)

Teamspeak 3 CLIENT version : 3.0.3, Qt version 4.72 (Windows 32-bit)
    Teamspeak 3 SERVER version : 3.0.0, build 14597 (Linux x86)

Same bug but in reverse... I see the checkbox to set Show Server Query Clients off (it's already unchecked... I have tried checking and then unchecking etc. to no avail) and I still cannot stop seeing the "Unknown from .." and hearing the "user entered your channel", "user disconnected from your channel" annoying message every time the query happens.

In case you are interested, I have Psychokiller's script running at :

http://paradisefoundation.net/hourof...ceconferencing
    which is set to refresh another IFRAME every 60 seconds containing the code for displaying who's on the server.

I even tried disabling the sounds, using two (?) methods: 1. By selecting "Sounds deactivated" under "Sound Pack" (Options/Notifications) and 2. "While output muted" "Play no sounds" ... to no avail.

At this point all I can do if I want to keep the script that tells everyone who's on the server without going crazy from the sound notifications, I will have to use my latest stop-gap fix which is that I copied the two sound files ( neutral_connection_connected_currentchannel.wav = "User entered your channel", and neutral_connection_disconnected_currentchannel.wav = "User disconnected from your channel" ). Ahhh .... silence is golden. Too bad I can't hear when someone enters the channel though.

Please don't close this thread until this BUG is fixed! Thanks!
    Last edited by florian_fr40; February 9th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.

Hello

Please look at the dante696's answer
    Don't forget to update your server too

I DID just read dante696's answer. I even just now deleted the bookmark, then clicked "Add to Bookmark" again, being sure that "Show Server Query Clients" checkbox was UNchecked. (It was checked by default).

Same problem, I still get the connect and disconnect messages.

Running Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600, with ALL Windows Updates recently installed.

You said "Show Server Query Clients" is checked by default but this isn't true.
    If you just use "Add Bookmark" the checkbox should be unchecked.

Do you see the "unkown from - connected/disconnected" message any time or it is just sometimes... i mean maybe it is event related and it only appears after a special client event/action.. like "clientkick,channelswitch,reconnect or channel-subscribe"?!

How do I get rid of random notifications?

I am in a clan of about 20 members. Only two of us started getting random user notifications. I would like to know why and/or how to get rid of this.

Here is what I am getting...

6>  "Unknown from 68.232.167.118:50235" connected to channel "Lobby"
    <16:16:16>  "Unknown from 68.232.167.118:50235" dropped (connection lost)
    <19:00:49>  "Unknown from 217.163.27.125:39280" dropped (connection lost)

Spam removed and post was moved
    Last edited by dante696; February 11th, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Question Can't see serverquery

Hey community,
    I'm back with a new TeamSpeak problem.

What ist my Problem?
    - I can't see any Query clients anymore. This happend since the last update.

Do I have all permissions for it?
    - Server group perm.: i_client_serverquery_view_power (100)
    - Cleint perm.: i_client_serverquery_view_power (100)

TeamSpeak 3 client Version:
    - Version: 3.0.3(20.01.2012 11:49:07) auf Windows
    - [Allready checked for a new one.]

TeamSpeak 3 server Version:
    - 3.0.0-rc1 [Build: 14468] auf Linux

Befor this Update happens I always can change ~"Show Query Clients" in my options. This option isn't there anymore.

Maybe someone know this problem and his solution.

sincerely, Chuckl0r.

Hello.

From 3.0.3 client version, this option control is in Bookmarks, in the "More" button section.

Greetings.

Reading the changelog would help :-/

*** Thread Merged ***
    Similar question.

Thread Information