Forum

Thread: earbud usage

earbud usage

Is it possible for me to use my skull candy headphones (that have a mic built in) to talk in teamspeak, if so how do I do it?

This company does not produce Headset as far as i know.
    I can't find any headset, only headphones.

So you can't talk in TeamSpeak without a microphone.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This company does not produce Headset as far as i know.
    I can't find any headset, only headphones.

So you can't talk in TeamSpeak without a microphone.
    So this is an old thread, I necro'd it because I am having this issue. I am using these earbuds:

http://store.munitio.com/Store/Produ.../CPFA000334-01

If you don't want to follow the link, those are Munitia 9mm earbuds with a 1-button inline microphone. I have tested headphones and mic on my phone and both worked fine, but when I tried to use them last night on the computer (using push-to-talk and also trying voice activated) no way I tried would work. I tried hooking it up in the microphone jack, the headphone jack, the blue jack (which I think is both, probably the best for this setup). It is a 3.5mm jack set of buds. Do these just not work for Teamspeak, or am I missing something in the setup? Any help would be appreciated.

I am going to assume that there is only one 3.5mm jack? If so I don't think regular soundcards support this kind of jacks as usually mic in and speaker out are separate jacks.
    According to Wikipedia different Vendors use the contacts differently even. So unless you have a special soundcard that support TRRS Jacks for combined mic/speakers you won't be able to use those at all on your PC. If you do sound might work or the mic might work, but never both together, in fact doing so might even damage the mic/speakers or the soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I am going to assume that there is only one 3.5mm jack? If so I don't think regular soundcards support this kind of jacks as usually mic in and speaker out are separate jacks.
    According to Wikipedia different Vendors use the contacts differently even. So unless you have a special soundcard that support TRRS Jacks for combined mic/speakers you won't be able to use those at all on your PC. If you do sound might work or the mic might work, but never both together, in fact doing so might even damage the mic/speakers or the soundcard.
    Dang. Well, thank you VERY much for the response. I was trying to avoid circumaural headsets but it looks like I'll have to go with that or a desktop mic. You are correct- there is one jack on the earbud/mic set. Thank you again for providing an answer.

Thread Information