Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ToDo List Perm: Some channel permissions do not working as intended

Hello there.

I guess this bug/porblem is a already known one but I couldn't find anything about it.

I have a server with some parent channels which have several subchannels. i_channel_needed_join_power and i_channel_needed_subscribe_power are set to 75 for every subchannel but are not set for the parent channels. The parent channels have a i_client_needed_talk_power of 75 instead, so that they are of no use for guests. The channel member group "members" has a i_channel_join_power of 75 and i_channel_subscribe_power of 75.

The whole setup should cause "members" of a parent channel to be able to join and subscribe all of its subchannels but none of the subchannels of another parent channel. It works well when it comes to channel joining but as soon a someone who is only "member" of one parent channel (who has no other server group or any other right) is inside that channel where he is member of, he can subscribe to all subchannels in all parent channels on the server.
    The funny thing is, when he is in a parent channel where he is not "member" of and has no rights, he can only subscribe to the subchennels of the perent channel where he actually is "member" and cannot see who is in the subchannels of the other parent channels - as intended.

Any idea how to fix this?

Best regards,
    Arzu

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Arzu
    but as soon a someone who is only "member" of one parent channel (who has no other server group or any other right) is inside that channel where he is member of, he can subscribe to all subchannels in all parent channels on the server.
    Sounds like in these server group there is the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission.

To make sure, could you post a permission overview from these users :
    Right click on a user > Permissions > Permission Overview > click on "Export as PDF"

Sure. Attached is a screenshot with the point of view of Test and the exported rights as PDF.

Looks to me b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission is not set and it the server gives subscribe_power globaly also if it is only given because of a channelgroup... or something like that. So the question remains if you can change this behaviour so that members of one parent channel cannot subscribe to subchannels from other parent channels...

Regards
    Arzu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test_abos_all.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	5407  
    Attached Files Attached Files

The user in the channel group member recieves the same group in all subchannels, as long no b_channel_group_inheritance_end on the next subchannel.
    He is a member of that custom groups in all subchannel, when he has the channel group in a parent channel.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

@dante696
    If I understand the effect of b_channel_group_inheritance_end correctly it should prevent members of a parent channel from becoming member in a subchannel where b_channel_group_inheritance_end is set.
    I tested a bit and when it comes to joining a channel it works but it seems it has absolutely no effect on the subscibe_power...

Here is what I tried:

-- Parent channel #1
    -- -- Subchannel #1.1 (b_channel_group_inheritance_end set to true)
    -- -- Subchannel #1.2 (b_channel_group_inheritance_end set to true)

-- Parent channel #2 (Test is member here)
    -- -- Subchannel #2.1
    -- -- Subchannel #2.2 (b_channel_group_inheritance_end set to true)

With this changes and apart from that the setup like above described, Test can still subscribe to #1, #1.1 and #1.2 as long as he is somewhere in #2 also he is not member of any #1 channel and all #1 channels have a i_channel_needed_subscribe_power of 75. He now only cannot join #2.2 (but as soon as he is elsewhere in #2 he can subscribe to #2.2 also its i_channel_needed_subscribe_power is 75, too).

I can reprodcue your problem (bug) and found much more permissions, that do not work correctly in a channel group or as channel client or as channel permission.
    b_channel_group_inheritance_end is not the problem here

These permissions act wrong (global on whole server) in my opinion
    Channel Group:
    i_channel_subscribe_power

Channel-client Permission or Channel Permission
    i_channel_subscribe_power

I wrote a ticket for this.
    Internal ticket ID TS-637
    Last edited by dante696; September 1st, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Update
    This will be fixed in our next release.

Additional information for
    Channel Groups:
    You will be able to subscribe the channel or open filebrowser, see the description etc. from outside, as long you have that member group in your target channel.

Channel-client Permission
    You will be able to subscribe the channel or open filebrowser, see the description etc. from outside, as long you have that permissiosn as a channel-client permission in the target channel set.

Channel Permission
    You will be able to subscribe the channel or open filebrowser, see the description etc. from outside, as long you have that permissiosn as a channel permission in the target channel set.

Thread Information