Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

How to disable Auto Update?

Before trolls come and ask me why should I, easy as a pie, because the new versions API totally ruin one of my plugins, and because I don't see any improvements since last version, I want to use this without the annoying notice on every start.

+1 question, sometimes I get DC from server with this message "too many clones already connected" Its not a problem, but TS3 doesnt want to reconnect, well it tries 3 times, with same error message and it stops trying. And I have to wait 5-10 seconds, and reconnect manually.
    Also if I get DC, how can I make to join back to the room where I was? It is like there is an option for reconnect, but good for nothing. :\

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Merwenus
    because the new versions API totally ruin one of my plugins
    Sorry but your plugin must be updated too (the API version)

and because I don't see any improvements since last version
    Read the changelog

I get DC from server with this message "too many clones already connected" Its not a problem, but TS3 doesnt want to reconnect, well it tries 3 times, with same error message and it stops trying. And I have to wait 5-10 seconds, and reconnect manually.
    Your "lost identity" (for a "connection lost") is still on the memorie about 3/5 secondes.

Also if I get DC, how can I make to join back to the room where I was? It is like there is an option for reconnect, but good for nothing. :\
    You have to use a script/tool for that.

Hello, thanks for answering

Sorry but your plugin must be updated too (the API version)
    I know, but it wasn't a question. The plugin doesn't have working api13 version, that's why I MUST disable auto update, not because I'm lazy to use google for newer version. (also used google to find out how to disable frustrating auto update, but every1 who asked got stupid answers, or questioning WHY does he want disabling it?)

Read the changelog
    Thanks, read it, nothing important for me.

Your "lost identity" (for a "connection lost") is still on the memorie about 3/5 secondes.
    How can i prevent it?

You have to use a script/tool for that.
    Do you have 1 for that?

And the question is still alive, how can i disable auto update?

About your main question,
    If the same answer was given several times (on this forum), so that such action is not possible (not planned).
    The plugins must be updated to works correctly with the client. Sorry if you think it's a stupid answer.

Nothing important for you ? hum some fixed bug
    (is important isn't it ?)

For the connection lost, there is several causes.
    Server traffic, internet connection, etc

And about the tool to return on a channel at the reconnection, I think I saw one, but I can't remember where.
    Use the search function and/or maybe on the addons website (http://addons.teamspeak.com)

But
    If you want, you can download an old version to work with your plugin (not recommended ):
    http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts3/releases/
    But, for each client start you'll get the update message ...

The only bug i have now is the aggressive update message everything works fine. There must be a way to disable auto update, resource hack or something, and I'm sure some1 must know it, since if some1 made it work, he can disable it also. (you cant, or you dont want to help?)

I know what DC is, and why is it happen, but how can I make it, to reconnect to the same room where i was, no matter what, even if it has to reconnect every 5 seconds, 99 times. (will look for a plugin tomorrow, hope find something)

--- Merged ---

Like this kind of "support", "have you tried turn it OFF and back ON?" but it never helps, never.
    Any1 out there with talent to disable the auto updater, and time to help me?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 20th, 2011 at 07:58 AM.

Merwenus,
    Florian answered to your question and also toled you that is not possible to deactivate the update message.

Your client checks for an update on every 24hours and there is no way around it, even when you change the date of your computer to year 2099.
    Last edited by dante696; January 19th, 2015 at 07:28 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Annoying Update Popup

I update my teamspeak only a few times per year because it always breaks my plugins, but I have to deal with this absolutely infuriating popup nearly every time I start my client always prompting me to update my client.

I don't want to update my client, I'll do that later, when I want to. I already heard you the last 100 times. Stop asking, please.

How do I prevent this incredibly annoying popup?

Update reminder

How can I disable the update reminder? The community I am working with does not alow a newer teamspeak version.

Thanks
    Maxx1

There is no way to turn this off.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information