;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 22348
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 13, ADDITIONAL: 25

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
    ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;_ts3._udp._ts3._udp.the-dirty-dozen.com. IN SRV

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    _ts3._udp._ts3._udp.the-dirty-dozen.com. 3600 IN SRV 1 10 11697 ts3.the-dirty-dozen.com.
    In short, leave the "Name" section blank. It is to specify a separate host for a service. You don't need it - you're describing a service for domain.

Second.
    The domain (@) A record is irrelevant in your setup. I don't know, why you showed it. It could point to your guild website or whatever - it is IRRELEVANT.
    The relevant record is listed in SRV record - ts3.the-dirty-dozen.com, and that one should point to the IP of the voilce server you've rented.

P.S.
    Next time you have the urge to leave some information out, ask yourself - do you want to get any help? How could people be able to help you, if they don't have the necessary information?

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    There are two IPs associated with the A record;
    That's hardly an issue of record setup. That can be a routing issue, but let's discuss it when we have the setup all proper.

linking my custom domain to my Teamspeak server.

Hello,

I recently started renting a Teamspeak server from well known Teamspeak provider for a community that I am growing.
    Coming to towards the final steps and finishing the Teamspeak server now I thought it was time to connect my custom GoDaddy domain to my Teamspeak server so that members of the community can connect via my custom domain, I will also say that this domain is also currently in use for a website I own as well. After being in contact with the Teamspeak server provider they told be that they do not offer technical support in this area and that I will have to spend $35 for a hour of admin for personal support on this. So instead of blowing $30 odd dollars I thought I'd ask first for community advise. So my question is: How do I link my Go Daddy custom domain to my Teamspeak server.
    Last edited by Altislifegaming; January 19th, 2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: merged

Try reading the topic.

The generic answer to this kind of task: If you own a domain and want your domain (or a hostname on this domain) point to your Teamspeak server, go to the management interface of your domain and add a A record and optionally a SRV record.

The A record has to point to the IP address of your Teamspeak server. This creates a hostname for this IP address.
    The SRV record has to point to a hostname of your Teamspeak server, for example to the A record you created in the 1st step. If your Teamspeak-server is already known under a different hostname, you can point the SRV record to that name as well.
    Last edited by Schlumpi; January 20th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.

Setting up TS with a custom domain

Hello, so I recently purchased a new Domain for my TS server from GoDaddy. I've set up the A record under the DNS management, which allows me to connect to the custom IP with the port on the end, which is (for example, not the real one) ts.abcts3.org:9990, but I want to be able to just join via ts.abcts3.org, now in order to do that, I know I have to create a new SRV record but I'm a bit confused on how to fill out the boxes when I go to create it.

I was hoping that if I give the information I currently have, someone could tell me what to fill each box with.

server IP (not real one) - 45.165.132.152:9990
    A record I set up allows me to join on - ts.abcts3.org:9990

I want to be able to join on ts.abc123.org, in order to do this, I need to create a SRV record, this is the information required to create one

Name (This is the domain name for which the record is valid.)
    Target (The target is the host name providing the service.)
    Protocol (The name of the protocol, preceded by an underscore character (_).)
    Service (The name of the service, preceded by an underscore character (_).)
    Priority (Priority ranks the importance of the service. Values range from 0 to 65535, where the lowest number represents the highest importance.)
    Weight (Weight is used to determine the order of execution when more than one service has the same priority. Its values range from 0 to 65535. The higher the value, the more weight a service is given.)
    Port (The port number specifies on which port the service runs.)

If anyone could help with this I'd really appreciate it, thanks
    Last edited by dante696; March 9th, 2016 at 02:14 PM. Reason: merged

TS3 Domain forwarding through GoDaddy

So I'm having issues getting a subdomain to forward to our TS3 IP. I've found other tutorials and solved threads related to this, but I still can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I just haven't waited long enough, but it's been about 48 hours now, and I just want to double check with some more knowledgeable people if I've done something wrong. I talked to a couple GoDaddy support agents, but they didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about.

Server provider: multiplayservers
    Server IP: 85.236.101.154:11157
    Provided custom IP: 2800603.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com
    Attempted subdomain: ts.phoenixwingcrew.com

I've included what I believe to be all the important information (pics) below:

http://imgur.com/a/Quhh0

Any help is greatly appreciated!

*Additional:
    I did put in ts.phoenixwingcrew.com into those records, and upon saving, it would shorten it down to just "ts".
    Last edited by Fanible; June 14th, 2016 at 09:53 AM. Reason: merged

Your SRV record is fine and works.

But your "Provided custom IP" of 2800603.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com resolves to 85.236.96.30, while you claim your TS server is on 85.236.101.154.
    So any TS client will try to connect to 85.236.96.30, whatever that is.

Solution:
    In your screenshot, you made an A record for a hostname ts.phoenixwingcrew.com (the second entry in the screenhot), that points to 85.236.101.154. You can use that in your SRV entry. So in your SRV entry, replace 2800603.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com with ts.phoenixwingcrew.com. You can use any other A record as well, as long as it points to 85.236.101.154.

Your interface shortens names in the "name" column and makes them relative to your domain. Everything you enter there must be relative to your domain.

Hm, that's strange. That is the custom host name they provided to us. Both the IP and custom name lead to the same TS with no issue.

I'll try changing the target in the SRV to ts.phoenixwingcrew.com. So this is what it looks like now: http://imgur.com/pvoDaLn

*Edit:
    And bingo, that did the trick! Thanks for the tip.

Reason is simply that gameservers uses SRV records themselves already. The "custom IP" they provided you with has an SRV record that directs clients to sid749440.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com, which in turn is 85.236.101.154
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

If your target is an SRV record itself, you can use CNAME instead of SRV.
    I.e. "2800603.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com" is an SRV record
    Code:
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;_ts3._udp.2800603.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com.    IN SRV

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    _ts3._udp.2800603.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com. 600 IN SRV 0 5 11157 sid749440.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
    sid749440.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com. 3600 IN A 85.236.101.154
    To maintain your connectivity and be independent of the SRV RR target changes, you can set up CNAME on your side to point to the SRV provided:
    Code:
    _ts3._udp.phoenixwingcrew.com. IN CNAME _ts3._udp.2800603.ts3.multiplaygameservers.com.
    Now, if you try to connect your TS3 client to phoenixwingcrew.com., it will hop though all the loops for you and correctly discover the actual IP address:port of your rented TS3.

Godaddy subdomain issues

Hi,

I have a Multiplay hosted TS3 and my godaddy domain.

I tried using SRV and an A host record to use ts.mydomain.com to connect to the TS and after waiting it still hasnt worked.

I then saw a post about using CName to use a url they give me to do the same job without needing a SRV but this too didnt work.

Below is the SRV settings, can someone tell me where I went wrong?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1dfd842a282e01073e9988f16bb4dff2.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	13999

Name:	1c4e2cdf126e308e2570be5cb1a3646f.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	13998

The CName was like this.

Name:	99d3f33bce3c4763b63e9c508262231f.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	14000
    Last edited by dante696; June 24th, 2016 at 01:08 PM. Reason: merged

SRV record MUST point to A record, or be itself a CNAME.
    Your current records seems functional, though not quite correct.
    And http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...288#post383288

Use my Go Daddy host and domain to host a Teamspeak server?

Hi all! I have a domain account and domain name registered through GoDaddy. I have yet to use that domain for anything (www.simpleprimate.net) except some email addresses.

I have had a hosting account through Typefrag for a Teamspeak server for quite a few years, but I can not afford to renew it this year.

I would like to set up my own personal server, and set it to go through that domain name, if possible.

I do not have a static IP address through my ISP and at this time I do not think I can get one.

I am using Windows 10.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

Thread Information