Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Xbox one

Hi just wondering if there are any plans for ts being made for Xbox one
    Last edited by dante696; April 4th, 2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: merged

@ sluaghtered
    Stopp pasting off-topics! You already got your answer for SDK. This thread has nothing to do with SDK.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...s-phone-10-SDK
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

ok fine, make the windows phone app
    thanks

Windows Phone

Can You Add Teamspeak for Windows phone
    Last edited by dante696; July 1st, 2015 at 07:20 AM. Reason: merged

Teamspeak On Playstation 4 / Xbox one

Hello,
    I would like to know if it is expected that it can be connected via a Teamspeak PS4 .
    It's sucks to be able to play with people of its structure when desired !
    The above information ?

Nope that does not work but it provides the PS4 a cross over Partychat of the play with a few other people prop sufficient TS3 as mobile app would be theoretically even a option.

Teamspeak 3 For xbox one?

Hi,

I Own a teamspeak server that gets 10-30 players on in the night, I Have a few friends on xbox that don't have a ipad, iphone or anything to access teamspeak from.

I Really would like it if teamspeak could be added to the xbox one, There's no reason it can't be.

I Know some people will be like, Just use skype.... But teamspeak is way better for voice chat and playing music, etc. I Would much prefer to use teamspeak while playing on my xbox one.

If this gets rejected can you please give me a reason why you won't add it to the xbox one? I Really would like it on the xbox one so my friends can get on it, It would be a great for teamspeak to expand.

Thanks,
    Jordan

I highly doubt with the manpower that is available to development and maintenance that they would have the ability to develop a whole new TeamSpeak 3 client for consoles. It would be nice for console people to communicate to the rest of the world though.

Teamspeak 3 Windows 10 Universal App

It would be nice, if there is a Windows 10 universal app for Teamspeak 3. So you can use TS3 as App on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 Xbox, etc.

Windows Phone has no application yet so it would make TS3 users with Windows Phone (Windows 10 Mobile) very happy.

Regards, ibot3
    Last edited by dante696; September 14th, 2015 at 09:00 PM. Reason: merged

Google chromebook client?

A guy in my team uses a chromebook, he wants to join on Teamspeak too. I'm not sure on what OS that is and if there is a client available for him to use. Does he need the android client? Or is he just out of luck?
    If there isn't a client for chromebook yet, are there plans to have one?
    Last edited by dante696; October 19th, 2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: merged

There are no plans for client/Server on any other OS
    Last edited by dante696; November 12th, 2015 at 07:21 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Windows Phone 8 has now been out for a while and it offers support for C++. Will there be a TeamSpeak app for Windows Phone 8 since it's easier to develop for? I am planning on getting the Nokia Lumia 620, but it depends on you guys making the TeamSpeak app for it or not.
    Last edited by dante696; November 12th, 2015 at 07:22 AM. Reason: no.. see 1 post above

Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile

Having been amped up for the release of Windows 10 Mobile i am discovering some unsettling threads here about Teamspeak and Windows Phones...
    Well not to worry you guys!
    Microsoft has announced that whatever will work on the Desktop/Laptop version of Windows 10 will work on the Windows 10 Mobile version. Claiming that it is the very same operating system, just scaled down to accommodate the smaller screens of phones and tablets. Microsoft even claims that whatever is available on the Store for the Desktop/Laptop (lets just call it a PC) will be available on the phone's store. Again, because they are the same OS.

So, since we see that Teamspeak3 works on Windows 10, we can finally have our cake, and eat it too! What works on PC will work on the Phone too. I know this topic has been thrown around lightly, with a few posts here and there about past generations of WP's and their miserable OS coding, but that is now a memory thanks to Microsoft FINALLY being convenient about things for a change.

So, sometime this December, whatever is on the Store for PC will be on the store for Phone. Can we please have Teamspeak on the Microsoft Store now!? I'm still not seeing it there even after having had this Windows 10 for a while now. Looking forward to the new potential available to the Teamspeak Devs with the Windows 10 Mobile OS.
    Last edited by dante696; December 3rd, 2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: merged

There are no plans for any client version for the Windows or any other store.
    But i will bring up this topic for a dev meeting.

//Something Important i should mention.
    The device must use a Intel or AMD CPU to run the Desktop client. ARM is not supported.
    Most devices (also New Lumia devices) use an ARM CPU which will not supported even , when the client was added to the store.
    Last edited by dante696; December 3rd, 2015 at 11:05 AM.

Arm

But, i have seen Teamspeak client on both the Apple store and the Google Play store...
    And, i know that it works on several ARM based phones, for instance, i had it working perfectly fine on my iPod Touch 4th gen my friends Samsung Galaxy S3 i know that page says Cortex-A9, but its still an ARM processor.

So, teamspeak can run on ARM processors, nearly every android device is on an ARM processor.
    The challenge shouldn't necessarily be to make a new Teamspeak client, but to reform a mobile client for the windows 10 mobile platform to then be introduced as a multi-vectored software to work in tandem with both the Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile...

Take notes from how the iOS and Android version function without PC... Then using that layout reconfigure as a patch/update for PC, trial run it, then post to Microsoft Store like on the other stores, and in an instant thousands more client downloads occur installing it to Windows 10 Mobile.

//Oh, i see what you meant there, the PC version doesn't work on ARM... gotcha, but couldn't it be developed for the software to use the OS's resources to function instead of trying to communicate with the CPU directly? I mean like, instead of a hardware dependency, go for a OS plugin style? Like instead of using drivers to function, use DirectX, or some kind of layer based translation system, where the environment is adapted to for the Client, like how most video games use DirectX instead of creating their own drivers to directly access the raw resources... unless you're a throwback player of CounterStrike and used a PhysX card by Aegia (yeah i'm old lol)

I'm just curious though, how would all these other programs work seamlessly from one platform over to the next on Windows 10 or 10 Mobile but then TS3 doesn't have a chance?! Just doesn't make much sense, i'm sure there is an easier way to do this.

I really should go to sleep right now, i'm tweaking out at 6am about teamspeak OS compatibilities, time to lay off the Rockstars... Yup.
    Last edited by Kamikazi2142; December 8th, 2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Brain decided to work.

Thread Information