Forum

** UPDATED ** Issues on iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1st/2nd Gen

Dear iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 1st/2nd Generation Customers,

We are aware of your concern that version 1.0 of our iOS application is not working for some of you. We are in the process of gathering information about what could be the cause of the errors you have described. In contrast to the much more powerful 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd generation, and newer models, these problematic devices are by today's standards quite old hardware which tends to pose complications for our developers. However, we are doing our best to address the issue and determine if a solution can be found.

This is our top priority at the moment for the iOS app, and we will be immediatley submitting an update to the description area of our iOS app to reflect the same information above. Please bear with us as we try to find a solution to this issue. We will update this thread once we have additional information to report to you.

Thank you.

-Ben

*** UPDATE:

Our iOS developers have found a possible fix to the iPhone 3G and older generation iPods. The fix is still being tested and will be released soon with an update to the iOS app. We thank you for your patience.

-Ben
    Last edited by Ben; September 13th, 2011 at 12:47 AM.

good morning I just purchased the ipad app and i inserted my aika server adrress which is ts63.gameservers.com:9180 and it will just keep saying conecting but does not conect anyy help ??

Hello,

Please use the following format for the adress fields:

Address: Serveradress (without port)
    Label: Optional
    Port: Portnumber
    Nickname: User
    Server Password: Password
    Identities: Default

-Ben

hi ben, any news about the future update ?

Hello,

Its ready when its done
    No seriously there is no eta for the next release, but we are pushing hard as always.

regards,
    -Ben

So users with an iphone 2g gonna able to use the teamspeak app. So annoying that much of the apps on the app store is 4.x requiered.

Is anything being done about disabling server query clients? as these are causing quite a bit of confusion and irritation for users that do not understand what is happening, and think that there is a fault with the app. As displaying query clients is disabled as default in the desktop application I would have thought that this would be obvious to be at-least the same, even if it was disabled without a way to enable it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoleMan View Post
    Is anything being done about disabling server query clients? as these are causing quite a bit of confusion and irritation for users that do not understand what is happening, and think that there is a fault with the app. As displaying query clients is disabled as default in the desktop application I would have thought that this would be obvious to be at-least the same, even if it was disabled without a way to enable it.
    If it is your server you can try setting the value of i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power for the Guest Server Query group higher than the i_client_serverquery_view_power permission of those that are getting confused. This should prevent the iOS client from showing them since this would remove the user's permissions to see them.

Looking at my test server the only default non-query group with a i_client_serverquery_view_power is the Server Admin group, and it is at 75. So if you set the Guest Server Query group's i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power to 75 only server admin would see them.

and dont forget the invisible name when some 1 there
    http://THESOUNDOFRAP.webs.com/TS3_Mo...e_ButThere.PNG
    This was taken @ 8:52 PM EST. when i told ben the problem, ay man y0 welcome

Hi, Do you know when the Ipad/ipod version will be available in the UK Itunes store?

Thread Information