Forum

Question Hosting a Personal Server :: Several Questions

Greetings! I recently set up a TS3 server for my gaming community on a separate box in my home. I have a couple questions regarding permissions, reverse proxy, and sending a automated messages to the server channel via PuTTY.

Permissions:

I've copied the Server Admin group as a Regular Group, and renamed this new group to SuperAdmin. I would like this group to have ALL permissions granted to them with a power of 100. In this group, I'd like to be able to edit all permissions for all other groups while inside the TS3 client. Since I am the host of the server, I will be the only one in the group. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do this?

PuTTY:

I have antivirus and malware scans set to run at a certain time each week on this dedicated server box (Vista 64-bit). I would like to schedule via the Task Scheduler an automatic restart for a fresh restart of the computer each week. I know how to do this, but herein lies my problem. I would like to send automated messages to the server channel notifying anyone online that the server is about to be restarted. Is there a way to do this via PuTTY with the Task Scheduler, or would there happen to be another way to send these messages? Or is this not possible at all?

Reverse Proxy:
    I would also like to set up a reverse proxy on this server box. Will TS3 Server work with that, and how can I go about setting that up?

Many thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by Ryooshi; September 5th, 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Additional Question (Reverse Proxy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryooshi View Post
    Permissions:

I've copied the Server Admin group as a Regular Group, and renamed this new group to SuperAdmin. I would like this group to have ALL permissions granted to them with a power of 100. In this group, I'd like to be able to edit all permissions for all other groups while inside the TS3 client. Since I am the host of the server, I will be the only one in the group. Is this possible, and if so, how do I do this?
    there is already a group like this. it is called server query admin. i don't think there is a way to batch set perms but if there is it's probly in the manual which is located in the doc folder in your server install (in case you were curious).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryooshi View Post
    Reverse Proxy:
    I would also like to set up a reverse proxy on this server box. Will TS3 Server work with that, and how can I go about setting that up?

Many thanks in advance for the help.
    though my knowledge on the subject is limited, my guess is that it would be possible. i have no idea how you would go about setting it up though.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbox1234567 View Post
    there is already a group like this. it is called server query admin. i don't think there is a way to batch set perms but if there is it's probly in the manual which is located in the doc folder in your server install (in case you were curious).

though my knowledge on the subject is limited, my guess is that it would be possible. i have no idea how you would go about setting it up though.
    Sorry for the delay in reply. I'm very confused on how to use the server query function, but I'll do some checking.

As far as the reverse proxy goes, I've chosen Squid, but I don't know how to set it up. Would anyone have some advice?

psychokiller's interface is a great way to admin a teamspeak server without having to mess around in the server query. when i said server query group i meant the group not the actual server query. just generate yourself a token for serverquery admin and you're golden.

Thread Information