Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Show channel password

Hello!
    Can show channel password.Add parameter or privilege, will be able to view the password.
    For people with rights.

we cant show the password since we dont know it... we dont store plain text passwords.

Also, if people should have access to a passworded channel just tell them the password or grant them the permission to ignore channel-passwords.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Also, if people should have access to a passworded channel just tell them the password or grant them the permission to ignore channel-passwords.
    Thats not as easy as you think.
    When you have a passworded channel where normaly just users join who have the privilege to ignore passwords. After a while you can't remember the PW. My buddys have passworded the whole Server and forgot the Password and I didnt noticed that there is a PW because I'm a Admin.
    I understand the whish about the right to see Channel-Passwords but I prefer crypted PW's in the Database, so its not possible to show Channel/Server Passwords.

You can simply configure the channelrights of each channel with i_channel_needed_description_view_power and the authorized group with the ability to read the password with i_channel_description_view_power and set the password as channel description.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsoul View Post
    You can simply configure the channelrights of each channel with i_channel_needed_description_view_power and the authorized group with the ability to read the password with i_channel_description_view_power and set the password as channel description.
    You don't understand sorry(

There is no way to read the password since the server wouldn't know the password anyway. This is one reason why your password is generally secure in the Internet. Password is considered to be personal information, so reading passwords without explicit permission would be illegal in many countries anyway...

StarGalaxy[Superman] but the idea from Bloodsoul is a good one.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I understood your question, my answer was an idea for a workaround

Thread Information