Forum

Question [Problem] Plugin for Serial Communication (RS232) to activate PTT

Hi,

i've got some problem.
    After trying around a bit with the PluginSDK and some lucky moments seeing everything be easy, i am a litle bit stuck...

I'm trying to listen on Serial port for messages and activate for example PTT or Whisper to Whisperlist and this stuff. I'm allready able to activate PTT by useing "/appt ptt on" or deactivating with "off" instread of "on".

Now comes the tricky part. I want my arduino send Data over Serial port depending on a button press and let the plugin listen.

I allready found a code snipet wich creates a Serial port listener, but it seems to not work because of the fact that the plugin have to be compiled without CLR.

Does any body have a hint for me how to either compile the plugin with CLR support, or how to create a Serial port listener without CLR?

I don't have a direct answer, but I was just thinking about how to do this and thought I would google "PTT serial teamspeak"... and up pops your post.

As a side note, most radio interfaces use the RTS/CTS pins to control PTT on/off.
    http://www.w2ymm.net/ami-2.html#EcholinkSetup
    I would love to replicate that functionality in TeamSpeak. Basically, incoming audio to TeamSpeak would trigger the 'PTT' pin (RTS for example) on the serial interface, and incoming audio from the 'radio' would cause TeamSpeak to transmit either by being triggered by the CTS pin (if the radio supports COS, which is basically anytime the squelch gets broken), or by VOX (in case the radio has no digital output indicating that there is inbound audio, for example a walkietalkie).

I'm no great programmer but would be willing to get a radio interface for my radio/computer and do testing, if this functionality is built into a plugin. And I need to replace my Arduino, since I zapped it last month, but I could dabble with the non-plugin side of things too.

I could see why have ASCII control would be handy, but with using the raw pins on the serial port (even a usb serial port!), you can get away with a circuit that doesn't require any microcontroller to work. Cheaper! Plus its faster (don't have to wait for the serial data to arrive before the PTT gets activated).

Just some thoughts... perhaps a plug-in that can decode DTMF tones could be written too (Dialing 123# would trigger the TeamSpeak client to connect to the server that starts with 123 in the bookmark name, for example. * could disconnect TeamSpeak, and ### could get TeamSpeak to connect to a 'default' server).

Ok, i managed to read data out of the Serial Port.

At the moment i'm reading the Serial Port every time the Command "/aptt ptt an" is called.
    How do i automatically read the Serial Port every 250 ms (for exampel)?

--- Merged ---

Quote Originally Posted by doughecka View Post
    I don't have a direct answer, but I was just thinking about how to do this and thought I would google "PTT serial teamspeak"... and up pops your post.
    Sorry, didn't see your post.

I'm not THIS good in programming also, mostly i'm just googling for the problems i got.

As Mentioned above, i'm able to read the output of my arduino in the plugin, but only when triggered by command.

I'm useing the Arduino and Serial Port because i absolutely have no idea how to see wich ports of the serial port are bridged.

My first idea to get this to work was simulating the button press on the keyboard. But finding out that this would not help me, because i want to speak while writing or something else, without beeing interrputed.

EDIT: It would even better, when ther is a possibility that the plugin only ready from the serial port, when there is activity on it.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 14th, 2012 at 09:17 PM.

PTT serial teamspeak

You had any luck with that?

I have a ham radio connected to TS3,
    but would live to use serial PTT

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can have a look.
    http://www.funkerportal.de/index.php...Umc2VpdGU9MQ==

At the moment i'm testing with an USB Version of the Adapter.

It works (with some slack joint) on my Breadboard, but my last weekend produced PCB did not work. (because of older firmware)
    When i'm back to work monday, i'll try a more recent version.

At the moment i'm useing gas/break pedals of a steering wheel, but want to interchange them with push buttons (like the ones on guitar switch boards).

When it's done i'll come back here and report back..

Have you ever got TS3 to PTT on serial?

Not to beat a dead horse, but ROIP is getting popular.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks!!

Thread Information