Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Ipod music + Teamspeak 3 for Iphone combo

Hi,

Recently I downloaded (and bought!) your teamspeak 3 client for the Iphone 4 (software version 4.3.5) and I am very pleased with its functioning! It works perfect and the audio/mic performances are identical to when you would run teamspeak 3 on the computer.

Though, I did notice something... I can't get my music from the Ipod app working at the same time with Teamspeak 3 (teamspeak 3 will simply disconnect and I would have to turn off my music and reconnect to the server to get TS 3 working again). It looks like they can't work together... What I would like to see is: teamspeak 3 and music on my Iphone 4 working at the same time.

Is this possible right now? Or if not now, maybe an update in the near future will make this possible?

I look forward to your response!

Gr.
    Neeksnes

*EDIT*
    I tried the same thing with skype, I tried listening to music whilst having a phonecall with someone, and it works.. (even when theyr both running in the background) I figured I'd let you know because my impression is that TS3 and Skype have the same 'feeling' when it comes to multitasking the app (the red bar in the top of the iphone 4 screen etc!)

--- Merged ---

why am I not getting a reply? Don't tell me this question has already been answered, I've searched all the forums for an answer to my question....

Laziness or shit service? or maybe both?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 11th, 2011 at 07:55 AM.

Hello,

We are still trying to reproduce the error, for now it seems its related to having a headset plugged in.
    Did you try reproducing the error with no headset at all connected to your iphone ?

regards,
    -Ben

I get this aswell on my iPod 4th gen. When I open the Teamspeak app it'll shut my music offend when I start my music it will disconnect my Teamspeak. Does it with both headphones in and out everytime.

Neeksnes,

Does this problem occur on your ipod only or on your iphone aswell.

regards,
    -Ben

The problems occurs on my Iphone 4 (Software version 4.3.5)

The problem does not occur without the headphones plugged in, however, when multitasking the app and running music from the ipod app the red bar in the top of the screen quickly 'reloads' it looks like the iphone has to reload the app when you run music.

If I do the following with headphones plugged in, TS3 crashes:

Connect to server --> press home button --> run ipod app --> click play on music (TS3 only crashes when I click play music so NOT when i run the ipod app)

It also crashes when I'm in the TS3 app itself (and connected to server) and click the shortcut play button on my headphones set to play music

Thanks,

I will forward this to our developers.

regards,
    -Ben

So what have you guys done about this issue the last two months? Any progression regarding this bug?

I'd also like to point that my friend, who has a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android Phone), does NOT get any of the above mentioned bugs. His TS3 App was free too. So basically I paid €5,- for an app full of bugs, and he pays nothing and gets a properly working TS3 app? lol?

What are your thoughts on this?

If you still haven't worked on it yet, then just say so, but don't just ignore this thread. Do you not appreciate your customers? The least I expect is an answer to my complaints, which are completely justified.

I look forward to your response.

Gr.
    Neeksnes

Thread Information