Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Make an invisible user?

Greetings,

I'm wondering if there is a way that I can make a specific user invisible to all other users on the server, except for admin's?

The reason I ask is because on my TS3 server we enforce a few set of rules. We have had reports of people breaking these rules, but have not been able to catch them in the act. Usually because once an admin joins the channel, they all just shut up, or start behaving themselves.

I am looking for a way to create a client that allows me to connect to the server and join channels, but not show up in the channel list to anyone, and other clients will not be notified of this client joining. Also to have the ability to record what's happening in that channel without the other people in that channel knowing.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Hello

This question has been answered many times on this forum. NOT possible, this is not SpySpeak.

If you want be a "spy", create a second identity

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

This question has been answered many times on this forum. NOT possible, this is not SpySpeak.

If you want be a "spy", create a second identity
    I hate to post on an older thread, but I keep seeing this statement "we are not spyspeak" on the forums with subjects close in nature to this. While we all do understand that this is teamspeak and not spyspeak, what you are basically suggesting is that this will likely never be a feature of teamspeak. Please do not take this as a threat, as it most certainly is not. However, you do realize that you are leaving yourself wide open for massive lawsuits, correct? There is a reason that ventrilo added the "phantom" or "ghost" ability (whatever its called). That is because people were threatening them with lawsuits because the admins could not actively monitor the content on their servers due to software restrictions (that being they couldn't listen to a channel without the individuals within that channel knowing someone was listening).
    I personally do not have this issue as I only have one channel on my server and only invite trustworthy individuals. However, I could definately see on some of the larger commercial servers how this could come back to bite someone in the rear end. As stated earlier, this is most certainly not a threat, but something you all may want to think about in future versions of the software.

Thread Information