Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Allow Filetransfer in just one Channel

I'm sick of checking every Channel on every Server for illegal Content 'n Stuff so I decided to make just one Channel i.e. "Filesharing" where all (except Guests) users are allowed to make Filetransfers.
    On my Server only exists one Server Admin (myself), all others are Members, Moderators and Operators. Now, when someone of them make a new Channel Filetransfer is automaticaly enabled there, is it possible to take these Groups the right to make Channels with FT-Ability and take the rights to re-enable FT-Ability on any Channel?

------

Other Solution will be to set a Serversidet Flag that all Channels use the same FT-Folder per Server, so it doesn't matter if I start the Fileexplorer on Channel 1 or Channel 4, its always the same?!?

I hope you can help me configuring that.

Riff Raff

There are 2 ways to solve it.

Way 1 with many existing channels:
    Set i_ft_file_browse_power of -2 to all groups, who should not be able to open any file browser.
    Set i_ft_file_browse_power of -1 to all groups, who should be able to open any file browser.

Now set i_ft_needed_file_browse_power of -1 to that filetransfer channel.

Now only members will be able to open the filebrowser.

You can do that with i_ft_file_download_power or i_ft_file_upload_power to avoid a download or download and allow the filebrowser instead.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Way 2 without many existing channels:
    Set i_ft_file_browse_power of -1 to all groups, who should not be able to open any file browser.

Now set i_ft_needed_file_browse_power of -1 to that filetransfer channel.

Thats all.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Well I think I have to report a bug here.
    Group "Guest" isn#t able to open any browser anymore, that's OK.
    Group Normal is able to open the Filebrowser only in the FT-Channel. OK

Now, here is the Problem: Groups "Moderator" and "Operator" have exactly the same ft-rights as the Group "Normal" but they can't open the Filebrowser (insufficient client permissions (gescheitert an i_ft_needed_file_browse_power)) till i give them ft-rights of 0 or above (but then they can open the FT-Browser in any other channel too). :/

I don't see why its not behaves like it should, I have installed this server yesterday completly new, so there isn't any old stuff from previous beta installations etc. There must be another right wich the Moderators and Operators (both copyed from SA-Group and modified) have what causes this behavior.
    Any Idea?

PS: My Server Admin Group isn't modified in any way, when I set ft_file_browse_power to -1 the Server Admin can't open the -1 Filetransferchannel either. Maybe that helps to reproduce that bug.

You have to work with the skip flag for these groups, when you also use channel groups for these users or else it will be set to the value from that group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Operator is the name of a Server-Group on my system, i don't use any Channel Groups (don't need them), so these are on default settings and shouldnt disturb anything.
    Have you tried your solution and gave the Group "Server Admin" -1 ft_browse rights? On a new server you should experience the same Problem while group Normal works like a charm with the same settings.

UPDATE:
    I've deleted the Groups (Operator and Moderator) and set them entirely new, copied the Moderator-Group from the Normal-Group and add everything what the Moderator needs. (The Moderator is a Normal User with additional Rights)
    Then I've copied the Moderator-Group to the Operator-Group and added the rights which the Operator needs. (So the Operator is a Moderator with additional Rights)
    The Moderator works fine with the ft* -1 Settings but the Operator has the same Problem as explained b4.
    So its pretty clear that this is your turn. Which permission blocks the ft-Settings? If I can give you a Hand just PN me, the Database is almost new, I have no problem with giving the teamspeak-staff a copy if needed.

Best Regards

Riff Raff
    Last edited by Riff Raff; September 30th, 2011 at 08:18 AM.

What is my turn?
    This won't work for Server Admin (Or Server Groups) with b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled.
    It will ignore the needed File browse power, as long the permissions is not set into the group.

It's weired, when your server groups have the name of a channel group.

OK, my Bad. I can't remember that I've set something like that but I'll try it l8er at home.

The Permission reads like that I ignore Channel-Group Permissions when it's set. But I ignore Server-Group Permissions when I've set it, THATS weird.

I've never needed something like Channel-Groups but I need two types of Admins (Server Admin is to strong, I don't give someone SA-Rights anymore), thats why I have an Operator-Group and an Moderator-Group. I've always named my Groups like that, it's not my fault that TS3 has a Channelgroup named Operator.

OK it works!
    Thx a lot!

Thread Information