Forum

Solved Сan't set zero position (0 dB) of the "Main Volume"

Impossible to set tha main volume to zero decibel, it is only -1.00 dB or +0.50 dB.

And I think that is missing the key "Reset" of that options near with main volume.

Hello.

Sure you are using the mouse for adjusting the volume level.

Try this: move with the mouse till -1.00 or +0.5 point, then forget the mouse and use the left-arrow or right-arrow from the keyboard and each time you press the arrow verify the value passing the mouse over; doing that you'll set 0db or any other intermediate value that you can't select moving with the mouse.

Greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Hello.

Sure you are using the mouse for adjusting the volume level.

Try this: move with the mouse till -1.00 or +0.5 point, then forget the mouse and use the left-arrow or right-arrow from the keyboard and each time you press the arrow verify the value passing the mouse over; doing that you'll set 0db or any other intermediate value that you can't select moving with the mouse.

Greetings.
    Of course, I use a mouse. If use arrows is everything works as it should. But the arrows is not enjoy comfortable, in addition in order for their use you need to click the mouse on the main volume, and also to find out how much the slider moved.

We already noted that down into our ticket system and it was rejected as a bugreport.
    So it is no bug.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We already noted that down into our ticket system and it was rejected as a bugreport.
    So it is no bug.
    Well, if that is not bug, so... what is it? Defect? Оmission? Is it possible to fix it?

PS: And for what reason it was rejected?

Quote Originally Posted by r3n4m3 View Post
    If use arrows is everything works as it should. But the arrows is not enjoy comfortable, in addition in order for their use you need to click the mouse on the main volume, and also to find out how much the slider moved.
    Just reading ("but the arrows is not enjoy comfortble", "We already noted that down into our ticket system") i understand that it is an improvement and they say that your suggestion has a ticket system to be included in a new release.

No, it also means it won't be changed as it is.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I want take note on that thread again, cuz that bug should be fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    So it is no bug.
    I remind you, what i have said. We don't see this as a bug.

To avoid any misunderstanding, I want once again to clarify all details.

Are we talking about the same slider? I was talking about the slider that can be included in the Settings -> Options -> Application -> Main Window -> Show Main Volume (look at the screens 1 and 2). At the time when I try to change position of slider by mouse1 push and moving, I could not turn it back to Zero (0.0 dB) position, possible only 2 positions behind and beyond 0, it is -1.0 dB and +0.5 dB . It is defect. If try to use keyboard, before that I should click mouse1 to slider and push arrows by steps, but I cant see any feedback (what value is now).

I apologize for the misunderstanding, if I put it wrong before. I am weak in English. I hope for your understanding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	5837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	111.2 KB 
ID:	5838  

Quote Originally Posted by r3n4m3 View Post
    Are we talking about the same slider? I was talking about the slider that can be included in the Settings -> Options -> Application -> Main Window -> Show Main Volume (look at the screens 1 and 2). At the time when I try to change position of slider by mouse1 push and moving, I could not turn it back to Zero (0.0 dB) position, possible only 2 positions behind and beyond 0, it is -1.0 dB and +0.5 dB . It is defect. If try to use keyboard, before that I should click mouse1 to slider and push arrows by steps, but I cant see any feedback (what value is now).
    Hello.

Yes, I think we all are talking about the same slider.

Just curiosity, why is it so important select 0db in this slider?. Volume is a subjective perception. You adjust the slider to obtain a sensation with indenpency if the numeric value is -1db or +0.5db. Really I didn't notice of this beheaviour because i work with +6.5dB

In any case:
    a) After moving the slider with the arrows you can know the value passing again the mouse over the slider. Arrows move the slider with the same step that the mouse, curiously arrows allow set 0 db when value is -1dB or +.05db.

b) Maybe it's a resolution matter. You can perfectly set 0 db using the slider in settings --> Options --> Playback --> "Voice Volume Adjustment" but this slider is 'longer' than the other.

Greetings.

Thread Information