Forum

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxilein View Post
    What should I do to get this fixed?
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...637#post296637

There is nothing you can do, when the location is correct on ip2location.com
    As explained, we only get the database updates, when we release a new server version.
    There is no update, without a new server release.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I can confirm that this is not true for at least my server. I sent the appropriate information to ip2location in december 2013 because my server wasn't correctly localized. They have updated their database within two weeks and since that the correct information can be seen at the ip2location website. However, the teamspeak server list still contains the wrong location, even after two new releases of the teamspeak server.
    I'm currently migrating my server to a new host, and this time the new server isn't even located in the right country under the server list, however ip2location has always been reporting the correct information.
    Is ip2location actually the only source of information that is used for the server list? Is there currently a problem with that, when is it supposed to be fixed and what can be done to help?

More precisely:

For IP address 37.187.38.74
    Ip2location reports FRANCE, ALSACE, STRASBOURG since december 2013
    Teamspeak server list currently reports FRANCE, NORD-PAS-DE-CALAIS

For IP address 92.222.9.179
    Ip2location reports FRANCE, ALSACE, STRASBOURG before server installation
    Teamspeak server list currently reports GERMANY, NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN

all is good now thank's for helping us

Nationality wrong

I have a problem when I see the list of servers. My server is listed as living in Germany, and it is wrong. This server is Spanish, is there any way to fix that? It is very important, all users are Spanish and we are on that list.

regards
    Abraham Geoce
    Last edited by dante696; May 14th, 2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: merged adverts removed

Quote Originally Posted by geoce View Post
    I have a problem when I see the list of servers. My server is listed as living in Germany, and it is wrong. This server is Spanish, is there any way to fix that? It is very important, all users are Spanish and we are on that list.
    I've filtered the servers in the list, by 'retrosi' as server name, and they appear two servers, one in Madrid and other in Berlin.

The IP for the server in Berlin seems to be in Berlin, according to ip2location, as it's said in this thread:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ist-and-client

Please verify it by yourself, your know the correct IP for your server. My test has been supposing that the servers shown are yours.

These servers are mine, but the new me appears in Berlin and that's a problem for users. Our website and Teamspeak are Spaniards.

The new IP is 85.214.150.79

Can change to appear on the list in Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by geoce View Post
    These servers are mine, but the new me appears in Berlin and that's a problem for users. Our website and Teamspeak are Spaniards.

The new IP is 85.214.150.79

Can change to appear on the list in Spain?
    As you can see in this link http://www.ip2location.com/85.214.150.79
    ip2location says the IP is in Berlin

So, it's not possible to appear as 'Spain'.

It's an IP matter: the database says this IP is in Berlin. It's a problem: the physical location of the router not always is the location where the traffic really enters to internet. In my case... I'm in Barcelona, using an ADSL connection by Arrakis and ip2location says that my IP is in Madrid (sometimes says 'Sevilla'... it deppends of how the ISP is giving the internet access).

Your thread has been moved to this 'big one', then read post#2 and try to apply to ip2location but before this ask your ISP and try to confirm that the internet access for that IP is really in Madrid.

Decide server nationality

Why don't you let admins select the server national identity (flag)? We can do that just changing some lines in an ini file or something?
    For example, my server is shown with a German flag, and it's a server oriented for Spanish speaking people, we just want to decide from what country is our server to be identifiable for out target audience.
    Last edited by dante696; May 15th, 2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: merged

This is a known issue and needs to be adressed. We can't miss people visiting our servers because there's a flag of another country you know? Please fix this as soon as possible.
    Last edited by dante696; May 15th, 2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: merged

Please do not create second threads.
    There is nothing to fix from our side.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I need to change the flag and do not give me a solution, what I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We use an external service to resolve an Server IP and this database will be updated in the beginning of every month.

Here is the way to solve this problem.

1. Visit http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp
    2. Enter your Ip and check the result
    3. Send your update and location to [email protected]

We grab and use their updates, when we release a new server version.
    Already answered. This is all you can do and we do.

They tell me that my server is in Berlin and that's right. I need it to be Spanish.

So if this is right, You/We can't do anything.

Why is not the admin to decide where is the server and not others? It is absurd

Thread Information