Forum

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    You don't as its not distinguished between.

No need to double Post...
    As I already answered in the other Thread it is not distinguished between by the Database used by TeamSpeak and thus not possible. Scotland (as well as Wales, Ireland and North Ireland) is part of the UK and hence gets displayed the UK Flag.

Thread closed

Dear user with the wrong flag. Please read this post first and follow these steps. We can not fix the problem here, you neeed to report that to our "flag" provider.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...637#post296637
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

TeamSpeak3 Server location

Hi I have a proposal for improvement to the server location in the server list is make better.
    e.g.
    my teamspeak server is server list in, Schwitzerland.
    But in reality he is in France on my vserver at OVH.

mfg
    Christopher/FrEaKy1506

Edit by a moderator
    Thread was moved from Suggestions and Feedback
    Last edited by dante696; July 31st, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Isle of man flag added in update??????

Well i was angered to find that a small self-governing island within the UK, of only 80,000 people is to get its own flag in the client / web list.

When many many users from the other 4 nations within the UK which have populations of MILLIONS, still have to be lumped together.

Why is it impossible for Team speak to provide an option to either select your country flag or at least give me the correct flag of SCOTLAND. i find it offensive that i have to wear the flag of a union that politically we are trying to become independent of completely.

SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thnak you for your feedback, but we miss informations about the client version...
    Last edited by dante696; July 31st, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XmarksTheScot View Post
    Well i was angered to find that a small self-governing island within the UK, of only 80,000 people is to get its own flag in the client / web list.

When many many users from the other 4 nations within the UK which have populations of MILLIONS, still have to be lumped together.

Why is it impossible for Team speak to provide an option to either select your country flag or at least give me the correct flag of SCOTLAND. i find it offensive that i have to wear the flag of a union that politically we are trying to become independent of completely.

SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Referencing on wikipedia, the Isle of man is not part of the United Kingdom but self-governing, while Scotland is part of the United Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxe___ View Post
    Referencing on wikipedia, the Isle of man is not part of the United Kingdom but self-governing, while Scotland is part of the United Kingdom.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotlan..._within_the_UK

Scotland has its own parliament and is a separate nation within a Union of Nations

The flag was added in client 3.0.8.1...

And we do not add a feature to select your own flag, this stays as it is. The provided database tells the country and does choose the flag.

Thread moved. Please read my first answer and how to fix it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

For their geoIP information Teamspeak use a database from www.ip2location.com, it's very likely them that are preventing Teamspeak from allowing UK country specific flags since they probably lump England, Scotland, Wales & NI together as the UK, so nothing Teamspeak can do about it

No, the database does support, Isle of Men. This is the reason, why the flag was added to the client

But it works only, when it really reports the provider from Isle of Men instead the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    No, the database does support, Isle of Men. This is the reason, why the flag was added to the client

But it works only, when it really reports the provider from Isle of Men instead the UK.
    That's what I meant, England, Scotland, Wales & NI are lumped together as the UK instead of individual countries by IP2Location, which is why you can't support country specific UK flags (Isle of Man is not part of the UK so has it's own flag available)
    Last edited by Air SeaTac; July 31st, 2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Typo

It's confusing, when we talk about the Uk
    Yes indeed the database does UK instead of England and Scotland and we can not split this.

The isle of Men instead is supported and shown, when the Ip range is registred and updated in their database. There is nothing we can do.
    XmarksTheScot - Please read Post #2 and
    "SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    :P

What we can do for you, do not have any information.

Some "flag problems" with 3.0.9 too. Tried with the first release and the one from auto-update today
    The IPs in question resolve to a greek ISP (Hellas Online) and there is no flag at all next to those users

I can provide a screenshot if needed with a pm/email only (even though greece has mostly dynamic IPs i still care about peoples' privacy)

This post was moved
    Last edited by dante696; October 22nd, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Client 3.0.8.1 does show your flag?

In general any report about flags belongs into this thread. Post #2 explains how you can report it.
    Wrong-or-no-country-Flag-shown-in-weblist-and-client

Thread Information