Forum

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    You are right dante696, 3.0.8.1 has the same problem. I could swear it worked just fine too which was why i didn't report it
    to ip2location. In any case, you can delete my previous post, if you wish, to avoid confusion.

Note to self: always "check again"...

It could be, that your current server version differs from another server. Maybe this is the reason, why you can't see the flag.
    It depends on the server you are connected to. The version of their database maybe does not know your current provider.

We always provide the latest database on our public test server. You could check your flag here and compare the result with your server.
    http://www.teamspeak.com/invite/voice.teamspeak.com/

I move our post's
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi.

I have a dedicated server (Linux 64 bit Ubuntu 10.04), and TeamSpeak 3 Server with non-profit license.

I have the latest server version (3.0.6.1), and all needed ports open.

In the last update, the Spanish flag has been changed by Turkey country, and a horde of turks has coming to my server.

I read this thread, but in http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp my IP is correctly located in Spain.

Please check 5.39.9.33

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	badcountryflag.png 
Views:	206 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	7046

Thanks in advance.

They might've corrected their database in the meantime because someone else (or they themselves) noticed it to be wrong.
    The database is updated with each server release, the weblist is updated automatically every few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    They might've corrected their database in the meantime because someone else (or they themselves) noticed it to be wrong.
    The database is updated with each server release, the weblist is updated automatically every few weeks.
    Ok... thanks for your reply.

Meanwhile, sadly we continue banning turks who don't stop coming, and begin to disturb users when they discover that's it a foreign TeamSpeak3 server.

But if there's no other solution, we'll wait for a new server release...

It is not first and not last report regarding false country flag information (both server list/single client). Still they won't let us set it manually and/or disable completely as well as they won't bother themselves to fix it because it's not their problem. Typical.

And besides everything else, I understand your pain, turks believe that all servers (not only those with turkish flags) belong to them and all admins around the world speak turkish.

We just use a third party database and can only use what is offered. As we do not create or maintain that database it is not our fault there is wrong data in that database.

You can disable the flags (which they are by default) in the client options.

Quote Originally Posted by Morfi View Post
    It is not first and not last report regarding false country flag information (both server list/single client). Still they won't let us set it manually and/or disable completely as well as they won't bother themselves to fix it because it's not their problem. Typical.

And besides everything else, I understand your pain, turks believe that all servers (not only those with turkish flags) belong to them and all admins around the world speak turkish.
    If you read this thread from the start you'll see how you can do something about this information yourself (if it is indeed incorrect)

Quote Originally Posted by Morfi View Post

Totally agree. Name:  reverencia.gif
Views: 2681
Size:  675 Bytes

I have nothing more to add, honourable Member.

EDIT: Yes, only one thing... a country-kicker plugin (by Geo-IP location feature) for TS3 server. It would be great!

Your thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; December 2nd, 2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: suggestion

I am experiencing this issue as well. Using Server 3.0.6.1 and Client 3.0.9.2 from midwestern America. The website posted in #2 (above) reports my correct country. Can this be fixed?

Wrong Flag

Hello there, I am a new member to the forums (not to teamspeak) I've been using teamspeak for a long time, and I've been getting Israel flag (which is completely wrong, I am from Palestine - and Palestine was accepted into the UN few days ago, and according to the website ip2location.com I get that I am from Palestine

So the thing is, could you sort our flags to get the Palestine flag, instead of the Israeli one?

Your thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; December 2nd, 2012 at 08:54 PM.

Updating geoip database

Is there any way to update geoip manually? A lot of Latvian users don't have a flag, because the ipzone
    91.105.0.0 - 91.105.95.255 was used by UK until recently it was bought by popular Latvian ISP.

Your thread was merged

New Country Flag?

Hello , I live in Palestine and my TeamSpeak client shows I am from "Israel" , is there any chance that it can be fixed to say i'm from Palestine with the Palestinian flag?

Thanks!

Your thread was merged

Quote Originally Posted by Sabin View Post
    I am experiencing this issue as well. Using Server 3.0.6.1 and Client 3.0.9.2 from midwestern America. The website posted in #2 (above) reports my correct country. Can this be fixed?
    Probably connecting to a server in your local network? If so then this is normal, country is based on IP and when connecting locally you will connect from a local ip which cannot be assigned any country.

How to change flag in TeamSpeak 3?

How to change flag in TeamSpeak 3?

Thread Information