Forum

My TS3 Client will not launch anymore

I originally downloaded TS3 in July (of 2011) - it worked pefectly and as I was looking for a suitable voicesystem for my Game Guild - I rented a server too. Then, in September, it suddenly stopped working. I click to launch program from shortcut - the opening (connection) page flashes up on the screen for a moment - then disappears. I look on the quicklaunch bar and the icon is there but the moment my mousepointer touches it, that disappears aswell. I can't start it from any files in ts folder - I have wiped it, reloaded and added updates - but nothing. I don't understand why its not working and dont know what else to do. I am running Windows XP 32bit - Pentium D - 2gb RAM - Ati Radeon 256mb onboard graphics. Thanks.

Is there anything in your logs? Or is it still running in background?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks for your reply - No, unfortunately the program is not running in the background. It was working perfectly, now it is not - very baffling - anything you can advise will be most appreciated.

--- Merged ---

Sorry....also, I am not much of a whizz with PC logs and such, tho I have checked something called 'Eventlog' but there are no events logged from this year - all date from before that. Not sure if that is relevant.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 20th, 2011 at 08:45 AM.

To me, it sounds like something might be corrupt in your OS or your registry. Also, it is possible that a virus could be causing you issues. Are you running any AV scans?

continued.....

Hi - yes, I am currently running Avast - which is regularly updated. I have been advised by a friend to run %appsdata% - with which I found several items in the logs folder the most recent of which I will try to attatch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you test something for me?

1. Install the client Client Beta 36 and tell me if it starts or not.

2. Try the same thing with Client Rc1

3. and Client RC2

Now download and install the latest client from Here

What hardware do you use (soundcard mouse keyboard etc)?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I'm in his guild and have been trying to help him with this problem. He gets the same issue with mumble, and from what I've read on the net, both mumble and teamspeak is using QT libraries for the client. So I'm starting to suspect a corrupt QT library, is there anywhere it's possible to download the qt libraries used for teamspeak?

Sure, they are installed in the installer. But the needed files will be used from the program folder directly.

Copy Paste:
    Some people solved it, they reinstalled the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package SP1 or updated their Net Framework to version 3.5.

Thread Information