Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Activate microphone button is greyed out

Edit by mod
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    That's the normal behavior for this button, when you already are able to speak on the current server tab.
    This button becomes active, when you talk on a second tab and want to activate the mic on another tab again.

So I've never used teamspeak before so this may or may nor be a dumb question, but google was not able to help and neither were any of my friends. I have a logitech headset with a built-in microphone. As far as I know, the microphone itself work-I can hear myself taking on it when I turn it on or run a test as part of the set-up wizard or fool around with options menu. No matter what I seem to do, the activate microphone button on the toolbar, which I believe I need to click for anyone else to hear me.

Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by dante696; June 3rd, 2018 at 05:32 PM.

Hello

No, this button is when you have several server tab on your client (several server connection).

The voice "behavior" is set in the capture profile : Settings > Options > Capture part.
    In this part you can choose
    - Push-To-Talk (choose a button and after you have to press this one to open your mic)
    - Continious Transmission (your mic is always open)
    - Voice Activation Detection (just talk to open your mic)

Do you mean you can't talk on a serveur (same if you choose to either one of this 3 options) ?

Oh I see. Thank you for your quick response-no, no one can hear me on the server if I speak; I believe the dark blue button next to my name is supposed to flash when I am talking?

Quote Originally Posted by DeceasedHorse
    I believe the dark blue button next to my name is supposed to flash when I am talking?
    Yes. (except if the channel where you are is moderated and if in this case, you haven't the good talk power).

After be connected, check if the capture profile is selected : Self > Capture

Ok, I checked that, under the Self -> capture menu, the only option I have, and the one that is checked, is Default profile; should it be something else?

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    The voice "behavior" is set in the capture profile : Settings > Options > Capture part.
    In this part you can choose
    - Push-To-Talk (choose a button and after you have to press this one to open your mic)
    - Continious Transmission (your mic is always open)
    - Voice Activation Detection (just talk to open your mic)

Do you mean you can't talk on a serveur (same if you choose to either one of this 3 options) ?
    Well, you haven't answered yet to this question then let's suppose you are using Push-To-Talk,
    in this case, be sure that in Settings --> Options --> Capture --> "Voice Activation Detection while using Push-To-Talk" is unchecked.

Greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Hello,

Well, you haven't answered yet to this question then let's suppose you are using Push-To-Talk,
    in this case, be sure that in Settings --> Options --> Capture --> "Voice Activation Detection while using Push-To-Talk" is unchecked.

Greetings.
    I aplogize for the unnecessary double bump and for not answering the quuted question;-I was not fully understanding what was asked but I have managed to figure it out now. I had Voice Activation Detection enabled. Disabling it and using a hotkey to talk appears to work; how would I go about configuring voice activation so I do not have to us a hotkey? Using the setup wizard does not appear to work.

Thanks for your patience!

Hello,

Well if Push-To-Talk seems to work then it's just adjusting the voice activation threshold.

1) Settings --> Options --> Capture --> Voice Activation Detection

2) therefore you must configure your voice activation sensitivity level. This determines how loudly you need to speak in order to activate your microphone. Click the "Begin Test" button to begin testing and follow the instructions. A red/green indicator bar will show the intensity of the captured signal from your microphone. Speak the words "testing 1, 2, 3" continuously, slowly and clearly into your microphone while moving the slider left or right as instructed. When the indicator bar passes the slider position, your microphone will activate and you should hear your voice through your speakers or headset. Set the slider so the blue button lights up when you are speaking and turns off when you are not speaking. The slider should be placed in a position which does not trigger voice activation when you are not speaking even when soft, background noises exist. You should also avoid placing your microphone too closely to your mouth as this may cause other users to hear you breathing.

Once you consider it adjusted then "Stop Test" and "Apply" or "Ok"

Good luck.

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much everyone!

Activate Microphone button greyed out when joining channel

I've installed TS and setup properly, mic works. But when I'm joining any channel I see my Activate Microphone button greyed out(see attachments).

It's now installed so every setting is default as it is.

When testing this again in the Wizard my mic works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mic1.PNG 
Views:	158 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	12321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mic2.PNG 
Views:	547 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	12322  
    Last edited by dante696; April 16th, 2015 at 09:03 AM. Reason: merged

That's the normal behavior for this button, when you already are able to speak on the current server tab.
    This button becomes active, when you talk on a second tab and want to activate the mic on another tab again.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hello, i have this problem too, my mic is not ungreying even if i go to settings capture and choose one of the 3 options(pushto talk etc), then i wwnt to self like u said and the capture profile is greyed out , what can I do? HELP PLS

Even if u choose one of the 3 options, the activate button is never ungreying!!!! HELP!
    Last edited by dante696; November 6th, 2017 at 11:19 AM.

How about.. setting a valid input device into your record profile?

My Mic

The 'Activate Microphone' button for me is greyed out. The mic I use is the same one I use for my youtube videos and it works just fine. It is attached to my headset and I can hear everyone else when I join a channel. I'm not sure why this is and I've followed all the other forums I can find but none of them work! I have only just installed teamspeak and I'm not quite sure how most of it works.. Thank you in advance
    Last edited by dante696; June 3rd, 2018 at 05:31 PM. Reason: merged

Can't activate mic

Recently I downloaded the latest update, but since that, I can't enable the microphone, it's just grey.
    Everything's the same, like before the update, the microphone is plugged in aswell
    Last edited by dante696; June 14th, 2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information