Forum

Solved Hide main channel chat

Hi, my question is this, is it possible to choose the option that only the admin can see the main channel chat that tells everyone every moves that anyone does? I explain myself, I am an admin and I created a channel that cannot be subscribed by anyone but other admin and choose it as my entering channel. That's coz when I enter I wanna choose if talk with other people in other channels or just with admins in there. The point is that when I enter even if they can't see they see my login by reading the chat message in the main channel and that sucks coz they start to ask to join them and I often can't even end a talk. Hope u can help me.

You cant "hide" the Chat.

But you can forbid other Players to write.

Quote Originally Posted by kuky83 View Post
    I am an admin and I created a channel that cannot be subscribed by anyone but other admin and choose it as my entering channel. That's coz when I enter I wanna choose if talk with other people in other channels or just with admins in there. The point is that when I enter even if they can't see they see my login by reading the chat message in the main channel and that sucks coz they start to ask to join them and I often can't even end a talk. Hope u can help me.
    Hello,

That's you explain, Kuky83, it's correct: in the Regular Needed Powers Tab, a subscribe power of 75 (usually the power of the SA Server Group) won't write your movements in the Server Chat Tab of the users with lower power. Also, if you have this channel as "entering channel" then nobody else out of SA Server Group will have an annotation in his Server Chat Tab. But...
    if you have changed the subscribing power in an existing channel then you have to be patient because all the users already connected before you change it will "see" your movements in their server chat tab. Once they have disconnected they won't "see you" again when connected. The best way for that is to create a new channel with regular needed powers "subscribe=75" and "join=75" and once you have designed it as "entering channel" in your bookmarks they can not "see" you're inside.

Greetings.

mmmm maybe I missed something, I created that channel where no one can enter or subscribe it a couple of month ago but still normal SG see when I log in, that's weird indeed, do I have to change something in the sg management?

Hello,

Let's see an example with numbers:

SG Admin
    --> i_channel_subscribe_power = 75
    --> i_channel_join_power = 75

SG Normal
    --> i_channel_subscribe_power = 50
    --> i_channel_join_power = 50

Channel "Supervision" (a.k.a "Only SG Admin") has in the "regular neede powers" tab
    subscribe=75
    join=75

Then, if you are member of SG Admin and in your bookmarks have a connection with "Supervision" as "Default channel" (that means you enter directly to "Supervision") THEN only SG Admin users will have an annotation in his Server Chat Tab.

But ...
    If you enter in another channel and then you change to Supervision --> SG Normal will have trace that you are connected.
    if enter to "Supervision" and then you move to other channel --> SG Normal will have trace that you are in the server.

Greetings.

Thread Information