Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Where are "LoadLibrary error:" codes defined.

I got a plugin which is working perfectly fine on Linux 32 and 64 bit. When compiling if for Windows neither the 32 Bit nor the 64 Bit client will load it. The client log only tells me "LoadLibrary error: 0".

Where are the LoadLibrary errors explained? They can't be found in the pluginsdk,

The number is the return value of the win32 function GetLastError(). 0 is ERROR_SUCCESS (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx)

While looking at the code, it occurs to me that the error flag might have already been reset before calling GetLastError() because there is another logging output first. Not 100% sure on this now, but that's currently the only explanation I have for returning ERROR_SUCCESS but LoadLibrary actually returned NULL. Need to check this.

EDIT: Yes, that's right. The error flag was already reset. Sorry for that, my mistake. So the error number in the log is currently useless.

Thank you for your Information. However, i still cannot load the library for my plugin on Windows. I checked the .dll file with GNU nm and all the symbols needed by Teamspeak3 were present. The Settings->Plugins menu doesnt provide any other useful information. Is there any way to ask Teamspeak3 for a more specific reason of failure?

If you can make the DLL available to me, I can have a look. The GetLastError thing is fixed, but not yet in the latest beta release from yesterday (upload was already in progress when I fixed this).

Check your build flags. A problem I stumbled over previously with plugins not loading was the wrong C++ runtime lib flag. The flags we build our plugins with are: '/O2 /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /GF /MT'. Especially /MT is important, that might be a possible cause for plugins not loading.

Btw, what compiler do you use? I never tried building plugins with G++ on Windows, though from previously projects I made the experience that mixing MSVC and G++ DLLs generally works.

Otherwise it's hard to tell now. If I could have the DLL or, even better, the source, I might be able to help you more.

Hi. I tried the new plugin API but the error messages didnt change. I'm using QT creator so the compiler is whatever version of MinGW is shipped by default with the current stable QT Creator.

You can find the library compiled for x68_64 at http://ge.tt/9ncMqHA

md5 3ddc61a207d31a1336d5ded7f3ca1310
    sha1 cb4009a5b22313615dd34066df9cd0f97c89ce6d

The source can be found at http://sourceforge.net/p/ts3love/code/14/tree/

Result loading the 64 bit DLL you provided: LoadLibrary error: 126
    126 is ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

Makes sense, as when looking at dependencies of the DLL with Dependency Walker or CFF Explorer, there are 2 DLLs missing: mingwm10.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
    First is the MinGW runtime and needs to be deployed with every MinGW binary. The second DLL I don't know.

Thread Information