Forum

Solved [ANOMALY] clientlist fails on subscribe_power.

Server: 3.0.1-pre1 (25.10.2011 10:56:23)

Query Command clientlist fails on Permission 13697 (i_channel_subscribe_power) IF all connected Clients are in a channel which said Query Client cannot subscribe.
    However it does NOT fail if there is at least one regular (non Query) Client in any channel the query Client can subscribe.

EDIT:
    Just found out it's actually much worse: clientlist fails on Permission 13697 if there is any Channel on the Server which the Query cannot subscribe as long as there is no regular Client in any Channel that the query can subscribe. So it actually returns an error if the Server is empty.[/EDIT]

Since Query Clients _still_ use the Default Group for regular Clients even though there are specific Groups for Query Clients you would need to give subscribe Power to your regular Guests (which is DEFINATELY NOT what you'd want) not to mention that you already have to grant quite a few Permissions you most likely do not want on regular Guests.

Anyway (since we been over this dunno how many times and I know you wont fix this), I think clientlist should just return the same as it would if there are no clients connected at all.
    Last edited by SilentStorm; November 15th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.

This works as intended, since we changed the way how "subscribe to all channels and glance" was changed.
    This is the same behavior for the query client.

You will get the informations and no error as long you are allowed to subscribe one channel.
    The advantage in our client is, you can see , what channels are subscribed.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

There are always channels available to which everyone can subscribe, and while that Error has a good reason to be thrown, the Query does NOT give this Error if there is at least 1 regular Client in a channel it can subscribe to (which is always a fact, since it will automatically know who's in it's own channel (the Default one)).

What looks weird to me is the fact how it behaves differently depending on whether all connected Clients are in Channels the Query cannot subscribe (throw the Error) or at least one Client beeing in a Channel the Query can subscribe (regardless of how many Clients are in Channels it can not subscribe to).

Examples:
    Code:
    Default Channel (moderated, can be subscribed)
    |- Query Client
    Channel A (can be subscribed)
    |- Client 1
    Channel B (can be subscribed)
    |- Client 2
    |- Client 3
    Admin Channel (cannot be subscribed)
    clientlist returns Query Client, Client 1, Client 2, Client 3 (Works fine and as expected)

Code:
    |- Query Client
    |- Client 1
    |- Client 2
    |- Client 3
    |- Admin 1 (Client)
    |- Admin 2 (Client)
    clientlist returns Query Client, Client 1, Client 2, Client 3 (Works fine and as expected)

Code:
    Default Channel (moderated, cannot be subscribed)
    |- Query Client
    |- Admin 1 (Client)
    clientlist fails on permission id 13697

Code:
    |- Query Client
    |- Admin 1 (Client)
    clientlist returns Query Client (even though i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power = 75, i_client_serverquery_view_power = 0 (not set))

Code:
    Default Channel (moderated, cannot be subscribed)
    |- Query Client
    |- Client 1
    |- Client 2
    |- Admin 1 (Client)
    clientlist fails on permission id 13697
    Expected:
    clientlist returns Query Client, Client 1, Client 2
    Note: Now wait... Clients can always see their own Channel regardless of subscribe Power but Query Clients cannot?

These last two are odd: Query Clients can always see themselve if the channel they are in can be subscribed even though they should not be able to see themselve since they cannot see Query Clients by Permissions. But they cannot see themselve if they cannot subscribe to the channel they are in?!? Seems as so serverquery_view_power does not apply to Query Connections? (Not sure this is a good thing since Unknown Query can see logged in Queries even serveradmin?)

Now why is it that it fails to subscribe if there are only clients in "locked" channels but does not fail to subscribe (or rather ignores it failed to subscribe a/some channel/s) and silently ignores those it cannot see and just lists those it can see (as expected)? Should it not just list any Clients it can see (and as such only itself if the server is empty or all clients are hidden)?
    Last edited by SilentStorm; November 16th, 2011 at 08:57 PM.

I can see your point mate... But why the hell do you set a needed subscribe power to your default channel?!?!?

To disallow anyone without move power to display clients inside it, and also to prevent Channels beeing listed on unauthorized TS3 Viewers.

At this Point, my main concerns are that any query client can view other query clients even though they shouldn't be allowed to (needed_query_view_power) which currently makes for yet another reason to subscribe_protect the Default Channel.
    I just stumpled upon the "Query can not view own channel if cannot subscribe to it" Issue during my investigation. Im not really sure what to think of it as on one hand its pretty neat but on the other hand is also different from regular clients.
    Last edited by SilentStorm; November 19th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.

Thread Information