Forum

Lightbulb How to restrict an specific client (or group) to do ANYTHING + HID BAN?? [IDEA]

Hi, this is the last question I have to this excellent TS forum (I posted 3 times today). But since they are not related, I prefere to post them separately.

This is pretty simple to xplain, I guess. If I want to make a servergroup to place annoying people in there, like a "warned" group, so they CANT JOIN any channel, even if the channel has no join power needed, or password, and I don't want him to message anybody or speak, etc, but without having to ban them (because they just change IP, create a new identity and access again*), which permissions do I have to change on that group? I tried for instance changing the needed join power with no success.

* And about that, are the makers of TS3 thinking in some kind of HardwareID ban? I mean, a real permanent ban for people that access to servers only to annoy others? That would be pretty definitely, since you can't easily hide/change your HID.

Thank you!

Hi! Your first link really helped me. I've created a prison group and each client on that group cannot send messages, or change channels. But can still TALK. What could be the trouble?
    This is the screen of the group permissions.
    http://s3.subirimagenes.com:81/image...7sin-ttulo.png

The other link didn't contain exactly what i was looking for, but thank you anyways!
    Last edited by leeam; November 24th, 2011 at 03:13 AM.

I can't open your image

About talk, verify in prison_group:
    i_client_talk_power value=-1 / check box "Negated"
    b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions check box "Value"

As for the bans, you can increase the needed security level to make it harder to create new identities for connect.
    Also if users see they cant do anything (i. e. due to a prison group) they will eventually leave.

Thank you jordi! I solved it with the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions!
    Now is there a way to make the default channel for the people in that group different than the default channel of the virtual? So if they reconnect, they are moved directly to that "prison" channel..
    I read that was only possible with scripts but IDK anything about spcripting for TS.

Hi Alcazar, thats exactly what I did but since we have daily new users entering to our TS I cant make them wait like 5 to 10 minutes to improve their identity (some urers dont even know what is it and just desist to enter) and if I set security to 23 for instance, that is made in less than a minute, it is really easy for the guy thats being annoying to access again. I'm using the prison group right now, but you know, if we don't really want someone to access again, it is impossible since HID ban (or at least MAC ban) doesn't exist for TeamSpeak.
    Last edited by leeam; November 25th, 2011 at 01:17 AM.

Thread Information