Forum

ToDo List ? "Move Client to own Channel" also in Client Context Menu (TreeView)

I realize that this feature is already present when you right click on a user in chat. However, I feel that this feature should also be present when right clicking a user in the channel/client tree.

In a small Teamspeak 3 server, click and dragging a user is not a problem. However when you have many channels and clients, you have to click, drag, and then scroll through the entire tree in order to move them to your channel.

To sum it up, the features "Join Channel of Client" and "Find Client in Channel Tree" don't need to be included when right clicking a user in the tree. However, I strongly feel that "Move Client to own Channel" should be implemented for the sake of my, and perhaps your sanity.

Since this functionality is already present, I don't expect it to be difficult to implement (this assumption is based off my knowledge of Qt, correct me if I'm wrong).

I hope you consider my suggestion,
    Thanks!

"Move Client to own Channel" also in Client Context Menu (TreeView)

The Title almost says it all:

Currently the "Move Client to own Channel" is only present in Client links in the Chat. It would be awesome to have that Option in the Context Menu when clicking a Client in the Channel/Clientlist TreeView.

That way one wouldn't need to find / click a chatline of the Client but could just rightclick him in the TreeView. Makes it much easier to move ppl over great distances (Lots of Channels)

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; November 28th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

The idea is not that bad, but I think the ccontext menu gets overloaded :-/

Maybe we should add Administration and move "Kick, Ban and Move to own Channel" into a sub menu?
    Last edited by dante696; November 28th, 2011 at 01:59 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

It's not _that_ huge that a single Option would suddenly make it overloaded tbh...

However if you (TeamSpeak Systems) feel that a single Action would make the Menu overloaded then I'd rather move largely unused Options into a Submenu rather than more frequently used ones.

My opinion:
    • "Open Text Chat" doesn't even need to be there since 95% of all people will just double click the Client anyway to open a Chat.
    • Change Description & Priority Speaker are unused quite alot and could possibly go into a submenu?
    • Mute Client could possibly be up with "Add as Friend/Blocked"? all three could also be in a submenu.

But like I said before it's not that big in my opinion so it could also just stay the way it is right now with the Move to own Channel added.

Ticket TS-801 has been created for this, but it does not mean, that we include this improvement.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

That would be a blessing, since it is very difficult to move customers to an almost endless list of channels.
    About the location, I agree with the fact remove or change the menu options less useful, as in the case of open text chat.

Thread Information