Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Deleted Permissions from SA group

Good afternoon,

Sorry if this matter has been answered before, but I really couldn't find it.

Yesterday I was trying to edit a server group(Normal) and after clicking on apply it appeared that I was deleting permissions from the group I was in (Server admin) so the operation couldn't continue. When I checked the server log, this was in:
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'i_client_private_textmessage_power'(id:21443) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'b_client_server_textmessage_send'(id:21445) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'b_client_channel_textmessage_send'(id:21446) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'b_client_offline_textmessage_send'(id:21447) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'b_client_set_flag_talker'(id:21452) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'b_virtualserver_servergroup_permission_list'(id:1 6776) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'b_virtualserver_servergroup_client_list'(id:16777 ) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    22/05/2011 06:27:22 VirtualServer Info permission 'i_group_modify_power'(id:17298) was deleted by 'KonK'(id:10) from servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    And now I can't edit it back on as the "i_group_modify_power" permission has been deleted.

Is there a way that I can add them back on without having to reinstall the server?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

You can use this code, with every permission.

Code:
    login serveradmin <password>
    use sid=<serverId>
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permid=21443 permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    This code is for the first permission, and the last, ID=17298, (integer permissions)

For the rest (boolean permissions), use this code:
    Code:
    use sid=<serverId>
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permid=21445 permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    Go changing the permid value, according to the list of permissions removed.

Thank you for the quick reply

I will fix it now

Well, after trying it, I get the following error:
    error id=1033 msg=server\sis\snot\srunning (30 ms)
    Total: 30 ms

If I try changing use sid for use port, I get this error:
    error id=0 msg=ok (31 ms)
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=17298 (28 ms)
    Total: 59 ms
    Last edited by lfmbstyle; May 22nd, 2011 at 07:46 PM.

Permission deleted from SA

Hi.

I've deleted a specific permission from Server Admin group (Client can edit server host settings [Max clients, filetransfer quotas etc.]), and obv, I can't add that permission again to the group. I searched on forums and I found this: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...er+admin+group . But I didn't get to do that. Could you help me, please? Is there a way to add that specific permission again without re-installing the server? Maybe trough Server Query?

Thanks.
    Last edited by fromchile; December 5th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.

Yea, the Server Query Admin can help you here.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    1. Get the tool called Putty
    2. Start it and enter your server IP under session
    3. Select telnet and the query port (10011 is the default port)
    4. Enter a connection name under Saved Sesssion
    5. Press on save and then double click the server entry
    6. Enter your commands

Type help to get a list about all commands.
    Type help login as example, to read how to login.

Type help use, to read how you can access your virtual server.
    You will need the command servergroupaddperm

Here is an example for Server group 6
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_channel_join_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    -------------------------
    I guess you will also need the grant value for that permission.
    All these permissions do begin with i_needed_modify_power_
    Code:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=i_needed_modify_power_channel_join_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks for your reply, I got to add some permissions.

Could you tell me what permissions are given by the check-box "Client can edit server host settings (Max clients, filetransfer quotas etc.)" ? I just found 4:

- b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients
    - b_virtualserver_modify_reserved_slots
    - b_virtualserver_modify_hostmessage
    - b_virtualserver_modify_hostbanner
    - b_virtualserver_modify_hostbutton

Also, I got more questions. When you create a new group with the template Server Admin, that group will not have all permissions, for example it will not have the check-box "Client can edit server host settings", are there more permissions missing in that template?
    Last edited by fromchile; December 6th, 2011 at 06:45 PM.

I see that you work with the basic permissions system, would be better that they were the advanced:
    Settings > Options > Application > Misc > ... check box "Advanced permission system "

Maybe you can assign directly permissions, if not use this code:

Code:
    use sid=<serverId>  or  use port=<#port>
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=<permission_name> permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    You must use this code for every permission, changing <permission_name> for e.g. b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    I see that you work with the basic permissions system, would be better that they were the advanced:
    Settings > Options > Application > Misc > ... check box "Advanced permission system "

Code:
    use sid=<serverId>  or  use port=<#port>
    servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=<permission_name> permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    You must use this code for every permission, changing <permission_name> for e.g. b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients
    I should use the code, but I dont know the name for every permission that the chexckbox "Client can edit server host settings" took when I unmarked it... xd

Are you tried with advanced permissions system ?

Originally Posted by Jordi

> Settings > Options > Application > Misc > ... check box "Advanced permission system "

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    Are you tried with advanced permissions system ?
    Yes, thanks, I got almost all permissions, except the last one for tab "Logs".

Also, when the Server Admin group try to create any new gruop with any template (Guest, Normal, Server Admin) I get the message insufficient group modify power, maybe I did something by mistake :S How could I fix it?

And thanks for your help again.

EDIT: I compared all permissions with another server and edited them with Putty and I got to fix everything, thank you very much!! (:
    Last edited by fromchile; December 7th, 2011 at 01:58 AM.

Thread Information