Forum

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well you can just put all of them into a single File, which is what everyone else supporting multiple Platforms does. That of course means you will have to give them different Names but you should do that anyway so it's not really much of a problem.

The downside is that the package installer is really nothing more than an unzip Utility which
    • displays a Dialog with certain information from a file inside the zip.
    • on Windows reads Registry to detect Client Installation Path
    • Displays a warning based on the content of the package.ini

before unzipping certain Directories (namely plugins, gfx, styles, translations and sound) within the Zip into the selected Directory.

It will not detect the Operating System it is running on nor the architecture of the client (which could be judged by the filename of the Client executable) and thus will just unzip everything which means on a Win32 System you will end up having the Plugins for Linux32, linux64, mac and win64 extracted aswell even though you don't have any use for them.
    All of the above also means that in order to provide any additional files (such as the source code or 3rd Party dependencies) will need to go into one of the aforementioned directories that get extracted (or subdirectories thereof).
    While the latter is not too big a deal for documentational Material (like Source Code) it does make things harder for dependencies.

having some trouble and getting ready to slam the gfx into my recycle bin soon, bassically im having trouble getting the packe into the client and have tried several methods including changing from gfx to skin (.ts3_iconpack & .ts3_skin ) and no matter what i try, it wont appear in my folder or client.. i read that you need to save with UTF-8 an so i did, but on installation the app name dosent show up anymore, 11:45 writing this so pardon the grammar and sticky d key.

Any ideas on what to do?

will keep trying different methods of attack until i figure this out

first > .ts3_skin is not related to the package installer, but .ts3_iconpack should work as soon it is registred on your operation system (on windows).

The package.ini needs to be saved in UTF8 and you have to run C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\createfileassoc.exe as an admin once. to register the files.

http://addons.teamspeak.com/create-p...installer.html here are all details you need for your own packager.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

ahh ok ty dante, and as for .ts3_skin i meant .ts3_style cept my brain was asleep when i writing this , ty for info

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post

The downside is that the package installer is really nothing more than an unzip Utility which
    • displays a Dialog with certain information from a file inside the zip.
    • on Windows reads Registry to detect Client Installation Path
    • Displays a warning based on the content of the package.ini

before unzipping certain Directories (namely plugins, gfx, styles, translations and sound) within the Zip into the selected Directory.
    After some testing this statement seems to be true, if it is you should add it to tutorial, it would save some people time.

I am trying to have my install package add a file to the teamspeak install directory and to the teamspeak config directory. Right now this doesn't seem to work.

Is it possible you could create a type for config ?

I want to be able to restore my config settings, I am aware that to replace the config settings teamspeak cannot be running when I do that.

I could create a self extracting zip, but I would rather have the ts installer decide where the config files belong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bouma View Post
    Hi all, nice explanation for this Package Installer.
    I have created 2 skins, and uploaded as .ZIP, since I can't make the installer work. A friend of mine did the package.ini at his place, and zip it, change to .ts3_style send to me. The launcher works (Tho the name doesn't show, so it install nothing). But so far, he was able to launch the installer.

I tried to unzip his version. Open the package.ini, put underscore for the name, and save it again. once more, can't run the installer, it gives me error again.

Failed to extract Add-on :
    Failed to extract:<name>/package.ini

If it is something related to UTF-8, I have tried from Notepad, and Notepad ++, and still the same.

Any help will be great.
    Thanks
    I have the exact same problem, how do I fix this?

Is there a fix for this?

Code:
    Failed to extract Add-on :
    Failed to extract:<name>/package.ini

not being able to extract the file can be that your disk is full, you exceeded your quota or the file is malformed.

Notepad always worked for me saving with ANSI Encoding.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    not being able to extract the file can be that your disk is full
    Not that.

you exceeded your quota
    What do you mean?

or the file is malformed.
    My package.ini looks almost exactly like this:

http://addons.teamspeak.com/create-p...installer.html

Should it look different?

Notepad always worked for me saving with ANSI Encoding.
    I changed it to ANSI (it was UTF-8 by my editor's default), and it still didn't work.
    Last edited by PatPeter; January 13th, 2013 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatPeter View Post
    I changed it to ANSI (it was UTF-8 by my editor's default), and it still didn't work.
    Do you mind upload your file here? Just a basic sample, with the minimum content but with the error?

I found the issue and uploaded my soundpacks. It turns out when I zipped my sound folder and package.ini, it was skipping the package.ini, so I just had to drag it into the archive after creating it.

Question TeamSpeak 3 Package Installer - need help

I have made a "sound pack"
    but I'd really like to do it here "TeamSpeak 3 Package Installer"
    I understand just is not quite right.

there may be a friendly person who will tell you a little about it.
    best would be a video guide.
    which will be shown what to write just a quick one, with 3-5 audio files.
    I would really appreciate!

This explains how to create an installer for your pack.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...kage-Installer
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes, but I can not find it.
    for it would be best with a film
    one can show and explain to you do as you do?

sorry for my bad english

What's the problem? Just smash all the files in the correct directories into the zip and add a properly formatted package.ini in the root of the zip file, rename the zip to .ts3_addon and everything is ok...
    Detailed information is available in the linked thread and also here.

Thread Information