Forum

Solved Poke Permissions/Restrictions in specific Channels

OK, here is was i planned to do

I want to edit the permissions in an afk channel that no one can poke users in that channel.
    The users have poke power 5, 50 or 75, depending on their group. The channel is set to need perm. 100 to poke somebody. But everybody still can poke users in that channel, whats wrong?

Other similar problem:

I set the rights in the admin channel to poke power needed 75. What happened was very strange. Users with perm 5 or 50 where draged to that channel to test it directly. They still could poke the admins ( 75 ), but the admins now cant poke them... Its exactly the opposite of my plan -.-.

So is there a solution to get this working correctly ?

Be sure you haven't set permissions on the contrary.
    Permissions > Channel Permissions > ...afk channel... > Client > Basics > ... correct:
    i_client_needed_poke_power value=100
    i_client_poke_power removed

That is exactly what i have done, and i think it should work but it doesnt :/

Hello

Don't forget, with a channel permission you have to remove the b_client_skip_channelgroups_permissions permission in a server group.

Thank you, it looks like the problem is solved now.
    Another appears with that, users cant move others but i adjustet their rights and now it works again, hope everything is running fine now.

Thanks for the fast help

I still have this poke issue. I did everything that was said here, except I only want it to apply for 1 channel.
    b_client_skip_channelgroups_permissions removed from all groups, except the admin group.
    i_client_needed_poke_power is set to 100 in the channel.
    i_client_poke_power is only set to 75.

I even tried to move the channel outside every other channel, so it's not a sub-channel anymore...
    Someone please help me

the channel should not have a poke power said.

What most likely happens in your situation is that everyone in the channel will have the channelgroup guest and in that channelgroup most likely the i_client_needed_poke_power permission is set to 0 or some other low value.
    Since channelgroups override channel permissions in the end everyone has whatever needed poke power is set in the channel group and hence can be poked.
    Just remove the needed poke power from the channelgroup guest and it should be working.

I think you misunderstood me. I set i_client_needed_poke_power not for any client, but for the channel itself, in the channel permissions.
    The guest channel group has no permission at all, except i_group_needed_modify_power (which I also tried to remove).

Also the clients have no permission to join to that exact channel, it's only for the admin, but they can poke me from outside.

SO to clarify: You as the admin are the only one that can enter the channel and you don't want to be poked in that room? If so this cannot work as long as you have skip_channelgroup_permissions active since that would skip the needed_poke_power set on the channel.
    Since you seem to be the only one who needs this on your server you can just assign yourself a channel client permission i_client_needed_poke_power of 100 in that channel.

Thread Information