Forum

I'm a Server Admin but I cannot change room names and...

I'm still prompted for a password in password protected rooms. Thing is, I can input any password I want and it let's me in, even if the password is incorrect. Before, I was never prompted for a password because of my Server Admin rights.

When I say before, I mean a couple weeks ago. I wasn't on much over the Holidays and the only thing that's changed is I've bought a new headset.

I've tried getting another Admin to take away my Server Admin rights and give them back to me again and have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TeamSpeak 3 Client, but to no avail.

I can still drag members around to other rooms and still have an "S" next to my name. It's like I have half the privileges all of a sudden, and no other Admins have messed with any of my stuff.

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks!

Are you the server owner?
    If not, ask him about this question. Maybe he has changed the permissions.

Nope, I'm not the server owner.

But I have asked him and nothing's been altered or changed.

Thee must be a change in your permission system. And pelase check the error message, when you try to edit such a channel. This will help you to find the permission and to fix it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I own a TS server and I've had this problem twice. First guy that told me that his admin privileges weren't working I didn't believe, told him to reinstall (he did), to re-load his ID (he did), to create another ID and I added him to "Admin" server group again, that didn't work either. Everything that we tried, didn't work. I could use his IDs perfectly fine (I asked him to e-mail them to me). Tested with another ID the issue and I could not replicate it in any way... He said he didn't do anything to the computer, no changes or anything, that it just stopped working all of the sudden.
    That was a couple of months ago (we never resolved the issue...). Now a friend of mine that is a member of the "Super Admin" group, has the same problem, but only when he's at work. And it also happened from one day to the next. Still works when he's home, and he has tried everything, reinstalling, reloading ID, etc.

Whenever I have more time and he's online, I'll ask him (the Super Admin) to check if he can for example join password protected channels. But for now, I do remember that first guy in "Admin" server group, could still add/remove users from groups from the Ctrl+F1 Panel (but not by right-clicking and selecting, in that case, they were grayed out), and I think he could also move users between channels, and I also remember he could not join any password protected channels.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with this issue. And just to make sure that everything's clear: no, I did not change any of the settings of any of the Server Groups, and my main ID is in the same "Super Admin" group than my friend (I have a separate ID with "Admin Sever Query" privileges that I do not use unless I have to do something specific).

Thanks!
    Zak

--- Merged ---

Other things that I check with my friend:
    1. There's never any error message, it either works or it does not.
    2. He cannot do any Admin action that require right-clicking (Edit channel, kick, ban, server groups, channel groups, etc)
    3. He can move users/channels (so, he can modify channel order but cannot click in "Edit channel")

It kind of looks like it's monstly that he has all the right-click menu grayed out... And some other things that don't work but don't give him an error message. I'll ask him to check a few more things whenever I see him.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; April 20th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Zack.[IMPG
    ]There's never any error message, it either works or it does not.
    So what is the client version ?
    Is there any information in the client log ?
    What is the server version ?
    Your firend has tried to clear the client cache ?

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

So what is the client version ?
    Is there any information in the client log ?
    What is the server version ?
    Your firend has tried to clear the client cache ?
    Client version: 3.0.5 / Qt Version 4.7.2
    Client log: I don't see anything relevant to this problem.. (http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/699/logzk.jpg)
    Server version: 3.0.0-rc1 [Build: 14468] on Linux
    Cache: cache cleared, no changes.

I just checked with him and confirmed: it is only those things that require him to right click in the channel/user tree. And it is because all the options are grayed out.

Some more screenshots:
    http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/654/option1w.jpg
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5654/option2r.jpg
    http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1681/option3u.jpg
    Last edited by Zak.[IMPG]; April 20th, 2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: screenshots

The Server Version is way out of date!
    I'm not surprised some of the stuff not working properly as there were a couple of new Features added to the Client / Server which likely changed the way Server and Client talk to each other.
    What most likely happens is the Server not understanding what the Client wants of it and the other way around aswell.

You should wait till next week when the 3.0.5 Server is supposed to be released (on Monday iirc) and update your Server to that version then. If you do not want to wait you can get Server 3.0.3 right now and update to that one and then update to 3.0.5 again next week once its released.

Updating your Server to either of these Versions should very likely fix all the issues you described.

I'm rather surprised the new clients connect to such an old Server at all in the first place. They should at least popup some warning about the server being outdated and some features might not work.

SilentStorm do you have a problem with that server version?
    Cuz I didn't came across any problems myself with it yet. And yes I am waiting for the 3.0.5 since finally they did something noticeable.
    It's not even year old yet!

Truth is for admin work I use 3.0.1 since using never is not beneficial for me single bit.

After server upgrade I will test 3.0.6 client with hope that main bug is solved for me while purging history out(as noted in release notes).

I do not have any Problems with any specific Server Version, I cannot say that I personally encountered any problems with that server version but then again I like to keep things up to date and as such it has been quite some time since I used that server version and then I also only used it with the Clients from that time never with today's Client versions.

I am not entirely certain it has something to do with it but it could just as likely be the reason he is having problems with the 3.0.5 client and for now that is as good a guess as any.

And honestly a year is quite a long time in my opinion.

Ok. I will try to see if this fixes the problem. But I would have never imagined that this could be the problem, since my friend's client version and my own are the same. And the first guy with this problem in my server, had it several months ago, when the server version wasn't at all old, and he had the same client version as me as well (at the moment).

Anyhow, I still will try it out. Thanks for the tip.

Zak

I just wanted to let everyone know that it worked like a charm.

Thank you very much everyone.

Zak

Thread Information