Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.3 available

Hello world,

today we released the 3.0.3 TS3 Client in beta channel, it contains multiple bug fixes and improvements. Any feedback just post below so we can get any issues ironed out before this goes into stable channel.

Changes:

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.3 10 Jan 2012
    ! Updated plugins API to 15
    + Improved ban list, now shown as a table. Added sorting and filtering. Right-
      click on table header to configure which table columns to show.
    + Plugin API: Added function banclientdbid. Added new parameter lastNickName to
      onBanListEvent.
    + Plugin API: Added parameter clientUniqueIdentity to onClientChatClosedEvent
      and onClientChatComposingEvent.
    + Added custom plugin menus (global menu, channel and client contextmenus), so
      plugins can add menuitems to the TS3 client and receive events when the item
      is clicked. See the test plugin for details about implementing own menus.
      The Lua plugin also allows own menus.
    + Allow editing channel groups of a user in "Channel groups of Client" dialog.
    + Added button to remove all channel groups with a single click from a client
      in "Channel groups of Client" dialog.
    + Windows uninstaller optionally deletes all configuration files. Added new
      page to uninstaller where user can control this (default: do not delete).
    + Added option to clear cache on exit (Options - Security)
    + Added "Edit bookmark" to bookmarks popup menu
    + Added option to change also the nickname in connected bookmark when renamed
      oneself.
    * Mac: Added Cmd+W shortcut to minimize main window
    * Avatar images will be resized when uploading, to users can select a larger
      image and have TeamSpeak scale it down automatically.
    * Permission tabs for channel, client and channelclient permissions are now
      disabled instead of being removed when the permission to list that type
      is missing.
    * Improved behaviour of channel permissions dialog when permissions failed to
      be applied.
    * Show server query clients is no longer a global option but for each server
      tab, based on a bookmark. A temporary toggle can be added by customizing the
      toolbar. Please update your bookmark. We do not convert the old setting!
    * Because of now having all TS3 supported bbCodes usable in WYSIWYG editor, the
      bbCode [SIZE=+3] is just still in for convenient. Please use a fixed value
      like [SIZE=10] to have more possibilities.
    * Newsticker allows to click on individual HTML links.
    * Added link to Applications folder and background image to Mac disk image.
    * Print memory usage to client log for testing purpose.
    - Channel chat tab can no longer be closed.
    - Hide "Error requesting ping" error log when disconnected (in this case it's
      not really an error).
    - Hide statusbar text when mouse leaves chat text window to avoid sticky
      statusbar messages from hyperlinks.
    - Fixed broken HTML in delete client confirmation dialog from List all Clients
      window when client nickname had special HTML characters like < >
    - Fn key on Macbooks now recognized as hotkey
    - Fixed contextmenu of bookmark menuitems when items were in subfolders
    - Save channel subscriptions per server and client UID (before only per server)
    - Fixed hotkey BringToFront when client was minimized.
    - Fixed preventing baloontips when running a fullscreen application.
    - Fixed composing and close-chat events which got previously broken.
    - Fixed autoreconnecting in password-protected channel.
    - Properly register packet installer file associations on Mac in the case of
      old Mac clients getting updated (worked when installing from dmg).
    - Fixes and performance improvements for fetching and caching remote icons in
      channel description.
    - Fixed invalid "Not connected" display in G15 plugin when closing another
      server tab.
    - Removed chat arrow up/down history.
    How to get it
    (1) Wait until it is released to the stable channel (presumably ~1 week), and use the normal update dialogue.

(2) Tell your TeamSpeak Client to check for updates from the beta channel:
    - Go to where you installed teamspeak. There should be (among other things) a executable called "update"
    - In this folder create or edit the file called "update.ini", after you are done with it the contents should be:
    Code:
    [Channel]
    beta=true
    - Save the file, start TeamSpeak and go to Help->Check for Update, it should report a new version available.

Update: Uploaded a new version of the 3.0.3 client to beta channel, will leave this in beta channel for the weekend and hope to move it to stable next week. Let us know of any remaining issues.
    Update2: Now available in stable channel
    Last edited by Peter; January 23rd, 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Hello.

3.0.3 differs from 3.0.2 when showing welcome message with more than one line. See image below:
    http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/--7...essage_303.jpg
    3.0.2 On the left
    3.0.3 On the right.

Greetings.

--- Merged ---

3.0.3 shows the description field of a channel with very different size that 3.0.2.
    See image below,
    http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Cm...ption_size.jpg
    the description fied uses fixed value, [SIZE=8] in this case, as recommanded
    * Because of now having all TS3 supported bbCodes usable in WYSIWYG editor, the
    bbCode [SIZE=+3] is just still in for convenient. Please use a fixed value
    like [SIZE=10] to have more possibilities.
    in the image,
    3.0.2 On the left
    3.0.3 On the right.

Greetings.

=> Please use the Edit button
    Last edited by PotaBlava; January 13th, 2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Note removed

Hi,
    how can I remove the sound when I receive a message in chat using this new version? (the "din")
    Regards.

- Save channel subscriptions per server and client UID (before only per server)
    That did not work for me, or I not understood how it works.

EDIT
    We found the answer.
    Last edited by Jordi; January 15th, 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Solved

I wish if you're going to release a beta, you'd announce it as such in the subject line so those of us who just glance at the subject of an email don't waste time wondering why their TS3 client didn't update

Not too sure about "Channel Chat tab" cannot be closed? I can just middle-mouse click it and it will close.

Bug?

the up arrow is not working on chat to the last message

Some things.

Windows:
    • Can still close channel chat tabs with middle mouse button.
    • Audio sometimes fades in and out while clients are talking. This is random.
    • Improved behaviour of channel permissions dialog when permissions failed to be applied. - Only problem with this one is that it means you now need to close the channel edit dialog when you encounter an error and then open it back up again. Otherwise, things are just grayed out.
    • The overlay plugin still doesn't work 90% of the time.

Linux:
    • Audio is very inconsistent. While I know this is an ALSA/Pulse problem, I am wondering if you can work around it. I have some clients I talk to under Windows who sound fine (aside from random fade), but under Linux those very same clients have to be adjusted to +6 or higher volume mod in the TS3 client.
    • We need a method to adjust the size of fonts in the channel/client list. I can adjust the font sizes in channel/server description pane, the chat/log pane can also be resized, but the channels and clients are this gawd awful +50 font. Yes, I am exaggerating there... but it just tells you how it looks. It would also be nice if the client REMEMBERED those font settings.
    • Occasionally, the client log will fill up with something like "Mapped 50kb of memory"**. I forget exactly as I am not in Linux right now. Not sure why, but they are listed as info messages... which I take to mean a sort of "soft" warning.

Other issues are with the server itself on both Windows and Linux. It is highly annoying that all this time into this program between beta and current releases that you are STILL given the error message "invalid permissions" when you try to change certain things. This should be a given for the server's super admin. There really should be NO need to edit a database manually to get the permissions needed to make your server more secure.

If you can address those things, great! They will make life a lot easier.

In any case, I love TS3. I have converted many ventrilo fans over to your new platform and they ALL love it.

Code:
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 9:40:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.12 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 9:45:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.15 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 9:50:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.17 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 9:55:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.18 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:00:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.20 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:05:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.20 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:10:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.20 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:15:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.20 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:20:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.44 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:25:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.44 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:30:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.44 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:35:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 51.44 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:40:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 54.50 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:45:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.16 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:50:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.04 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 10:55:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.04 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 11:00:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.04 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 11:05:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.04 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 11:10:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.04 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 11:15:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.04 MiB	
    Sun. Jan 15, 2012 11:20:40 AM		Info	Memory usage: 53.04 MiB
    Last edited by T.S. Excreta; January 15th, 2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Edit: Got the proper wording for the "info" message in the client log.

- Removed chat arrow up/down history.

So you may remove your "IRC-like chat" from features.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 16th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Can still close channel chat tabs with middle mouse button.
    Fixed. Seems I missed the middle mouse button when making channel chat non-closable.

Improved behaviour of channel permissions dialog when permissions failed to be applied. - Only problem with this one is that it means you now need to close the channel edit dialog when you encounter an error and then open it back up again. Otherwise, things are just grayed out.
    I don't exactly understand. If you lack the permission to view channel permissions (b_virtualserver_channel_permission_list), the whole tab gets disabled and the text "No permission to view channel permissions" appears in the tab. This changes on-the-fly when the permission is granted or removed, no need to re-open the dialog.
    If an error occurs (which should mostly be something like "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power)"), the checkbox values are reset to their original value, but nothing is grayed out.
    It would be nice if you could give me some more details, what you dislike with the new behaviour.

We need a method to adjust the size of fonts in the channel/client list.
    Perhaps a button to set the font for the channel/client tree, like the "Change Font" button for the chat (see Options/Chat)? That would be a feature request for a future version, though, as I don't want add new last-minute features now for 3.0.3. That's the recipe to introduce new bugs. :-)

About the memory usage in the log: We added this to be able to request the logfile and monitor the clients memory usage, as users had complained that TeamSpeak is leaking memory, but they (or we) were unable to give some more data on this. So this memory usage logging might be helpful.
    Basically you can ignore these log entries. I reduced the log frequency from every 5 to 15 minutes.
    Last edited by PeterS; January 16th, 2012 at 09:43 AM.

Chat history will be included again, but there is no oprion to change the settings.
    The last 20 commands will be stored for each chat tab.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Fixed. Seems I missed the middle mouse button when making channel chat non-closable.
    Ah, hehe. That is understandable. Glad users have pointed it out to you and you caught it.

I don't exactly understand. If you lack the permission to view channel permissions (b_virtualserver_channel_permission_list), the whole tab gets disabled and the text "No permission to view channel permissions" appears in the tab. This changes on-the-fly when the permission is granted or removed, no need to re-open the dialog.
    If an error occurs (which should mostly be something like "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power)"), the checkbox values are reset to their original value, but nothing is grayed out.
    It would be nice if you could give me some more details, what you dislike with the new behaviour.
    Sorry... reading your reply, I realized what I had said. The permissions dialog you changed is different from the one I am thinking about, which is the dialog you get when you right-click on a channel and select "Edit Channel" from there.

When you use that dialog and you have insufficient permissions, the dialog completely goes gray and you have to close it and re-open it for it to work.

Apparently, the permissions dialog you were speaking about is the one in the server permissions settings. My mistake. I apologize for the confusion.

Perhaps a button to set the font for the channel/client tree, like the "Change Font" button for the chat (see Options/Chat)? That would be a feature request for a future version, though, as I don't want add new last-minute features now for 3.0.3. That's the recipe to introduce new bugs. :-)
    It would be very nice if you could add the feature to adjust the fonts there. But, as you said, bugs can appear from even the most simple of changes or additions. When ever you get around to it is fine, just nice to know you can plan it for the future.

About the memory usage in the log: We added this to be able to request the logfile and monitor the clients memory usage, as users had complained that TeamSpeak is leaking memory, but they (or we) were unable to give some more data on this. So this memory usage logging might be helpful.
    Basically you can ignore these log entries. I reduced the log frequency from every 5 to 15 minutes.
    I see. It's good to have in there, I just wasn't too sure (I may have missed reading about it somewhere, I admit it) if it was a bad thing or not.

Thanks for the answers, Peter. I appreciate your time.

New update of 3.0.3 Error !

screen: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2909/updateerrorj.png
    screen 2: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4471/error2za.png

Details Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit , TeamSpeak 3 was run as Administrator, every time even my friends have same problem whats going on ?? tell me.

The DXHook.dll was still in use by another program. This is the reason, why our updater was not able to overwrite it.
    Should work after an restart.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I have upgraded to new version!(3.0.3) But when I click update it gives me the option to upgrade to the same version. I do not know if bug or why it is still beta! Excuse me anything. PS: I wonder if you want the option to block a customer's IP. Thanks and again sorry anything.

Thread Information