My guild/gaming community members have been recently been complaining about my "whistle" or "high pitch" noise on TS3. It is relatively constant, and it's almost like feedback from something. A couple things first:

First - I have searched the forums for a similar thread, and there wasn't one with relevance to TS3:

TS2 searches
1. 2008, never resolved
2. 2007, and the topic was derailed and never resolved
3. 2004, user was obviously using TS2 and states Win98SE also no resolution

Second, I don't think this is a TS3 issue, but the issue ONLY presents itself in TS3 because it's the only voice chat system I'm using.

The nitty gritty
1. I didn't have this problem before switching to Windows 7, I was previously running Windows XP SP3.
  • I've tried using Line In vs. Microphone (mobo onboard sound, back)
  • Playing with the Win7 microphone settings and boost
  • Toggling the options in the Microphone Properties > Enhancements tab
  • Toggling/testing all the Playback and Capture Device options in TS3
  • Tested 3 different headsets w/ microphones (same results)

Worth noting - when I reduced the Win7 microphone volume and then used boost to make me audible, the noise became bearable and then eventually returned. As if it was saying "you can't keep me down!"

2. I did a reload last weekend so everything is up-to-date, and the only things that changed are:
  • New Hard Drive (SSD)
  • Operating System (Win 7 professional 64-bit from XP SP3)
  • 4GB more of RAM

Current System Info:
  • Win7 Professional 64-bit (Build 7601)
  • MSI K9A2 Platinum (mobo)
  • onboard Sound Chipset integrated by RealtekŪ ALC888/ALC888T (64-bit driver, most recent version - 6.00.0001.6521)
  • AMD Phenom II X4 940
  • 8GB RAM
  • Sapphire HD6870 x2 (with latest drivers)
  • DirectX 11
  • My normal headset/mic is a Plantronics
  • TS3 version 3.0.2 (64-bit client)

Don't think much else is pertinent. Obviously, I've seen others complain about this issue. Again, my gut says it's not a TS3 issue. My guess is it's a driver or Win7 issue, based on the limited swapping out of hardware components in my upgrade.

However, I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. Any feedback you have would be greatly appreciated.