Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

newer MySQL support

Hi All

With Active development of MySQL 5.0 ceasing back in 2010, I have been having a bit of a look round the forums to see if I can find anything about Teamspeak server intending to support MySQL 5.1, but have not found anything.

As this is the only thing on my server that still REQUIRES 5.0 to run, I'm really looking to get MySQL updated to the latest stable version, so thought I'd just ask if there's any plans to get this to work with 5.1.

--- Merged ---

I'm guessing by the distinct lack of response to this that Teamspeak doesn't intend to support MySQL 5.1 any time soon.

If someone could confirm this, that would put my mind at ease, and I know I might need to look into alternative solutions to upgrading to >5.0.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 26th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.

Hello

Do you got an error message ?
    Please post the server log.

The problem is that MySQL 5.1 comes with libmysqlclient.so.16, where teamspeak looks strictly for libmysqlclient.so.15 (the 5.0 version of this).

there's a few other posts I found on the forums about this, but nothing about how to get it working on 5.1.

Edit:

I've just updated MySQL, and the error is:

2012-01-26 17:15:56.087615|INFO |ServerLibPriv | | Server Version: 3.0.0-rc1 [Build: 14468], Linux
    2012-01-26 17:15:56.098407|INFO |DatabaseQuery | | Please make sure you use the supplied ts3server_minimal_runscript.sh to run the server, or set LD_LIBRARY_PATH yourself
    2012-01-26 17:15:56.098458|CRITICAL|DatabaseQuery | | unable to load database plugin library "libts3db_mysql.so", halting!

This is using exactly the same init script as before, the only difference, the mysql version.
    Last edited by sdousley; January 26th, 2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Extra info

There is several thread to know how to download the libmysqlclient15off.
    What is your linux distrib that I merged your Thread in the good one ?

Edit
    Other way, using the search function :
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...linux.../page3
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...sql.so-halting
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 27th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

My Distribution of linux is Gentoo, which compiles all the sources from scratch.

Personally, instead of having to put some form of workaround in, would it not be better if it could just use the 5.1 libraries?

Sorry to bring this back up, but I've been as yet totally unable to get anything working on MySQL 5.1, instead of putting in workarounds like getting a libmysqlclient.so.15, it'd be better for this to work with mysql 5.0 or 5.1? Is this possible at all?

It is possible.
    Devs just have to learn, how to use libs properly...

lol it's just a pain that it's still not even seemingly being worked on by Teamspeak, meaning that they are forcing their server administrators to use versions of 3rd party software that are vulnerable to fairly large issues.

For the attention of whoever might be interested, here's the bug I'm referring to: http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/gl...-201201-02.xml

Basically allows users (under the right circumstances) to execute shell commands through mysql - not good at all!

not to mention that MySQL 5.1 is fairly old itself, current Version of MySQL beeing 5.5

True, but at least 5.1 is stull under active development unlike 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by sdousley View Post
    My Distribution of linux is Gentoo, which compiles all the sources from scratch.

Personally, instead of having to put some form of workaround in, would it not be better if it could just use the 5.1 libraries?
    There's several thread to understand how to download the libmysqlclient15off.

Few people have said this, but searching for "libmysqlclient.so.15" seems to return nothing, so if you could provide some links, I'm more than willing to give it a try, though personally, I'd prefer TS to just work with 5.1 rather than use vulnerable 3rd party software.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    There is several thread to know how to download the libmysqlclient15off.
    What is your linux distrib that I merged your Thread in the good one ?
    Do you have any more ideas on this? or any view to changing TS to support mysql 5.1? I can see more and more people moving to other solutions if this isn't updated any time soon.

Wow, anotherone with the same problem like me. I "solved" this for pre 3.0.6 by compiling the "old" mysql client version to another directory and put this directory into the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Currently 3.0.6 dont want to load this file anyways but it worked good with <= 3.0.5

It can't be that hard to use the libmysqlclient.so.16, pls fix this!

What I'd like to see is an actual member of Teamspeak staff respond to this, with any potential intention of supporting this.

From what I can see, it only seems to be teamspeak users responding to this, and no actual teamspeak developer/support person.

Working with libraries properly, shouldn't be too hard to get this working with MySQL 5.1 surely?

Thread Information