Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Solved Client 3.0.9 Sound Notifcations

Just installed 3.0.9 and soon realised it keeps switching me back to the default sound pack when I want to use Default text to speech.

To replicate - Select Default text to speech, close Teamspeak, start Teamspeak, you're back on the default sound pack

This post was moved and merged
    Last edited by dante696; October 24th, 2012 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    Just installed 3.0.9 and soon realised it keeps switching me back to the default sound pack when I want to use Default text to speech.

To replicate - Select Default text to speech, close Teamspeak, start Teamspeak, you're back on the default sound pack
    Works fine for me, no matter where I change the sound pack, either in the options, in the bookmarks or the connect dialog, the sound pack is saved and is still the same after restarting the TeamSpeak client.

Keep in mind that when using a bookmark or the connect dialog, the sound pack specified in the bookmark / connect dialog will be used instead of the one specified in settings -> options.

Last edited by dante696; October 24th, 2012 at 07:45 AM.

Client 3.0.9 Sound Notifcations

I turned off Sound Notifications but I can still hear it when I switch channels etc. I had this disable since day one now it's not disabling any ideas?

same Problem here whit a half duzend people just deselecting of single sounds helps.

just mic on and of sound is impossible to set off

These settings are stored for each bookmark individually.
    In Bookmarks -> manage bookmarks -> more make sure soundpack says "sounds deactivated" for the bookmark in question.
    When connecting through the connect dialog there is the same drop down selection in that dialog as well.

If you are connected to the server you can also just click self -> sound pack -> sounds deactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    These settings are stored for each bookmark individually.
    In Bookmarks -> manage bookmarks -> more make sure soundpack says "sounds deactivated" for the bookmark in question.
    When connecting through the connect dialog there is the same drop down selection in that dialog as well.

If you are connected to the server you can also just click self -> sound pack -> sounds deactivated.
    Thanks Chris when was that added?

and the Settings @notifications are not longer working? in the options? for the general case that i don't want sounds?

I can't reproduce it with the sound pack "Default Sound Pack (Male)"
    I just turned off some sound notifications and I wasn't able to hear them. These sounds were still deactivated after client restart.

Tested with
    Code:
    You > Switched channel
    Channel > Created > By You
    Sound Capture > Muted
    Sound Capture > Unmuted
    Sound Playback > Muted
    Sound Playback > Unmuted
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

you can set in the options sound pack: Sounds deactivated but this option isn't working
    just the one in the server list so the general settings are not working anymore
    now i have to set it for every server separately

The Sound pack setting in the options dialog is still used for connections established through ts3server links, the web server list or when the sound pack is set to "Default".
    In addition to that the settings for each separate sound are still used for the respective soundpack. So if you disable the connection sound in the default female sound pack and are using the default female sound pack for a connection you won't hear those sounds.

sound pack settings are not working

I'm trying to use a custom sound pack that i put together, but since the latest patch, the system keeps defaulting to the regular female sound pack, even when i change the sound pack to use to one of the other defaults

sound packs were working as intended before the patch

Just tried it again with a 3.0.8.1 installation creating a couple favorites, each using a different soundpack (Default Female, Default Male, TTS) with the default one in the options set to deactivated.
    The settings were converted correctly after updating to 3.0.9 and still there and used correctly when using the bookmarks.

As I wrote in previous posts in this thread, check the bookmark entries again, making sure the sound packs are correct there.

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    Erm, ok

I've just changed the setting in bookmarks, and it's held onto the text to speech setting, but I've used a bookmark to connect to my server for a long time & have always used text to speech, so something in the update must have changed it back to its default setting
    You can set up the sound pack you want for each server in your favorites! Only choose and edit your bootmarked server oy your choice and select the advanced options: Here you can choose your installed sound packs!!!

Last edited by dante696; October 24th, 2012 at 07:46 AM.

I had the same issue. 3.0.8.1. Sound Notification's turned off.
    upgrade to 3.0.9. and they are on. after turning them off per bookmark it worked.

TTS No Longer Works

The newest update has broken TTS; it simply plays the soundpack. I really hope this is fixed quickly as it is quite annoying having to look to see who joins.

Thread Information